Nathema, the emperor, and how to kill the bastard. [SPOILER ALERT]

Matteone

WARNING: This thread is meant only for those who have read the book REVAN by Drew Karpshyan. Anyone else will be thinking :confused::confused::confused::confused: So go buy and read the book, then come back here. Ok? Ok.

So I recently finished the book, and I've been wondering a few things. First, will we get to go to Nathema in the game? Particularly as a Jedi Warrior? I mean, I know obviously, there would be only one reason for the guys at bioware to add that in there, and that would be to give people nightmares.:D I mean, it was intensely disturbing enough to even READ the DESCRIPTION in the BOOK. To actually go there in the game... well let's just say more than one player would be going to counseling, and not for MMORPG addiction.:rak_grin:

The second thing I'm wondering is about, you guessed it, the most powerful and evil sith of all time. The barvy, screwy, eat-everything-in-the-galaxy-including-the-force, egg-breaking, oath-breaking motherf@%$ing emperor. By far the most powerful and evil being in the Star Wars universe aside from Abeloth. (Heck, I'd hire that life-sucking, tentacly ***** to absorb him any day. Let the old bastard get a dose of his own medicine!:p) How do we possibly kill him? Who in the galaxy (besides Abeloth) is capable of killing him? He's like the Galbatorix of Star Wars. Maybe Jacen could've beaten him, (he killed Supreme Overlord Onimi after all) but he won't be around for another 4000 years, so who's powerful enough to kill him? What do you think? What do you think about Nathema being in the game, and who could kill Tenebrae and how?:confused:

Edited by Matteone

There are several names in this post which I don't recognize, but I think I can answer the questions even if I can't fully understand the context.

1. No, you can not go to it.

2. The JK is apparently destined to defeat the Emperor. At the present moment, there are only two(really should be three but they gloss over Kira for soem reason) people who can even fight against the Emperor without being turned into his minion. Revan however is currrently in the grey space between death and being brought for future stories, so the galaxy's only hope is the JK....or an army of droids because they are immune to the Emperor's evil aura attack.

• 4 weeks later...

Nathema is supposed to be a [bOLD]completely[/bOLD] dead world, even to the point of being a dead spot in the Force. I have my doubts that the gravity of that desolation can be effectively conveyed in a game. Being lifeless as it is, I'm stretched to imagine anything worth doing there other than making it a tourist stop. Please, no zombies!

At best, the player can go investigate/explore under the classic conflict of "man versus nature". Or maybe the Enperor actually bothered to set up a blockade after the last few visitors.

at the end of the book, it says that Revan was getting into the emperor's mind, getting him to delay the invasion of the republic for as long as possible, so since the basis of the game is that Revan failed to put it off indefinitely, would I be right in thinking that something happened to Revan? Maybe he escaped and the emperor invaded the republic because he thought Revan would flee there? maybe Revan finally died or lost it, maybe he's been turned to the dark side again? who knows? anyone else got any exciting speculations? I'd love to hear them :)

at the end of the book, it says that Revan was getting into the emperor's mind, getting him to delay the invasion of the republic for as long as possible, so since the basis of the game is that Revan failed to put it off indefinitely, would I be right in thinking that something happened to Revan? Maybe he escaped and the emperor invaded the republic because he thought Revan would flee there? maybe Revan finally died or lost it, maybe he's been turned to the dark side again? who knows? anyone else got any exciting speculations? I'd love to hear them :)

Play Empire and

do the Foundry.