Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Just voicing my dissatisfaction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just voicing my dissatisfaction

Darevsool's Avatar


Darevsool
05.22.2019 , 07:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
For me it's just dead weeks cause i don't even dare to set foot in it. Complex controls, systems, etc.

I really wish we had the choice to do the PvE ones. I like those. They are simple to pick up and play. It's the first thing i played when i came back to the game cause it wasn't overwhelming in any way.
But, how people hated on those on-rails missions and wanted this X-wing/Tie fighter simulator thing out of an mmorpg. I think it was galaxies fans making the stink. Now look at it. No one likes the thing and the people who made the stink are long gone.

Maybe they can make PvE starfighter content in the future. At least it would ease people in. But the fact that there is a progression system and those starting are at a huge disavantage just means there is too high a barrier for it to ever increase in popularity.
Nah, I don't think this is the case. We're still here, the SWG JSF lovers who wanted something like that in this game.
However, as much as I would enjoy new PVE space content, it's been ignored by the Devs. Not really sure why.
Maybe the coding is different than what they're used to and don't have anyone for it. Maybe the backlash on the forums (why waste time with THAT when you can work on THIS?) or maybe because since it's on rails it's easily exploitable and therefore nothing worthwhile should ever come of it.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

Elessara's Avatar


Elessara
05.22.2019 , 04:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
You're correct, I saw it as a continuation due to the Nova Blades being involved and us having no interaction with them prior to SoR. I forgot that they did mention the level you could start participating at.

Because they would certainly frame it as something that happened pre-Corellia.. right? I'm sorry, I see your point but I highly doubt any 'story' relation this event has to the game would not be framed as something that happened any time during vanilla onward. SoR onward sounds somewhat right because we do have clear understandings of when escalation and deescalation between the two major factions were a thing. Name another point ingame where the conflicts were heating up between Imps and Pubs besides vanilla (where we've no sign of the Nova Blades) and post-Alliance. Even the end of SoR just left relations more in limbo than adversarial.
This event could happen pretty much any time during vanilla. Even with the cold war, there were still flare ups ... or "escalations" happening. It could also happen anytime after the end of vanilla to before Makeb as the war seemed to slow and this event would be seen as things heating up again. Also, any time after Makeb when the Empire got their hands on Isotope-9 and started to rebuild. After SoR things seemed to slow down again but there could still be conflicts happening as the war still hadn't ended. Now, obviously this event could not have happened right after the start of KotFE as our characters were in carbonite. But after Chapter 9? Sure. The Eternal Empire did nothing to prevent hostilities between the Republic and the Empire and as Lana explained to us during ... I think Chapter 4 ... both sides seemed to think they should attack each other than fight the Eternal Empire.

Also, just because the first time we encountered the Nova Blades was during SoR doesn't mean they didn't exist before then. We just hadn't encountered them yet.

As long as the quest NPCs don't refer to characters who haven't gone through KotFE as "Commander" or "Alliance Commander" then I see no reason why this event couldn't fit in at any point in the timeline other than KotFE Chapters 1-9.

Edit: Given the fact that the event is available for any character level 20 and up indicates the devs think it's appropriate to happen at almost any point.

DarthCasus's Avatar


DarthCasus
05.22.2019 , 10:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
This event could happen pretty much any time during vanilla. Even with the cold war, there were still flare ups ... or "escalations" happening. It could also happen anytime after the end of vanilla to before Makeb as the war seemed to slow and this event would be seen as things heating up again. Also, any time after Makeb when the Empire got their hands on Isotope-9 and started to rebuild. After SoR things seemed to slow down again but there could still be conflicts happening as the war still hadn't ended. Now, obviously this event could not have happened right after the start of KotFE as our characters were in carbonite. But after Chapter 9? Sure. The Eternal Empire did nothing to prevent hostilities between the Republic and the Empire and as Lana explained to us during ... I think Chapter 4 ... both sides seemed to think they should attack each other than fight the Eternal Empire.

Also, just because the first time we encountered the Nova Blades was during SoR doesn't mean they didn't exist before then. We just hadn't encountered them yet.

As long as the quest NPCs don't refer to characters who haven't gone through KotFE as "Commander" or "Alliance Commander" then I see no reason why this event couldn't fit in at any point in the timeline other than KotFE Chapters 1-9.

Edit: Given the fact that the event is available for any character level 20 and up indicates the devs think it's appropriate to happen at almost any point.
The event coming out now as opposed to earlier is part of why I find it implausible and to think of it as any other time requires mental gymnastics just short of reasoning why no one in the alliance tries to stab you in the neck if Arcann joins and puts the moves on you.. successfully. But if you want that rationale, have it. Either way, it's getting dropped at this point in the game's life and I'm hoping that they don't drop the ball on the rewards like they did with Iokath and Ossus (though the decos were nice).
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Ner_idia's Avatar


Ner_idia
05.22.2019 , 10:39 PM | #14
Honestly, 6.0 will make or break the game. No matter how bad it gets, there's enough people willing to keep paying because it's "Star Wars".

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
05.22.2019 , 11:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FaithMatzoll View Post
Im LOVING the GSF weekly. Love love love.
I'm too stupid for that. I have tried it a few times, but always come out with 0 kills and at most 1 medal.....
Then I prefer PvP because I'm not so useless gan.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
05.23.2019 , 12:14 AM | #16
I do not fully agree with the main post.

If you look at the game development, swtor is going the same way as all other MMOs, just slower. Yes, there was this bad direction it took under Ben Irving, but that is slowly being fixed by Keith. I believe all of the Irving mistakes will be fully fixed in 6.0 where it will all be fine again.

We have been getting new content, PVP, GSF and PVE wise. The gear system is being revised, conquest has been improved, guilds got a new system etc. The game is really being worked on and it started after Irving departure, yet it does take some time. There have also been technical fixes like Preview Window etc so we cannot say that the game is in maintanance mode. I am really looking forward to 6.0 and hope it helps to make the game more popular.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
05.23.2019 , 01:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
conquest has been improved.
PMSL

Conquest has been gutted.

My guild used to compete every week, and some of us would run many multiple toons through it just for fun.

Since it has been "improved" no one, literally no one, even bothers engaging with conquest.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Ibaesha's Avatar


Ibaesha
05.23.2019 , 02:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
Honestly, 6.0 will make or break the game. No matter how bad it gets, there's enough people willing to keep paying because it's "Star Wars".
When I look at ESO and FFXIV, knowing they are better games that I could be playing, then go, "but Star Wars." This game has touches of love all through it. It's too bad it got tossed aside like a dirty rag when it didn't 'beat WoW' year 1.

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
05.23.2019 , 08:09 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
The event coming out now as opposed to earlier is part of why I find it implausible and to think of it as any other time requires mental gymnastics just short of reasoning why no one in the alliance tries to stab you in the neck if Arcann joins and puts the moves on you.. successfully. But if you want that rationale, have it. Either way, it's getting dropped at this point in the game's life and I'm hoping that they don't drop the ball on the rewards like they did with Iokath and Ossus (though the decos were nice).
Do you also get bothered that you can kill Malgus again and again and again even when you reach the point in the story where he's alive again and working with the Empire?

There's a certain malleability to MMO timelines and the 'gamification' of them -- it really isn't that crazy to let low levels access an event, even if it makes most sense if you're caught up in the narrative.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
Honestly, 6.0 will make or break the game. No matter how bad it gets, there's enough people willing to keep paying because it's "Star Wars".
Just like 2.0. And 3.0. And 4.0. And 5.0.

Every patch, every update, every year is the one that will make or break this game.

I'm not gonna pretend it's in its best state, but the game's on an upswing, and it doesn't particularly seem like things are going to get worse.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
05.23.2019 , 08:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Realism is good, pessimism is not.
This, they've been improving on the communication and they've finally brought back the PTS. I think things can always use improvement, especially in the bugs department, but the situation isn't this dire.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything