What Would you guys Think of...

imperetor

What would you all think of warzones with NPC involvement? You know, large masses of republic and imperial NPC's working towards the same objective the players are? Like a conquest kind of thing. Capture all the points on the map to win? Whilist you are fighting players & NPC's. Lead the imperial/republic army into a clash of arms. Or something similar to warzones in NcSoft's City of Heroes. Input? Comments? Anyone?

personally i just want imps to queue for ilum so its an equal # of republic/imperials.......if they get tired of waiting in queue then go re-roll, oh and spread out the armaments to rnaomd locations throughout all of ilum, force some damn exploration, split the imperials up so they arent grouped up so much

and biowares focus should be to encourage people not to zerg, massive valor reductions based on players in group......

i personally think the player fighting solo vs 3 people has way more valor than the zergfest taggers who dont even want to pvp

i mean why people want to pay to play, then login and tag targets for kill credit is beyond me.....do imperials have no pride?....like honestly every imperial on my server looks like this "ehhh i cant beat him 1v1 so im gonna invite people to zerg him and tag for a kill" <----people really login to do this?

but i guess player vs player means player vs 10 people tagging player for kill credit

Edited by Vegathegreat

I don't want to play DotA.

I don't fully agree with this. Something like this might be fun with the persistance granted by an MMO. I'm not a fan of the MOBA genre at all, but a MOBA style map in my MMO wouldn't necessarily be terrible (depending on the implementation).

I don't want to play DotA.

Haha, I was just thinking about LoL when i read the post. It would definitely be interesting, and the numbers could be increased/decreased based on the difference between Rep and Imp players (leading to possibly better balance), but at the same time that's just more processing power you would need to run Ilum. Had a full Rep ops group earlier against maybe 30-35 Imps, all at center, and I was running at less than 5 fps most of the time.

Until they improve the performance issues there, I cannot endorse this idea at all.