2V-R8 - Can he use weapons?

TeaLPrime

It's all in the description, really. I would like to turn him into a mean regenerating terminator machine, but it's kinda hard when he insists on going all "Bruce Lee" on everyone. So, are there any weapon types he can use at all? (He has a decent aim skill after all).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far as I can tell, he cannot use:

Assault cannons

Blaster pistols

Blaster rifles

Sniper rifles

Vibroswords

Electrostaves

Techstaves

Techblades

Vibroknives

When you hover over his main hand, it says "Main Hand (Ranged)" -- but I'm not sure how many other ranged weapons there are. Sure would be awesome to give him an assault cannon though! Maybe he can only hold a Star Trek phaser? ;)

Hes a healer not a fighter. + he makes food and cleans your ship :p

He's a pretty crappy healer. He watched me go all the way down to 20% before he decided to throw a tiny hot on me. In the meantime, he thought it would be a good idea to punch folk in the face - funny, but ultimately usless.

He's now back in the ship cleaning the toilets..

Even though his main hand states "Ranged Weapon" when you check it in your Character sheet window, your skills window will clearly show he has no skills pertaining to weapons. He's your personal man servant who is oddly creepy about pleasing you.

The odd thing about 2V-R8 is that later on he gets a CC channelled ability called "Carbonized Stream"; only problem is that I noticed he never used it when on auto-cast. Decided to try manual activation and when I ordered him to fire it specifically I got an message saying "Required Weapon Not Equipped"!

What gives?

oh, you guys are talking about the "Target" droid :D

he does have one deadly ability- he'll talk you to death :(

"Master, I was wondering what I could do for you.."

"Stand right here"

"yes, of course....may I ask why so I can do this perfectly. Perfection is..."

"Blaster practice, you're doing perfectly"

"blaster Practice?! Oh master surely you don't mean to shoot at me. Haven't I scrubbed your ship from stem to stern, fixed daily culinary masterpieces for you consumption, I've tuned your ship's engines to perfection, given you stimulating conversation and I've even given you a foot massage! I have even undertaken dangerous missions, the like of which no other droid could possibly succeed at, why I've even...."

-two hours later-

"aaaggh***k!"

"...Oh look the master has gone to sleep on the cold hard deckplates. The master must have been extremely tense for a simple conversation to cause such sudden drowsiness, I really must adjust the vitamins in the masters diet..."

">.>"

"<.<"

"..or maybe not"

He tells you what he is and frankly I like having a Star Wars style protocol droid flapping around being next to useless, quite authentic. If this were Lord of the Rings then the weakest and most ineffectual would carry the ring to Mordor, but this is Star Wars and the weakest and most ineffectual stands around your ship bored to death scenting the air conditioning; when my ship is lemon fresh I know all is well in the galaxy!

From my understanding, it is a crew skills bot, not an adventuring companion. Not saying you can't use it for your travels, but it's not the best.

No, he is not. He is the crappiest companion to use for crew skills, unfortunately, because he doesn't get any affection. Affection affects crew skill/mission duration and success rate so since he's stuck at 0 he gets absolutely no bonus. You will notice that he actualy fails a lot of missions compared to your other companions (assuming your other companions have some amount of affection). He also doesn't have an innate bonus to a crew skill like the other companions do.

The only real use for him is as a healbot and he should be able to equip a weapon for the stat boosts alone even if it does 5 damage per shot...

He's a pretty crappy healer. He watched me go all the way down to 20% before he decided to throw a tiny hot on me. In the meantime, he thought it would be a good idea to punch folk in the face - funny, but ultimately usless.

He's now back in the ship cleaning the toilets..

Hah yeah he's useless. My partner used him in a heroic area for our healer .. and he NEVER healed. Just karate chopped the mobs over and over.

Why I'm annoyed BioWare never put in a BETTER hotbar for companions (I'm used to EQ2 with Attack, Stay, Defend me etc). Someway we can control them better.

Hah yeah he's useless. My partner used him in a heroic area for our healer .. and he NEVER healed. Just karate chopped the mobs over and over.

Why I'm annoyed BioWare never put in a BETTER hotbar for companions (I'm used to EQ2 with Attack, Stay, Defend me etc). Someway we can control them better.

You can expand their hotbar to show all their abilities. It replaces one of yours, but you can set it for left, right, or bottom hotbars, and toggle it with ~ key

I'd like to see a rep respond to this.

1. Why can he not use weapons?

2. Why does he have a mainhand ranged slot?

3. If he can benefit from stats, even though he is not a 'fighter' he should still be able to equip it.

I'm not a BW rep but I have been playing since earlier this year. The ship droid, 2V-R8, was truly meant to be an exclusive crew skill companion and nothing more. In beta, you were allowed to equip him with a blaster, but when beta testers often used the ship droid in combat, the developers wised up and removed the ability to arm the ship droid. On top of that, he says a very annoying line EVERY TIME he does anything. The annoyance is intentional because the ship droid was not meant to be a companion that you take out on your adventures.

I guess the reason why you can still equip him with armor is to simply dress him up for fun, or perhaps they haven't gotten around yet to disabling that as well.

Edited by BlackRifle

:csw_redsaber::csw_alderaan::csw_bluesaber:

:D_rolls_eyes:"Excellent! I was just wondering what I can do to serve you master!":d_tongue:

Any Mod to turn 2V-R8 into a female droid?:w_eek::ph_lol:

The 2V-R8 compantion will keep saying this when fighting npc's I guess it's a bug.

What's the point of gearing this compantion when it can't use a weapon:jawa_confused:

Having the same problem with weapons. So far I've been able to find him an ear piece, two implants a motor, parts and an off hand power generator.

He's actually a very good healing companion. Although he likes to punch people in the face. When I set him to healing mode and turned all his heals to auto. The second I take damage he starts healing. I've been able to do some heroics with him. Although he is rather annoying when everytime he heals he says something ugh.

From a Snipers point of view :

He cant wear a weapon, even thou it clearly says : Main Hand (Ranged)

Perhaps like someone pointed out earlier, there is a quest weapon, or it might just be bugged atm.

I noticed that gearing this dude with loads of Tech Power, he suddenly becomes an awesome healer.

I hardly drop beneath 80% while his blasting off healing powers from left to right while annoyingly meleeing (dont set him to passive, then he does nothing, no healing even) the mobs.

So GO! 2V-R8 heal like crazzzy!!!

I'd like to see a rep respond to this.

1. Why can he not use weapons?

2. Why does he have a mainhand ranged slot?

3. If he can benefit from stats, even though he is not a 'fighter' he should still be able to equip it.

I'm not a rep.

1. When you first met the bot and he tells you about your ship, he states that he has no combat abilities and not suited for combat. He does have limited healing abilities. When he runs out of heals or if you don't need a heal, he punches your target.

2. Default character sheet.

3. Upgrading his components makes him a slightly better heal bot.

Edited by Quiet