New Augment

Evelyn_Phoenix

I love SWTOR but I really dislike the decision to put this augment into the game. It requires me to play both ranked pvp and hard mode pve, just for the chance at getting a couple of the mats I need to get 1 of 14 augments. The current augments were already cost-prohibitive for a lot of players, and now this makes it worse. I can't imagine how much the new augments will cost. . . 50m each??

I'd love if the requirements were changed so people can do either pve OR pvp, and made it more accessible and maybe available via MMFP or something for those who don't have a hardcore raiding guild.

I love SWTOR but I really dislike the decision to put this augment into the game. It requires me to play both ranked pvp and hard mode pve, just for the chance at getting a couple of the mats I need to get 1 of 14 augments. The current augments were already cost-prohibitive for a lot of players, and now this makes it worse. I can't imagine how much the new augments will cost. . . 50m each??

I'd love if the requirements were changed so people can do either pve OR pvp, and made it more accessible and maybe available via MMFP or something for those who don't have a hardcore raiding guild.

people are already selling 1 mat at 100 million...lol. No idea if anyone has been stupid enough to buy it, but keep your eyes on PVP, you'll find out soon enough there...lol

Just ignore them. That's my advice. But I guess you may be a PvP'er and if you feel that you're at a disadvantage compared to others who do have them, you may be right and you have my sympathies.

And it's not Hard Mode PvE but actually Nightmare Mode.

You don't need those augments, even for NiM. Only "maybe" reason could be ranked pvp and that's it. You can do all MM fp in 270 gear. I think they just wasted the little time and money they have making those augments and I don't intend to waste time and money getting them. I am just selling all the mats I get. Edited by Eriamea

Just ignore them. That's my advice. But I guess you may be a PvP'er and if you feel that you're at a disadvantage compared to others who do have them, you may be right and you have my sympathies.

And it's not Hard Mode PvE but actually Nightmare Mode.

Unfortunately all it take are a couple of pvp'rs to get them, and start dominating, and you'll have a rush on them, especially ranked.

So...even the description is wrong. The mat says "from master operations", so is that master mode FPs? I know the answer is no, but just stating the problem there. I have never tried to do a NiM operation, and getting in a group as a beginner (noob) isn't going to happen. Also, if BW wanted to really make it super 'elite" status (play on their 1337 name) items, why the minimal stat improvement?

Yes, some elite PvE group is going to start farming the easiest NiM Op and flood the market with mats or the augment, but BW has caused all of this fluff and stress for 2-4% gain..lmao

It's just another credit sink.

Wrong - its a time sink. The only way credits come into play is if and when player A sells the mats or augments to player B, which just moves credits around, it does not remove credits from the game.

A credit sink would be vendors in game selling the new mats or augments for credits.

Edited by DawnAskham

Wrong - its a time sink. The only way credits come into play is if and when player A sells the mats or augments to player B, which just moves credits around, it does not remove credits from the game.

A credit sink would be vendors in game selling the new mats or augments for credits.

Selling them via the GTN will charge the usual commission and therefore credits are taken out of the game. Therefore it is also a credit sink. However, I'm not so sure it'll be a very successful one considering how few people can or want to buy them.

So...even the description is wrong. The mat says "from master operations", so is that master mode FPs? I know the answer is no, but just stating the problem there.

How is the description wrong? Nim mode isn’t technically a thing now and hasn’t been for a while. It’s now called Master mode. That’s why it says master operations and not master mode flashpoints

Edited by CrazyScruffy

So...even the description is wrong. The mat says "from master operations", so is that master mode FPs? I know the answer is no, but just stating the problem there. I have never tried to do a NiM operation, and getting in a group as a beginner (noob) isn't going to happen. Also, if BW wanted to really make it super 'elite" status (play on their 1337 name) items, why the minimal stat improvement?

Yes, some elite PvE group is going to start farming the easiest NiM Op and flood the market with mats or the augment, but BW has caused all of this fluff and stress for 2-4% gain..lmao

You are not well-informed. Operations are raids. Flash Points are not Operations. So the misunderstanding is yours.

people are already selling 1 mat at 100 million...lol. No idea if anyone has been stupid enough to buy it, but keep your eyes on PVP, you'll find out soon enough there...lol

And the next day they are already down to just over 30M on my server (DM). That's still too much but it's a massive drop for something new on day 2.

And the next day they are already down to just over 30M on my server (DM). That's still too much but it's a massive drop for something new on day 2.

YUP !!

Once the dust settles a bit more the price will drop. It will still be quite high ... but not stupid expensive. Hmmm ... maybe ... maybe not.

Just the same:

If ya want them .. go get 'em. If not ... then don't.

The "need" for them will be more pronounced in PvP than in PvE.

The overall "necessity" ... IMO is pretty much subjective (depending entirely upon the individual and how BiS affects them and their view on playing the game).

I do wish that we had seem more content and interactions with companions ahead of this part of the game (personal opinion).

We're now looking at a serious content drought ... again !

That said ... that does NOT take away from how these new components will fit into the overall scheme of things.

Just my $.02 for today! (If it's worth that much)

hopefully it means people are being sensible, and not wasting their creds...lol

Well there does seem to be a consensus in the PvE community that these augments are not for them and not worth the trouble. So that makes it socially acceptable to not go for BiS gear in this particular case, even among the raiders.

Someone said in fleet chat, that these new mats will be down to 1M each pretty soon. But that's still 21M per augment and so that's still too much. The thing is that people don't think about the math but 21M x 14 augments = 294M credits for one character.

I suspect it can be half of that if you do the crafting yourself since there will be a chance of crits on both the cybertech mat and the augments themselves but that still sets you back about 150M credits for one character. And remember that's if the mats hit 1M credits each.

I feel for the PvP'ers because they will feel a much stronger need to get these. PvE content doesn't change with this, but PvP enemies do change when they have these augments.

Edited by Tsillah

Ranked and Nightmare Ops are the only player groups that really need them and even the Ops players do not really need it. I am just going to ignore it since I am not in either of those groups and even though I have the credits to buy the mats, there is simply little to no gain in buying it. Save your money it is a feature aimed solely at the 1% of the game doing the top content.

Ranked and Nightmare Ops are the only player groups that really need them and even the Ops players do not really need it. I am just going to ignore it since I am not in either of those groups and even though I have the credits to buy the mats, there is simply little to no gain in buying it. Save your money it is a feature aimed solely at the 1% of the game doing the top content.

True ... for the time being.

That said: It's next to impossible to predict future possibilities and plans for the new augment. By the time new "features" or "zones" are released they might come in handy. By then I'm certain that the "cost" will have dropped to where the other "new" augments are at.

Time will tell.