So what's the longest you've spent looking for an HK-51 component?

I had relatively good luck.

Coruscant: 20 minutes, made a group, got it strangely were I started.

Taris: 30 minutes. Our group was competing with another. The piece ended up under a wall.

Dromund kaas: I came here twice on my alts, first time I didn't know I needed the scanner. About 20 minutes, did some instance swapping though.

Hoth was the most fun (fun fact: the "ambris's fury" is the place you got HK in the beta); as soon as we got here, we found about 25 meters (sounds like everyone had this). We were competing with a Sith, and eventually his 2 friends. Eventually, the Sith marauder dug it up. We grabbed it, and then the 5 of us, I a guardian, my friend a commando, a Sith marauder, a Sith sorcerer, and a sniper, had some good old fashion open-world PvP. We won. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did everything solo as everyone in my guild already had him and there was never anyone around also looking for components.

The longest part for me was leveling a rep toon up to 15 to get the part from the temple.

In searching parts the longest was 15 min. on Hoth. Everything else I found well within 15 minutes.

7 hours, I had to make an alt republic character from level one all the way up to 12 then run/walk to a distance to get the component on jedi temple, the rest of the components took me 20-30 minutes each, tattoine took me 5 min of course. Unless your saying once I get the ability to get the component, took me 20 minutes the longest. Edited by Jonoku

Hoth: 7 hours.

Got so angry I almost unsubbed.

Wow that is bad I had 3 hours on Hoth, we had 8 people looking for it. We were trying to grid it each person take a section and go back and forth moveing a little each time and scan. What upset us, we scaned the whole area, and went back to where we started and one guy scaned the area again and it showed, we all scaned that area already, and no one else was there but us, (it was early in the morning servertime).

I mentioned this when my guild was running through doing the quest when it was first released. Anyone who waits a couple of weeks is going to have a heck of a time searching for the components. There will not be 40 other people in the area searching and calling out when it is found. For the fights you can get guildies to give you a hand, but who is going to want to spend time searching for something they do not need?

I mentioned this when my guild was running through doing the quest when it was first released. Anyone who waits a couple of weeks is going to have a heck of a time searching for the components. There will not be 40 other people in the area searching and calling out when it is found. For the fights you can get guildies to give you a hand, but who is going to want to spend time searching for something they do not need?

I did for a couple of guildies. Even pulled some guildie twinks with my lvl 50 imp (we are a rep guild and i had a lot off time some months ago =) ) through there homeplanet to the dromund kaas jedi temple

Edited by Eshmael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Around three hours on Taris. Normally I keep my cool on this game, but I was just about ready to smash my computer after that.

The rest I found within fifteen to twenty minutes. This was when HK had just been released, so there was lots of people looking.

Edited by Radzkie