Do I miss out on story element if I made a lvl 60 character for KOTE?

The_Lost_Bean

I currently have a lvl 44 Jedi Guardian and on Voss atm.

Been thinking about making a boosted character.

If I do, will I only be able to do the Eternal Empire story missions and nothing that came before it? Or should I just hold off on it and just keep going with my lvl 44?

And yes I'm a new player.

Characters boosted to 60 start in KotFE, and cannot do the story missions for the class, the class companions, and the Shadow of Revan content. (The SoR flashpoints are still accessible, but the story missions that link them are not.)

Characters boosted to 65 start in KotET, and cannot do the above, nor can they *play* KotFE chapters. They can *replay* KotFE chapters, however.

Do Shadow of Revan at least once, including *all* of Ziost, for a bunch of back-story for KotFE. The meatbag bickering during chapters IV, V, VI, VII, and VIII will make more sense.

The story missions on Ilum, Makeb, Oricon, Black Hole, Section X, and the like are available to all characters.

The daily missions on those places and on Rishi, Yavin IV, and "after" Ziost are available to all characters. The daily missions on "during" Ziost are not available to boosted characters because they are only available while you are doing the Ziost story missions.

Planetary arc missions, Exploration missions, miscellaneous side missions, and Heroic missions are available to all characters.

Your choices are also made for you . Like your alignement . And the crew skills are chosen for you . You also won't be able to start a romance with the characters of Kotfe if you go directly to Kotet . And you will lose on Titles that you get from playing since Level 1 .

Why in the name of all that is edible would you skip the real game to jump straight into the cesspit that is the Valkorion family soap-opera?

Seriously, don't do it. The original eight class stories are vastly superior.

Pretty much what this guy said.

TOR's development history has sadly been one of consistently cutting corners, scaling back, and providing less and less content with every 'expansion'.

The original class/faction stories from 1-50 are still by far the best content and best story in the game, I'm pretty sure the reason they hand out level boosts like candy is because they don't want you to pay attention to that, because then you might realize just how little there really is to KotFE/KotET

Why in the name of all that is edible would you skip the real game to jump straight into the cesspit that is the Valkorion family soap-opera?

I was a returning player with only a low level character from launch. I took advantage of the offer of a high level so I could do the group stuff and pvp with people. My thought was that I could go back and flesh out the character a bit here and there later. I guess I was wrong about that.

I am not really interested in playing a character that will never have companions on the ship or the cool character titles. On the other hand , I would not really be playing if I had not have the endgame pvp and group stuff to motivate me.

Seriously, don't do it. The original eight class stories are vastly superior.

Every time I tried to come back to the game I quit again because of one big problem with the class stories , each part is hours of leveling apart. The new chapters got a much more exciting pacing. The class stories might be better , but they did not give me enough xp to do the next part.

Class missions give way more xp now than they used to, and many are substantially easier.

Side quests (called Exploration Missions now) are no longer deemed necessary and are hidden by default - you need to click a thing on top of the map to make them visible.

Leveling up should be much, much quicker nowadays... so don't skip to the Valkorion family soap-opera :p

Side quests (called Exploration Missions now) are no longer deemed necessary and are hidden by default - you need to click a thing on top of the map to make them visible.

There are still some side missions called side missions. They have plain triangles rather than the starred triangles of Exploration missions, and are visible regardless of the state of the Exploration Missions checkbox.

Example: across from the entrance to the Gonthor Industries H2 on Coruscant, there are two mission-giving NPCs, Paus and Reid. Paus gives an exploration mission, and while you can see *him*, you cannot see his mission if you uncheck the box. Reid gives a plain side mission, and his mission is visible until you do it, regardless of the checkbox.

Leveling up should be much, much quicker nowadays... so don't skip to the Valkorion family soap-opera :p

That might make it easier and faster as I go back to do them , but then they added another 20 levels between character creation and end game. So there is now 70 levels to catch up before you can play with your friends or do end game pvp.

I did try the class quest today. And if I was a returning player (again) I would go with the family drama before the class quest if I wanted to get the best impression of the game. The class quest is all about traveling. It is made to be the end of map reward for every map of every planet. So you spend most of the time running or on a speeder. The chapters got good pacing and you do not have any downtime. It is a mix between action and story and not between running and story. That is more important to me than minor differences in story quality.

X

Well, if you're sure.

You can play with friends without being max level though - almost every flashpoint from Hammer Station up to Battle of Rishi is available from level 15 (for good or ill) in Tactical "Veteran" mode. Just because you're much lower level than your friends doesn't mean that you can't do those together.

If your max-level friends are doing Heroics runs on various planets for CXP, having you on the team won't impede them or you... quite the opposite in fact. Because of level-sync, their being much higher level than you won't mess up your XP gains.

If memory serves, Story Mode Ops and Master (formerly Hard Mode) flashpoints unlock at 50. In theory, a team of max-level friends can take you through such things with very few problems... in theory.

Not sure how you feel about GSF or really how that works to be honest.

It's only really pvp that you won't be able to join max-level friends in until you hit 70.

Well, if you're sure.

I am not really loosing much am I.

Got a free 65 , did the quest that was much more suited to get me hooked than the ones I had to do during my previous attempts to come back and can now do the end game just a few hours in. I still have character slots and can do the class quest on those on my own time on new characters. I would prefer to do it on same characters.

Other people my prioritize differently. I just wanted to give another perspective.

Differing perspectives can indeed be helpful.

I stand by my opinion that KotFE and KotET are pretty much garbage. Of the 25 chapters in the Valkorion family soap opera there are 3, maybe 4 that I would willingly repeat.

And yet other people enjoy it. Given that the purpose of this (and any other game) is to have fun, then as long as people are having fun without hurting each other, why should I worry which part of the game is bringing them their fun?

Differing perspectives can indeed be helpful.

I stand by my opinion that KotFE and KotET are pretty much garbage. Of the 25 chapters in the Valkorion family soap opera there are 3, maybe 4 that I would willingly repeat.

And yet other people enjoy it. Given that the purpose of this (and any other game) is to have fun, then as long as people are having fun without hurting each other, why should I worry which part of the game is bringing them their fun?

I agree, I am not a fan of much of the Valkorion storyline, though it is better playing as a Jedi Knight with the tie-in to the regular story. So since the OP is playing a Jedi Knight class, I would say to keep working through it. I would at least finish through level 50 before upgrading to a new character.

Personally, I put my Jedi Knight through everything, and I am going back and completing the other classes to completion for the original story. I am not looking forward to slogging through Makeb again for any classes, though I do need to do an Empire playthrough.