Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

They must be truly confident about the influx of new players that will come with F2P, because they're screwing many oceanic players over this and will lose them completely.

My understanding of F2P, this won't really help people post level 50. There seems to be a lot of restrictions around what F3P players can do, and most of those seem to be endgame stuff. I could be wrong of course, but I've not heard anything from Bioware to suggest otherwise. Mind you I've not heard anything from Bioware to suggest they're actually alive and breathing over there......

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding of F2P, this won't really help people post level 50. There seems to be a lot of restrictions around what F3P players can do, and most of those seem to be endgame stuff. I could be wrong of course, but I've not heard anything from Bioware to suggest otherwise. Mind you I've not heard anything from Bioware to suggest they're actually alive and breathing over there......

EA: "Blah blah we don't care about those APAC noobs, we're still getting all this cash wub wub and they can leave we don't care we're getting more peeps with F2P and we're gonna get their munnies."

It seems like they left it too late. 10:30am AEDST on a Sunday and theres 6 people on the Imp fleet on Master Dar'Nala.

For PvE there's nothing to do but level alts and PvP 95% of the week. Not even worth running TFB HM now because we learned most of the good mods and enhancements, its more time efficient to run HM Denova and RE everything for mats than run TFB to get horribly itemised gear you don't want anyway. But there's no point, nobody wants to get geared to run.... Nightmare Denova... Farmed that place for 3 months straight, nobody wants to see inside that buggy pile of crap again.

Everyone is hanging to get the HK droid but lets face it, everyone will have it 72 hours after its released and be bored again.

PvP is just the same people over and over again. No real rated to speak of, theres no need to do it anyway. They should have made the new mainhands require a rank just to get people playing.

Whoever it is at Bioware/EA managing this game you have successfully killed it by basically not doing anything. You should have merged Oceanic when you merged everyone else but as it is now even if you do merge them you'll only save it for a few weeks. There really is nothing to do worth doing.

Terminus - Master Dar'Nala

4:30pm on Sunday Afternoon

Queue'd for FP on Tank. No instant pop.

Queue'd for FP on Healer. No instant pop.

Queue'd for FP on DPS. No instant pop.

Seriously. There isn't enough people to fill a flashpoint at 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon.

How much more time do you need to evaluate this Bioware?

WE NEED SOMETHING DONE NOW

Yeah i logged into Dalborra a few times today, both morning and arvo had less than 30 people. Only at 8pm has republic got over 70 while imps are at 120+. Of course 50pvp is still bugged so after 2 empty huttball matches i was done. Go watch some tv i spose.

I have stopped doing lvl 50 GF FP's because I have no idea whether I will be able to find a group in less than an hour. Have yo be online at absolute peak time for any chance for group content.

Was online on Friday afternoon leveling and there was 2 people on Belsavis; Belsaivs is both quite a large planet and a daily hub and there were 2 people...

**** it, cant be bothered to play even though I like the game. meh. I believe the time to move on is critically near, pending Bioware taking an action sometime next week.

This is the first time since launch, that I have not played this game over the weekend (excluding the couple of months I had to unsub due to personal commitments).

Sad to say, but seems Ill be bidding farewell to this game and the awesome folk at Master D.

The situation on the APAC servers is CRITICAL.

Please BIOWARE place this issue higher in your priorites. An announcement must be made with regards to this. The players have spoken, the paying customers have spoken!

Give us a fair go.

Chippy

Already sizing up pandaland thanks to barrages from my (ex-swtor) friends.

No point paying to level up the last 4 alts when i'll be able to do it for free in a few weeks.

Hey all totally agree with this thread tried to make a well Petition thread today especially since 1.4 the pop is dieing fast on all servers with bugged 50 pvp not being fixed on Dalborra and the Gav being a ghost town... me and most of my guild "reverence" wanted to get a transfer instead of re-rolling to Harbinger but thread was closed in less then 12 hours basically..

I for one that has a lvl 50 legacy half a dozen 50s in full endgame gear with a few alts still lvling am tired of playing a MMO solo... might as well just have made KoToR 3-4-5-6-7 instead if that is the case...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546010

Hey all totally agree with this thread tried to make a well Petition thread today especially since 1.4 the pop is dieing fast on all servers with bugged 50 pvp not being fixed on Dalborra and the Gav being a ghost town... me and most of my guild "reverence" wanted to get a transfer instead of re-rolling to Harbinger but thread was closed in less then 12 hours basically..

I for one that has a lvl 50 legacy half a dozen 50s in full endgame gear with a few alts still lvling am tired of playing a MMO solo... might as well just have made KoToR 3-4-5-6-7 instead if that is the case...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546010

I actually played on Prophecy of the Five earlier today. 320 ping, but the PvP pops were well worth it!

I actually played on Prophecy of the Five earlier today. 320 ping, but the PvP pops were well worth it!

not to mention server stability. I wasn't on Pot5 but I was on Begeren Colony and only peaked at 300 on ADSL (not ADSL 2) where as I peak at about 7000 on Gav Daragon. The APAC server providers are **** and need to be shaken up a little to provide stable servers.

Edited by Jarlgon

So .... I caved and kinda re subbed ......

Kinda really like the game ....... found some stuff to do but yea, as mentioned before its with the same people over and over, the 'die hards' if you will.

It would be so sad to see all the hard work and hours upon hours of game play and time go to waste ........

Six lvl 50's and legacy 50 down the drain if bioware don't do something ..... not to mention the guild, the mates, the laughs, the fun times .......

Its been long enough Joveth ......... come on mate, its about time don't you think ?

Well, I've been waiting patiently for Gav D to come back to life. It is great having Oceanic servers but at the moment the game cannot be played as it was meant to be. I have re-rolled a toon on The Harbinger. 145 players on Korriban and 275 on the fleet. Finding a group for heroics was pretty much instantaneous. I love this game when the population is high enough to make it a true MMO. When the population problems plaguing the Oceanic servers are remedied I will certainly come back...but in the meantime will not keep wasting my gaming time in an empty server. Edited by Bottcobco
Spelling error

Thank you EA/Bioware

Your lack of action on this issue, and inability to make rudimentary management decisions has made the situation worse and lost you customers.

I was a proponent of this game, but with the current management I'm sure that what is now an OK game will continue to get worse, so I will tell my friends who have left not to bother coming back, and anyone who asks not to waste their time or money on this failed project. You have ignored a significant portion of your customer base for whatever ridiculous plans you have for getting non paying customers. Please send your business degrees back to whatever shady online university/cereal manufacturer you got them from, as you have shown us you don't deserve them.

Edited by Evgen

Back to the top with you

In its current state the the pvp server is broken and unplayable

Transfers mergers are needed ASAP before f2p goes live otherwise any new players joining these servers

Will drop this game and not look back Why implement local servers if you're unable or unwilling to address major issues affecting them Like population

I think the majority of players would prefer to have a higher pop server than a server ‘type’. Because lets face it, with the worlds being apart like they are in SWTOR the world PVP is quite non existent.

At the very least, open up server transfers so we can decide for ourselves. Personally I’m going straight back to an American server… They’re FUN! Always busy. But I’ve dumped so much time into toons on the APAC servers that I don’t want to just ditch them…

So .... I caved and kinda re subbed ......

Kinda really like the game ....... found some stuff to do but yea, as mentioned before its with the same people over and over, the 'die hards' if you will.

It would be so sad to see all the hard work and hours upon hours of game play and time go to waste ........

Six lvl 50's and legacy 50 down the drain if bioware don't do something ..... not to mention the guild, the mates, the laughs, the fun times .......

Its been long enough Joveth ......... come on mate, its about time don't you think ?

This is the one Part that really frustrates me. Losing Players from guilds that you have built up a friendship with, had a blast playing the game, which apart from bugs, is great, only to see it all go down the drain because Bioware doesn't care at all about the APAC community. What, are we to you Bioware? Just a cash flow to use up and toss aside at your leisure?

I think the majority of players would prefer to have a higher pop server than a server ‘type’. Because lets face it, with the worlds being apart like they are in SWTOR the world PVP is quite non existent.

At the very least, open up server transfers so we can decide for ourselves. Personally I’m going straight back to an American server… They’re FUN! Always busy. But I’ve dumped so much time into toons on the APAC servers that I don’t want to just ditch them…

i think there shouldn't have APAC server at beginning,

server dead at that time when u transferred out,

and now u r suffering the consequence,

maybe u should transfer back or reroll.

i think there shouldn't have APAC server at beginning,

server dead at that time when u transferred out,

and now u r suffering the consequence,

maybe u should transfer back or reroll.

Wow i think everything you wrote there was wrong...

1) Why? Just because we don't live in the US we don't deserve good latency? We pay the same subscription fee as you guys. If there are enough players for even 1 healthy server (of which i believe there will be if the servers are merged; especially with FTP) then i think we deserve one

2) APAC servers were not dead at the beginning when we transferred - they had queues actually. They began to suffer due to MoP and GW2 release as with every other SWTOR server. The difference is that the US servers got merged to compensate for this yet the APAC ones did not. Hence the inequality and subsequent uproar

3) We have to suffer the consequences for being sensible/logical and transferring from an off-shore server with crap latency and different server times to ones in the region we actually live in?

4) You cannot transfer - there is no option as of yet to do so. To re-roll would mean months of wasted gameplay and for most, such a huge time investment for a crappier latency is simply not worth it. Most would rather play a different game all together

/rage off

Sorry i'm just in an angry mood and the lack of progress here is not helping.

On a similar note (/rage on), remember to nominate this thread for the Community Round-Up this week. If they ignore us this week then we will have to keep posting next week. Keep applying the pressure :rak_01:

Edited by laz_AU

Wow i think everything you wrote there was wrong...

1) Why? Just because we don't live in the US we don't deserve good latency? We pay the same subscription fee as you guys. If there are enough players for even 1 healthy server (of which i believe there will be if the servers are merged; especially with FTP) then i think we deserve one

2) APAC servers were not dead at the beginning when we transferred - they had queues actually. They began to suffer due to MoP and GW2 release as with every other SWTOR server. The difference is that the US servers got merged to compensate for this yet the APAC ones did not. Hence the inequality and subsequent uproar

3) We have to suffer the consequences for being sensible/logical and transferring from an off-shore server with crap latency and different server times to ones in the region we actually live in?

4) You cannot transfer - there is no option as of yet to do so. To re-roll would mean months of wasted gameplay and for most, such a huge time investment for a crappier latency is simply not worth it. Most would rather play a different game all together

/rage off

Sorry i'm just in an angry mood and the lack of progress here is not helping.

On a similar note (/rage on), remember to nominate this thread for the Community Round-Up this week. If they ignore us this week then we will have to keep posting next week. Keep applying the pressure :rak_01:

I agree with you 100%. I wish Players from other timezones and from different servers would either mind thier own business or offer practical suggestions to the current issue. I'm sorry if that sounds rude but 1) You don't have to put up with the server situation we do so don't fully understand the issues at hand. 2) Bioware is not ignoring the other Zones. You guys got server merges and high pop servers. We didn't.

And for those players that are in other timezones, Before you start posting, actually stop and think about what is going on. To summarize what we, the APAC community is upset over, is: Server populations started shrinking, we posted on forums, Bioware responded with "we are looking into it, and will have a response in a few days"........then Nothing....for Months. We are a little pissed off for being Ignored, not because we have low population. that's just annoying and we understand why that has happened. We want Bioware to look into ways to help sort that issue out. Not just be silent on the issue.

If you want to offer suggestion: Please do. We welcome them. Just don't flame us for something you don't seem to understand.

Sidenote: I know the APAC faces other issues as well, but I'm not going to list everything.