Loot distribution bugs

I read a few posts about this already, and would like to understand what is working/not working within the different loot distribution modes. And maybe make a recap of all the current problems.

How do you process the loot in Ops?

What is not working? Master Looter? Free for All? Round-Robin?

Doesn't people on round-robin get loot that is not for his class?

What is the problem in master looter?

Or are all this issues old history and all the problems were already solved?

I read a few posts about this already, and would like to understand what is working/not working within the different loot distribution modes. And maybe make a recap of all the current problems.

How do you process the loot in Ops?

What is not working? Master Looter? Free for All? Round-Robin?

Doesn't people on round-robin get loot that is not for his class?

What is the problem in master looter?

Or are all this issues old history and all the problems were already solved?

Our guildmaster links loot, figure out who gets it. He starts loot. The person who won hits "Need" everyone else "pass"

works fine since master looter is broke.

Master Looter is broken ATM -- certain things that are SUPPOSED to drop will not if ML is on.

The way our guild does it is if 2 pieces for the same class drop, we all roll need on the first, see who won, then the remaining people roll on the next one. Pretty straight forward...nothing fancy.

I can almost guarantee we'll go to ML once it's fixed though because with the method I described, accidents and mistakes do happen.

On my alt I ran a HM EV and 3 sets of 2 Sniper Rakata pieces dropped...the other sniper won ALL of them.

Have your leader (or the one person that is to be the "master looter") be the only person that clicks on boss after it is defeated.

-Have him make sure "round robin" is on (the default)

-Have him make sure 'auto-loot' setting is turned OFF.

-Have him make sure 'area-loot' setting is turned OFF.

Now, after the boss dies, everyone else back up. If your members cant help but click the boss, make sure their 'auto-loot' and 'area-loot' is off as well.

When the leader/master-looter right-clicks the boss, he can see all of the items that was dropped. (but nothing yet goes to rolls).

At this point he can announce to the raid, or do whatever, to determine who gets what.

When he is ready, he can right-click each item (one-at-a-time), and they will go up for rolls, in the normal way (like flashpoint loot).

Have everyone else pass, but the determined winner, who will hit "need".

Once all the loot has gone out, everyone else can loot their comms/crystals.

The above method works great, and I've advocated it's use to many groups, however, it only works in hard and nightmare mode raids. Normal mode AUTO-ASSIGNS loot to operations group members. Master looter does NOT override this auto-assignment nor does the individual roll method described above. There is no roll for these items that players can see - it's done internally and includes anyone capable of using said item (and does not take into account currently equipped gear). This is not considered a bug, as auto-assignment of loot was intentionally done to combat 'ninja looting.' It can get slightly annoying when half the ops group is overgeared and the other half actually needs drops, but the ringers get assigned loot anyway; it's just something we'll have to deal with until we can turn off auto-assignment. Edited by Natarii

right, for normal raids, unless you want to announce first who got what, anyone and everyone can loot and it won't make a difference. the recipes and craft materials will be put to rolls, and only those who have loot assigned to them will be able to loot those pieces.

I'm not doing operations, but I would like to be informed just in case.

And thanks to the forum moderators in case they forward this to the respective team (apologies for the color):

Master Looter, a fundamental part of end game loot distribution, still not working after 2 months. What's the prio of this issue?

I'm not saying that this should be prio 1 because people can still play the game, but it should be at least prio 2. So much time to take care of this important issue make it look like a terrible artificial measure to try to delay guild progression nothing more. I understand that some bugs are much more difficult to solve than others (specially the hardware/network ones), but a master loot bug? Really?

I can only imagine the time that some guilds may have lost gearing up because of loot errors/problems until they figured out the best way to do it.

And to everybody that helped me understand this issue, thanks for all the replies.

Meanwhile, if one of you, more experienced players, could write some sort of loot guide of how loot is working and should be distributed in each type of operations (normal/hard/nm) that way we could request to sticky it and it would be really great for guilds that are planning to start doing them.

Edited by Hurkan