Swtor Maps are huge!

Reeny

The planets and flashpoint maps in swtor are simply huge!

Especially when compared to WoW.

I've never played Wow, so I can't compare :) But yup, they are great, unless you don't have a mount, then it's a lot of running around, but thankfully these days we get mounts at level 10 (1 if you buy the legacy perk) :)

Obligatory “I remember when you didn’t even get Sprint until lvl 10” post. Everything was so slow at launch.

Once in a while I'll be zipping through Tatooine on my speeder, doing that last planetary mission and see others doing the same but on foot.

Not sure I'd have had the patience to play the game as many times as I have with that limitation. I don't remember speeders being locked for non-subscribers though.

Huge yes, but not perfected into the last detail.

As for me I loved to run around the starter planets since those are much smaller and they have great details! The larger the map becomes the less detailed it is. If you look at Tython or Hutta you see that they really hand-done the whole thing, but when you are on Tatooine you see the repetitive textures and the boring areas. After you play the game long enough you will recognize the same models of buildings, walls, tree that keep on being used all around the game.

So from my point of view the smaller areas are the best. There are indeed great environment ideas like the forrests on Voss, snowy Ilum, some levels of KOTET and KOTFE etc.

Obligatory “I remember when you didn’t even get Sprint until lvl 10” post. Everything was so slow at launch.

Or when you needed to actually find the speeder station to unlock it in fast travel *Alderaan war-flashbacks*

I love the big planets, like Alderaan, Tatooine, Hoth, and Belsavis, and wish they'd make more new planets like those. But huge compared to WoW, where maps are made artificially large so that they still feel big when flying along at 300% mount speed? The flashpoints maybe, but not the planets. They just feel bigger because we're on the ground and comparatively slow.

Huge yes, but not perfected into the last detail.

As for me I loved to run around the starter planets since those are much smaller and they have great details! The larger the map becomes the less detailed it is. If you look at Tython or Hutta you see that they really hand-done the whole thing, but when you are on Tatooine you see the repetitive textures and the boring areas. After you play the game long enough you will recognize the same models of buildings, walls, tree that keep on being used all around the game.

So from my point of view the smaller areas are the best. There are indeed great environment ideas like the forrests on Voss, snowy Ilum, some levels of KOTET and KOTFE etc.

Hutta, Ord Mantell, Korriban and Tython are the best!

Some are such as Voss but others such as Korrian not so much. Personally I would like new areas on each planet. After all it's a planet and most could easily have new areas opened up. I would most of all like a new heroic area on Tython. As a starter world this has only one. Hutta has four. So a new areas would be nice. Sure not everyone will want new areas I guess compared to new planets I get that. I still think all four starter planets should have an equal number of heroics.

Like DarkTergon I too have never played WoW so also cannot compare them. I always got the impression WoW was huge when it came to open play areas, guess I was wrong.