Please bring back Dr. Oggurobb Hutt HOLO trainer if already bringing back other stuff

I would love to access to this. SWTOR is already making sub-rewards accessible to all again so what gives? why not this one? TY

Thing is, that was a Pre-order item given out for Rise of the Hutt Cartel, so i don't see them doing that

I would love to access to this. SWTOR is already making sub-rewards accessible to all again so what gives? why not this one? TY

What for? If you need a portable trainer you can get Senya from the anniversary vendor or Satele/Malgus from CM/GTN. There's nothing special about oggi, so I don't really see why they would risk annoying people who got him as reward back then. And considering the countless threads in this forum about the same issue, annoyed people is a sure thing, if they bring him back... (for whatever reason... personally I don't get all the fuss)

What for? If you need a portable trainer you can get Senya from the anniversary vendor or Satele/Malgus from CM/GTN. There's nothing special about oggi, so I don't really see why they would risk annoying people who got him as reward back then. And considering the countless threads in this forum about the same issue, annoyed people is a sure thing, if they bring him back... (for whatever reason... personally I don't get all the fuss)

Do you think EA/BW give a crap about it's customer base, or pissing people off. Look at the rewards they've already brought back, and the possible ones they are rumoured to be bringing back. There is no bottom of the barrel EA won't scrape to get cash, and it appears BW are following the same policy.

There's nothing special about oggi...

I disagree. Every time you pull out Dr Oggi you get that cute Hutt laugh and I think everyone should have the pleasure of experiencing Dr Oggi laugh. As an owner of the Dr Oggi laughing Hutt holo statue I support BW offering the statue to everyone so we can have more laughing Hutt holo statues jovially announcing their presence.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my two cents' worth on this. Given the choice, I would rather make some players happy to get an item they really want, than give other players some sort of satisfaction that they're the only ones who have it.

My brother pre-ordered Star Wars : The Old Republic for both of us back in 2011, and gave it to me as a Christmas gift. So we both got the Advanced Black-Yellow Fortitude Crystal as a reward.

Now, back in the early days of the game, when a player's choices for color crystals were limited to red, blue, green, yellow, or orange, a lightsaber in black and yellow looked really, really cool. When I was playing my Jedi Knight, I had several people (usually on Coruscant) asking me where I got it. When I explained that it was a reward for pre-ordering the game, one person said, "Aw, man, lucky you."

That was before Bioware flooded the game with color crystals in a hundred different colors and styles. Now, hardly anybody notices if you're playing with black-yellow crystals. If they do notice, they don't know what the significance of it is. They usually assume it's a Cartel Market item that was discontinued, that's all.

Which brings me to my personal story. A few years back, amid all of the excitement of the new Star Wars movies coming out, I talked a young friend of mine into trying out Star Wars : The Old Republic. She loved it, and we had a lot of fun playing it together.

At one point, early on, she asked me what was the name of those black-yellow crystals I was using and where I got them. She said that she had looked on the Cartel Market but couldn't find them. When I explained that they were a reward for pre-ordering the game back in 2011, she was really disappointed and said, "Oh, so I can't get them? At all? Darn."

I feel absolutely no satisfaction from having something that a new player wants but can't get. I felt bad for her. And I realized that if I could somehow give her the black-yellow crystals, I would have in a heartbeat. I wouldn't care that I would no longer have a special reward for pre-ordering the game.

Well, I bought some of the Cartel Market color crystals from the Galactic Trade Network and gave them to her as a gift, which she really appreciated. It made her a lot happier, but I always thought she would have liked a chance to get those black-yellow crystals.

Anyway, I don't really understand players who get upset because newer players are given a chance to get a previously exclusive reward item. Am I supposed to feel cool because I have a black-yellow color crystal that somebody who just joined the game doesn't have and wishes they did? I guess this is that "It's no fun being rich unless other people are poor" mentality that some people seem to have.

Now ... If Bioware made the "Founder" title available to players again, I would find that very strange. Because it would essentially render the title completely meaningless. The ENTIRE POINT of that title was that it meant that you were playing at the time when the game was first launched.

But if they did bring it back, I'd just shrug and say, "Um, okay, doesn't really make sense to me, but whatever."

The black-yellow color crystals, the Dr. Oggurobb holo trainer, the companions, and all of the other limited time rewards, on the other hand ... They're not just about what you did to get them. They also serve a function in the game that players like to have.

I would rather make a new player happy to get a cool item than see the new player unhappy that they can't get something that I happen to have.

Here is my view on it.

The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt HOLO trainer is an item that has a similar one via the CM. It is not story or in-game content that has an effect on the story.

HK-55 chapter is. Story content should never be locked behind a sub reward. Items are different matter, pre-order items at that and therefore same does not apply to them.

Again that's just my opinion.

While I would love to see them re-release some of the sub reward items, even if they're high-cost CC items. I get leaving them exclusive too. There are some things I wish I hadn't missed out on, but I'm not upset that I missed them and while I'd like the items, I'm not screeching that they must be added.

Any story unlocks such as HK-55 should not be kept exclusive since it is story content and adds onto what we had for the shroud storyline. This said as a subscriber that has this 'bonus'. Our bonus was that we were able to play this long before other new players coming in will get to and we have two companions out of the story, not just one.

Here's what they could do to make both crowds happy. Grant those of us that have items with multiple versions (the black/yellow crystals which have a vendor upgrade that costs credits) the ability to reclaim any 'upgrades' at no cost, just like any new CM versions and let us unlock the CM versions for free, and grant an extra achievement for the pre-order. If there are no upgraded versions of an item (the hutt statue), give an achievement that's a feat of strength for having them prior to the CM release.

Let everyone else purchase these items from the CM. Yea, it removes some of having those items 'exclusive' to a subscriber/preorder, but it also makes it so that as we hit attrition with older players moving on and newer players coming in, it spreads the excitement of being able to see these older designed items actually used in game.

As for things like the collector's edition. Let people purchase a digital collector's edition (yes, I mean letting you unlock the shiny vendor too, not just having you unlock the speeder and ring to go up top).

I own the collector's edition, it's pixels, I love that I have access to the vendor and I don't want anything removed, but I would love for more people that would use the items from that vendor to have access to it as well. Sure, put a high cost on the digital upgrade to true collector's edition $50 or $100 (there's no statue in a digital upgrade you know) whatever you'd like. Make it a digital upgrade that has to be purchased through cash and not cc on site since it was an extra cash 'add on' to the game. I'd happy with that.

You designed the content, the players should be able to enjoy it and have access to be able to enjoy the content. Looks or story doesn't matter too much to me.

Edit: So far it is ONE sub reward that has been re-added, and that one is connected to a chapter of story, when it was released many of us expected a re-release and that our access was more of a 'early access' thing.

Edited by Manathayria

• 1 year later...
Please add to Galactic Seasons Jaleit Nall Rotational Vendor. Makes sense as we are getting past rewards here.

Sort of. In this particular case, the thing sought is a pre-order reward rather than a "be a subscriber" or "play this event this far" reward. That isn't necessarily a reason to exclude it, but it does make the "there are other past rewards there, put this one there because it's also a past reward" argument weaker.

Please add to Galactic Seasons Jaleit Nall Rotational Vendor. Makes sense as we are getting past rewards here.

As I said above, as an owner of the Dr Oggi laughing Hutt trainer extraordinare holo statue I would have no problem with the item being brought back, but due to its status as a pre-purchase item it is unlikely that it would be added to the GS vendor. During Life Day you can get the Senya trainer holo statue for 1 credit, which is functionally identical to the Dr Oggi laughing statute, sans a cute Senya laugh. You can then unlock the Senya statue in your Collections for your account.

As I said above, as an owner of the Dr Oggi laughing Hutt trainer extraordinare holo statue I would have no problem with the item being brought back, but due to its status as a pre-purchase item it is unlikely that it would be added to the GS vendor. During Life Day you can get the Senya trainer holo statue for 1 credit, which is functionally identical to the Dr Oggi laughing statute, sans a cute Senya laugh. You can then unlock the Senya statue in your Collections for your account.

And also the Satele Shan and Darth Malgus holotrainers (not unlockable, sadly) that can be bought for Cartel Market Certificates from a vendor in the Cartel Bazaar part of the Fleet, especially now that we have a reliable (if low-frequency) source of CMCs.

I already have Dr. Oggurobb Hutt holo trainer, and agree: just put it on the seasons vendor +1

except as was already pointed out, it was a pre order, not a standard sub award, nor an in game earned award. If they bring that back, they'll have to bring back all the other stuff too, like collectors edition items, pre order crystals, etc.

except as was already pointed out, it was a pre order, not a standard sub award, nor an in game earned award. If they bring that back, they'll have to bring back all the other stuff too, like collectors edition items, pre order crystals, etc.

I have all of the preorder stuff, and all of the stuff on the GS vendors, and I would be fine with other people being able to obtain them. I never really liked the FOMO created by these types of initiatives. They are just pixels.

I have all of the preorder stuff, and all of the stuff on the GS vendors, and I would be fine with other people being able to obtain them. I never really liked the FOMO created by these types of initiatives. They are just pixels.

You may be ok with it, but for every person who's ok with it, how many aren't. That's the problem with promotions like this, it goes in to a grey area if they try to bring them back, maybe not legal, but it can, and sometimes does look bad on companies, that do it. TBH, I don't care myself, don't think BW/EA care either. /shrug

• 2 months later...