Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Parane
07.20.2019 , 07:56 AM | #121
Good thing I resubscribed today then!
Playing on: Harbinger and Red Eclipse <-- R.I.P

Bekrana
07.30.2019 , 03:09 AM | #122
Oof. Guys, I love you, and have been a sub for a few years, but...my excitement about the upcoming expansion has been dampened a bit by the "new" graphic for it on the launcher. Like, I'm reasonably sure most regular players will recognize that it is a weird, bad composite of better graphics previously seen on the launcher and load screens. It looks like really dreadful fanart. I don't mean to harp on what (I hope) is an issue that won't affect the game as a whole, just...if I had started a FTP account today (which I how I initially started) that graphic would have convinced me not to sub. Show us some nice concept art or something if your artists are overwhelmed, yeah? Or even just a screen of a landscape is preferable!

FlameYOL
07.31.2019 , 07:24 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Bekrana View Post
Oof. Guys, I love you, and have been a sub for a few years, but...my excitement about the upcoming expansion has been dampened a bit by the "new" graphic for it on the launcher. Like, I'm reasonably sure most regular players will recognize that it is a weird, bad composite of better graphics previously seen on the launcher and load screens. It looks like really dreadful fanart. I don't mean to harp on what (I hope) is an issue that won't affect the game as a whole, just...if I had started a FTP account today (which I how I initially started) that graphic would have convinced me not to sub. Show us some nice concept art or something if your artists are overwhelmed, yeah? Or even just a screen of a landscape is preferable!
I doubt it'll affect the game that negatively. And I love the new keyart, all I wish is that they had made Tau's face a bit rougher on the edges to better reflect her in-game model. But other than that its a pretty good keyart.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

BellumEstBellum
08.10.2019 , 07:55 PM | #124
Very exiting, as a long time fan and player I'm happy to see this game alive and well. My advice is to stop adding in so many new companions, and just work with what you have. Have the old companions be integral to the story, like some were in KOTFE, that way all of your player base with different mains, get some love.

mdggnz
08.12.2019 , 01:55 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Today we are happy to announce our next expansion - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught! The expansion will launch free for all subscribers this September. New planets, flashpoint, Operation, large itemization changes codenamed “The Spoils of War” and more will be featured in this expansion! You can learn all about Onslaught in our Expansion Announcement article, here.

In honor of our Celebration Cantina we are sharing with everyone a redeemable code: SWCELEBRATION19. Simply redeem that code on your account for a Celebration inspired character flair and four stronghold decorations.

What is everyone excited for?
Start of September or end? im a returning player and currently re gearing and any idea of time-frame in September would be great

Celise
08.13.2019 , 09:07 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by BellumEstBellum View Post
Very exiting, as a long time fan and player I'm happy to see this game alive and well. My advice is to stop adding in so many new companions, and just work with what you have. Have the old companions be integral to the story, like some were in KOTFE, that way all of your player base with different mains, get some love.
Unfortunately with the way the companion stories were written out in FE and ET, only a very select few are capable of filling the role of being main companions in storylines any more.

Gault and T7 are the only two that didn't get hit in some fashion in both expansions while every other companion can be refused, killed or recruited into a minor role ending their storylines there with exception to Yuun who is a required to advance and complete before the alliance alerts trigger.

So now we are left with Scourge, Kira, Theran, Gault and T7 as the only individual companions left who haven't been relegated to a 3rd rate position. I suspect Lana will become less important in this expac as Anri and Tau become more important as new companions for their storylines, more so because Lana is a Sith still and she wouldn't be welcome in a jedi temple or a republic military base and she is blackballed by the sith so that disqualifies her from the imperial military as well.

Theron has his death choice, so did Senya, Arcann and Koth, i can't see those companions going any further and i suspect they'd want to return home to help rebuild a crumbling Zakuulian civilisation and Theron would remain in the alliance being that it is the only place that is safe for him.