Why do Agent, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler get less love as far as major events?

Dawgtide

Why do the bounty hunter, imperial agent and smuggler not have many big targets where they actually save the planet?

I mean look at other characters:

LS

(5) Jedi Knight - Belsavis (Killed Lord Krannus and saved a planet being blown up), Voss (Stopped Sel Makor and his Gormak Guardian, Killed Lord Fulminaas and stopped the madness plague), Nar Shadaa (Destroys Imp Lab and Lord Sadic to save campaign), Alderaan (Kills Killik leaders ending their threat and stops Death Mark project saving Organa leaders), Hoth (Knock back Empire threat toward Aurek base and Kill a White Maw Leader hurting the White Maw along with Smuggler below)

(5) Jedi Consular - Balmorra (Killed Darth Lacris empire leader), Alderaan (stops the fight with Ulgo and Organa and has the peace talks), Taris (Stops Lord Tykan and saved a planet from being blown up), Quesh (Saves Attis Station), Corellia (Saves Selonians, Labor factories and takes back Empire bases to save the planet with the Smuggler and Trooper below)

(4) Trooper - Tatooine (Saved Anchorhead from being bombed by the Imps and kills Geonotian Leaders), Voss (Kills Lord Torius and again gets a bomb that could blow up Voss), Coruscant (Clears the Imp Base of Operations and saves Coruscant), Corellia (Captures/Kills leader of Empire General Rakton)

(2 at Best) Smuggler - Hoth (Kills two pirate leaders and ends White Maw threat if they take it over), Corellia (Stops Voidwolf and the airstrikes that would have decimated the city and he/she turns the tide of the war)

DS

(6) Sith Warrior - Voss (Kills Gormak Chieftans and Warmaster ending their threat and finds out for the Voss that Sel Makor can be stopped), Dromund Kaas (Kills slave leaders and Lord Grathan (in a sense) ending their threats), Alderaan (Can stop Ulgo from attacking Organa if they want to help with planetary war), Taris (Stamps out the Republic Generals), Balmorra (Stopped resistance movement against Empire along with Agent below), Quesh (Breaks Treaty of Coruscant)

(4) Sith Inquisitor - Tatooine (Wipes out Exchange leaders and their threat), Alderaan (Can stop Organa's attack on Thul and part of planetary war if he/she wants), Taris (Cleanses the Jedi Sanctuary and their threat to help Warrior above take over planet), Corellia (Saves fuel refineries to save occupation and captures a couple of bases to help the Empire hold the planet at that time)

(2 at best) Imperial Agent - Balmorra (Stopped terrorist network to help keep occupation at the time), Belsavis (Liberates the Republic/Eagle Network facility and finds the Scorpio Project and I would bet freed Dread Masters)

(3 at best) Bounty Hunter - Hoth (Killed several White Maw leaders as targets hurting the White Maw badly), Nar Shadaa (Captures/Kills Eidolon for the Hutts and Blows up science facilities that provide munitions to the Republic), Corellia (Jun Seros to hurt the Jedi Order and then off world the Supreme Chancellor leading to Saresh entering)

That is it really as far as shining moment in the galactic war. There is no doubt the force users save the day the most. I guess the Trooper is thrown in due to planetary wars, but why not the agent if this is the case?

Do you think this was the developers planning for the others just to be larger heroes or just chance that no better ideas could be worked up in the original stories?

Edited by Dawgtide

The BH and Agent get a lot of major-event love at the end of their class stories.

The BH gets to assassinate or topple the high chancellor, and thus opens the path for Saresh.

The Agent gets to stop the puppeteers directing the war, and thwarts their plan to eradicate all force users.

Both leave a bit of a bitter taste though. Without a hard liner like Saresh in power, the empire may have recovered from Malgus' betrayal, and the Agent may actually come to agree with the Star Cabal.

Overall, these two events had a higher impact on the galaxy as a whole than the Knight killing the emperor's voice. The Warrior freeing the emperor from his containment on Voss may be on the same level, but if the warrior had died in that cave on Quesh, Revan would have eventually come to Voss to "kill" the Emperor.

The other classes just did their job or were too busy with their own petty problems to even notice there's a war.

Edited by Mubrak

The BH and Agent get a lot of major-event love at the end of their class stories.

The BH gets to assassinate or topple the high chancellor, and thus opens the path for Saresh.

The Agent gets to stop the puppeteers directing the war, and thwarts their plan to eradicate all force users.

Both leave a bit of a bitter taste though. Without a hard liner like Saresh in power, the empire may have recovered from Malgus' betrayal, and the Agent may actually come to agree with the Star Cabal.

Overall, these two events had a higher impact on the galaxy as a whole than the Knight killing the emperor's voice. The Warrior freeing the emperor from his containment on Voss may be on the same level, but if the warrior had died in that cave on Quesh, Revan would have eventually come to Voss to "kill" the Emperor.

The other classes just did their job or were too busy with their own petty problems to even notice there's a war.

Yes, I meant to add the Hunter killing Jun Seros and the Grand Chancellor. I agree that was a big target. And yes, the agent and bounty hunter have a big impact on the large scale war. I just wonder why there is no more even split on the planet stories, which may or may not really matter to others.

Consular's whole thing was amassing an army to fight the Empire.

To the OP, I think some of the things that are forgotten, is the Smuggler and Hunter aren't about making those big waves. They're about profit and being the best at what they are.

Agent, it's whole story is about being screwed over. :p And out of all those screwing you over, only the SIS are really forgivable. You are the enemy and you'd do the same. :p But the others, they're supposed to be on your side. You're so good at your job, the leaders say "What? Put you in charge? You're not a Sith! hahaha"

Bounty Hunter and Smuggler: The class stories by their very nature aren't too mired in galactic politics. Smuggler and BH are both "for the money" free agents who occasionally take jobs from the Republic/Empire, collect their paycheck, then go spend it on new weaons/armor or the local cantina. I'd be surprised if they did have super story-relevant tasks.

Agent: Um... did we play the same storyline? The third chapter has you discover

the true "man behind the man" behind the Republic/Empire War, uncover an ancient conspiracy to trick both the Republic and Empire into wiping each other out (specifically the Jedi and Sith, since this organization hates Force-users being in charge), and using the current Republic/Empire War as a front to do so.

I have to admit I completed the Agent's storyline first, and in the third chapter I've had a hard time taking Corellia seriously with other classes since I now know those classes are merely taking a side in the war, while the Agent discovers the true manipulators behind the war, flushes them out, and stops them from continuing to manipulate the Republic and Empire into wiping each other out in a catastrophic clash on both sides. (If it wasn't for the Agent, the Star Cabal probably would have arranged for both Republic and Empire to seriously devastate each other before Revan or the Eternal Empire even turned up...)

Edited by TwilekTrekker

Why do the bounty hunter, imperial agent and smuggler not have many big targets where they actually save the planet?

To difersify stories somewhat, I'd say. Not everyone likes pompous, over-the-top Mary Sue power fantasies such as Jedi Knight story, preferring "Nature of a man" personal evolution themes instead.

To difersify stories somewhat, I'd say. Not everyone likes pompous, over-the-top Mary Sue power fantasies such as Jedi Knight story, preferring "Nature of a man" personal evolution themes instead.

This. I think it would be both silly and unrealistic for EVERY one of the 8 classes to always be saving the planet. It would probably get old and boring, fast.