Skip KotFE and KotET

LordVitalus

I was wondering if it was possible to skip the story after Ziost and start directly Jedi under Siege or Onslaught, and how to do it.

At Level 70+ go to your ship's mission console and take the mission Inflection Point to start Jedi Under Siege. It's not currently possible to jump directly to Onslaught.

Parts of the preceding story that you haven't done will be "defaulted" to LS decisions on Pubsiders, and DS decisions on Impsiders, except for:

* Agents take the LS version of the decision about SCORPIO in Chapter V (Iokath) of KotET.

* All characters preserve *both* Kaliyo Djannis and Aric Jorgan at the end of Chapter XIII (Vandin) of KotFE.

* All characters preserve Theron Shan at the end of Nathema Conspiracy segment of the Traitor Arc.

Separately (it's not an LS/DS thing):

Pubsiders and Warriors save Vette in Chapter VIII of KotET. Impsiders save Torian.

I was wondering if it was possible to skip the story after Ziost and start directly Jedi under Siege or Onslaught, and how to do it.

You can skip FE/ET in a couple ways. From Ziost you can skip directly to Iokath, which will allow you to complete the Traitor arc and go on to Ossus. Or you can skip directly to Ossus, which will autocomplete everything story related before that with the default choices. In order to start Onslaught you have to have completed Hearts and Minds, which is auto-granted after you complete Ossus (Jedi Under Siege). You do all of this from the mission terminal on your personal ship.

Have a follow up to the OP question, if you do skip KOTFE and KOTET, do you still have the side missions available for companion recruitment?

I was under the impression, code-wise, that most of the side 'ALERTS' are directly triggered by the choices players make while in the midst of certain KOTFE & KOTET chapters. (as well as any subsequent 'influence' you gain with the 4 Alliance HQ npc's on Odessan )

But of course others can answer better, since i've never actually skipped KOTFE/KOTET before myself. :cool:

(In fact, i'm still wondering about just the opposite effect: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9791920#post9791920 )

**EDIT: 2 other players with actual experience-in-skipping have answered better below

Edited by Nee-Elder
clarity cuz of my own ignorance

You should still get all the alliance alerts, you will have to do the Finding a Findsman alert to unlock any that are not subscriber reward alerts (Paxton etc). The only one that is auto-completed for you is the one for Arcann.

You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET chapters, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.

Edited for clarity regarding pre-romanced comps.

Edited by tuulem

You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.

However, a companion who comes back through a pre-Ossus alert can be re-ignited. This affects:

* Akaavi Spar

* Mako

* Felix Iresso

* Risha

* Corso Riggs

* Andronikos Revel

* Ashara Zavros

You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.

Just to confirm, if I skip KotFE and KotET, will my LS Sith Warrior be able to romance Jaesa when she returns?

Edited by Scott_Kowalczuk

Just to confirm, if I skip KotFE and KotET, will my LS Sith Warrior be able to romance Jaesa when she returns?

I presume that you mean "Will my Sith Warrior be able to romance LS Jaesa when she returns?". The Warrior's alignment doesn't, as such, matter.

Yes, your warrior, male or female, will be able to romance LSJ. Be sure to listen to her when you meet her *during* the story on Ossus, because she'll give you a big hint about what you must choose in a LS/DS decision near the end of the story. If you choose wrong, you will not be able to romance her.

• 4 months later...
Hi

I'm wanting to skip FE and ET on my LS SIn, every major decision in the class story I've made has been a LS one. Will the Automatic decisions i make in the exp be LS ones too?

Read the second post on Page 1. I've quoted it here for you, and bolded the interesting part.

At Level 70+ go to your ship's mission console and take the mission Inflection Point to start Jedi Under Siege. It's not currently possible to jump directly to Onslaught.

Parts of the preceding story that you haven't done will be "defaulted" to LS decisions on Pubsiders, and DS decisions on Impsiders, except for:

* Agents take the LS version of the decision about SCORPIO in Chapter V (Iokath) of KotET.

* All characters preserve *both* Kaliyo Djannis and Aric Jorgan at the end of Chapter XIII (Vandin) of KotFE.

* All characters preserve Theron Shan at the end of Nathema Conspiracy segment of the Traitor Arc.

Separately (it's not an LS/DS thing):

Pubsiders and Warriors save Vette in Chapter VIII of KotET. Impsiders save Torian.

So if you want your Sin to be LS on decisions during KotFE/ET, you must play through those stories.

• 4 months later...

I dont know I am still searching.

DO you get all the companions when skipping those missions or not?

Like if you skip all of them does the game give you the things you should get when you actually had done them or do you need to find other ways to get your companions then!!?!?!?!?!?

I dont know I am still searching.

DO you get all the companions when skipping those missions or not?

Like if you skip all of them does the game give you the things you should get when you actually had done them or do you need to find other ways to get your companions then!!?!?!?!?!?

Which companions you receive if you skip FE/ET depends upon your character's faction since decisions are made primarily along faction lines. The linked post below gives thorough details for what decisions are assumed for character's based upon their faction, and in a few cases their class. To my knowledge, no companions are assumed killed in Fallen Empire, but there are several that are assumed killed in Eternal Throne, and it is those assumptions that will determine which companions you receive if you skip FE/ET. Only one Alliance Alert is auto-completed, that being Arcann's, so comps retrieved via AA will all be available via their AA. Some Alerts are locked behind To Find A Findsman, meaning until you complete TFAF there will be several Alerts that will not be available. Most of the post-ET Alerts for comp returns are not predicated on completing TFAF. For example, a Consular would have to complete TFAF in order to receive the AA for Qyzen, but not the Alerts for Irreso, Nadia, or Tharan.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9669534#post9669534

Which companions you receive if you skip FE/ET depends upon your character's faction since decisions are made primarily along faction lines. The linked post below gives thorough details for what decisions are assumed for character's based upon their faction, and in a few cases their class. To my knowledge, no companions are assumed killed in Fallen Empire, but there are several that are assumed killed in Eternal Throne, and it is those assumptions that will determine which companions you receive if you skip FE/ET. Only one Alliance Alert is auto-completed, that being Arcann's, so comps retrieved via AA will all be available via their AA. Some Alerts are locked behind To Find A Findsman, meaning until you complete TFAF there will be several Alerts that will not be available. Most of the post-ET Alerts for comp returns are not predicated on completing TFAF. For example, a Consular would have to complete TFAF in order to receive the AA for Qyzen, but not the Alerts for Irreso, Nadia, or Tharan.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9669534#post9669534

Cool and thank you for your effort.

That said; I might be a bit slow to follow all this.

My understanding is, when you do all the stories, you can get xp, mission-rewards(items/reputation) and you unlock companions.

So by skipping all those things I was wondering what you get auto-unlocked.

Lets say you get 2 comps in Kotfe and 2 in Kotet and you skip those two, will those 4 companions be unlocked in your companion& contacts as if you would have played them ?

For this toon I dont really care what decisions are auto-made for the story. I just wanna know if i will miss on certain companions if I skip them. Cause I dont know which companion comes in which story. And I got the impression some companions only come as a side-quest (not meaning Find a Findsman).

Edited by Stormwinds

Cool and thank you for your effort.

That said; I might be a bit slow to follow all this.

My understanding is, when you do all the stories, you can get xp, mission-rewards(items/reputation) and you unlock companions.

So by skipping all those things I was wondering what you get auto-unlocked.

Lets say you get 2 comps in Kotfe and 2 in Kotet and you skip those two, will those 4 companions be unlocked in your companion& contacts as if you would have played them ?

For this toon I dont really care what decisions are auto-made for the story. I just wanna know if i will miss on certain companions if I skip them. Cause I dont know which companion comes in which story. And I got the impression some companions only come as a side-quest (not meaning Find a Findsman).

Wrapping this all in spoiler tags because spoilers.

First thing is, XP and mission rewards. You do not get them. For example, as part of one of the Fallen Empire chapters you build a new weapon. This weapon has a minor bonus for your character depending upon your choices and was intended to be useful during the final fight with Arcann. You do not get that if you skip.

Companions. The companions added with Fallen Empire are:

• Aric Jorgan - *see note below
  • Gault Renow - alive for both
  • Kaliyo Djannis - *see note below
  • Koth Vortena - alive for Rep, dead for Imp
  • Lana Beniko - alive for both
  • Scorpio - Rep and Agent allow to merge with Iokath, other Imps kill
  • Senya Tirall - alive for Rep, dead for Imp
  • T7-01 - alive for both
  • Theron Shan - alive for both
  • Torian Cadera - alive for Imp except Warrior, dead for Rep
  • Vette - alive for Rep and Warrior, dead for Imp

I have noted next to the character's name whether they are alive or dead according to faction or class. Regarding Jorgan and Kaliyo. I do not remember if there is any assumed decision regarding reprimanding or exiling one or the other from the Alliance depending upon faction and I am not on that I can check it. It is assumed that all characters, regardless of faction, forgive Theron at the end of Nathema.

There is only one new companion added with Eternal Throne and that is Arcann. Whether Arcann joins you depends upon your faction. Republic characters are assumed to help Senya in the beginning of Eternal Throne and so get Senya and light Arcann. Imperial characters are assumed to attack Senya in the beginning of Eternal Throne and so lose Senya and kill dark Arcann. They may be retrievable from the companion locator terminal in Odessen base, but I am not certain and have not tried it.

Skipping ahead to JUS will auto-complete Iokath as well, and the decision of which faction you joined, and thus which companion joins you, falls along factional lines. Reps help the Republic, Elara joins them, Jace Malcom is alive, and Empress Acina is dead. Imps help the Empire, Malavai Quinn joins then, Empress Acina is alive, and Jace Malcom is dead.

One note about Arcann's Alliance Alert when skipping ahead to JUS (only applies to Rep characters since Arcann is dead for Imps). Before you talk to Lana to start JUS you will have Arcann's AA in your C&C window. You can do the AA first and then talk to Lana to start JUS. If you talk to Lana and have the cutscene with you two walking and talking about how much the Alliance has done and which faction will you support, etc., Arcann's AA is auto-completed. If you want to, do the AA first and then talk to Lana.

I've always had issues about "All DS choices for Imps, all LS choices for Pubs," even though I understand that for the sake of efficiency, that's the "cookie-cutter" way of lumping them together. By skipping the story, you become cookie-cutter and have to live with it. So, I understand it, but I don't like it.

As for Pubs saving Vette: She's technically a "civilian," and Pubs sacrifice soldiers to save civilians-- that's the job of soldiers. For Imps, soldiers are more valuable, and Torian is a soldier.

The Imps HAVE changed as a result of the KOTFE/ET narrative, but for purposes of the ongoing game story, they are still the "bad guys." I WISH we could manually input major decisions (like with the bot that appears at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege, if you romance Lana throughout the story), so that my Imps could skip KOTFE/ET without being burdened by choices I don't want to make for them... but I know that's not going to happen, and I know why.

Edited by HollyUSEC

I've always had issues about "All DS choices for Imps, all LS choices for Pubs," even though I understand that for the sake of efficiency, that's the "cookie-cutter" way of lumping them together. By skipping the story, you become cookie-cutter and have to live with it. So, I understand it, but I don't like it.

Yeah. I wish they had done something similar to what was done between Mass Effect 1 and ME 2. That module one could play that allowed them to pick those choices that were carried forward from 1 to 2 such as who lived and died on Virmire. I do not know if such a thing would have been possible, but if yes then that would have been far preferable to the simplistic Rep=light, Imp=dark situation. I skipped over FE/ET on my Bounty Hunter, who is light sided, because I just could not play though FE/ET on a non-Force user again (opinions may differ but to me FE/ET is written mainly for Force users only), and I had a momentary shock when picking up the daily mission on Onderon from Shae Vizla. Shae scolded my character for questioning their authority during that FE chapter, and I was like "but I didn't...I wouldn't..." then I remember, oh right, Imp=dark=insult Shae.

Yeah. I wish they had done something similar to what was done between Mass Effect 1 and ME 2. That module one could play that allowed them to pick those choices that were carried forward from 1 to 2 such as who lived and died on Virmire. I do not know if such a thing would have been possible, but if yes then that would have been far preferable to the simplistic Rep=light, Imp=dark situation. I skipped over FE/ET on my Bounty Hunter, who is light sided, because I just could not play though FE/ET on a non-Force user again (opinions may differ but to me FE/ET is written mainly for Force users only), and I had a momentary shock when picking up the daily mission on Onderon from Shae Vizla. Shae scolded my character for questioning their authority during that FE chapter, and I was like "but I didn't...I wouldn't..." then I remember, oh right, Imp=dark=insult Shae.

This sort of thing is why I think that at the very least, the deciding factor should have been your alignment toggle rather than your faction. At the time that it was first possible to skip over any part of KotFE/ET, the alignment toggle was already there - both were released in 5.0, where you could skip to the beginning of KotET (even if it was just by creating an insta65 character).

To be sure, they would have had to add a checkbox in the character create screen to choose your initial dark/light preference, but that *would* have defused some of the discontentment with the situation, since the blind "Imp=Dark, Pub=Light" thing wouldn't have been there.

This sort of thing is why I think that at the very least, the deciding factor should have been your alignment toggle rather than your faction.

That would have worked too and would have been preferable to the simplistic dichotomy we got.

Wrapping this all in spoiler tags because spoilers.

First thing is, XP and mission rewards. You do not get them. For example, as part of one of the Fallen Empire chapters you build a new weapon. This weapon has a minor bonus for your character depending upon your choices and was intended to be useful during the final fight with Arcann. You do not get that if you skip.

Companions. The companions added with Fallen Empire are:

• Aric Jorgan - *see note below
  • Gault Renow - alive for both
  • Kaliyo Djannis - *see note below
  • Koth Vortena - alive for Rep, dead for Imp
  • Lana Beniko - alive for both
  • Scorpio - Rep and Agent allow to merge with Iokath, other Imps kill
  • Senya Tirall - alive for Rep, dead for Imp
  • T7-01 - alive for both
  • Theron Shan - alive for both
  • Torian Cadera - alive for Imp except Warrior, dead for Rep
  • Vette - alive for Rep and Warrior, dead for Imp

I have noted next to the character's name whether they are alive or dead according to faction or class. Regarding Jorgan and Kaliyo. I do not remember if there is any assumed decision regarding reprimanding or exiling one or the other from the Alliance depending upon faction and I am not on that I can check it. It is assumed that all characters, regardless of faction, forgive Theron at the end of Nathema.

There is only one new companion added with Eternal Throne and that is Arcann. Whether Arcann joins you depends upon your faction. Republic characters are assumed to help Senya in the beginning of Eternal Throne and so get Senya and light Arcann. Imperial characters are assumed to attack Senya in the beginning of Eternal Throne and so lose Senya and kill dark Arcann. They may be retrievable from the companion locator terminal in Odessen base, but I am not certain and have not tried it.

Skipping ahead to JUS will auto-complete Iokath as well, and the decision of which faction you joined, and thus which companion joins you, falls along factional lines. Reps help the Republic, Elara joins them, Jace Malcom is alive, and Empress Acina is dead. Imps help the Empire, Malavai Quinn joins then, Empress Acina is alive, and Jace Malcom is dead.

One note about Arcann's Alliance Alert when skipping ahead to JUS (only applies to Rep characters since Arcann is dead for Imps). Before you talk to Lana to start JUS you will have Arcann's AA in your C&C window. You can do the AA first and then talk to Lana to start JUS. If you talk to Lana and have the cutscene with you two walking and talking about how much the Alliance has done and which faction will you support, etc., Arcann's AA is auto-completed. If you want to, do the AA first and then talk to Lana.

Ok then I only have one last open question and I dont know if u can answer that too:

Lets say I am in the middle of Shadow of Revan questline and then I start Onslaught which will skip all those stories.

Does the mission quest still stays in my mission log or do I need to cancel it anyway then?

Ok then I only have one last open question and I dont know if u can answer that too:

Lets say I am in the middle of Shadow of Revan questline and then I start Onslaught which will skip all those stories.

Does the mission quest still stays in my mission log or do I need to cancel it anyway then?

Starting Fallen Empire or skipping ahead to Jedi Under Siege will auto-complete everything associated with Shadow of Revan, from prologue to epilogue, so if you are somewhere in the middle of SoR and jump ahead then the mission will be marked as complete and removed from your mission log.

For clarification, you can not jump right to Onslaught. You have to complete JUS first, which is where you decide which faction to support and then Hearts and Minds. Only after completing H&M will you be able to start Onslaught.

Edited by ceryxp

Starting Fallen Empire or skipping ahead to Jedi Under Siege will auto-complete everything associated with Shadow of Revan, from prologue to epilogue, so if you are somewhere in the middle of SoR and jump ahead then the mission will be marked as complete and removed from your mission log.

For clarification, you can not jump right to Onslaught. You have to complete JUS first, which is where you decide which faction to support and then Hearts and Minds. Only after completing H&M will you be able to start Onslaught.

Ok, I got one more for you! As an expert you for sure know the answer!?

If I finished the class story and go straight to Kotfe. The other stories like Revan and Hutt are getting skipped by that.

What will my character miss out when skipping those?

Like game-wise!? I think it cant be much.

Ok, I got one more for you! As an expert you for sure know the answer!?

If I finished the class story and go straight to Kotfe. The other stories like Revan and Hutt are getting skipped by that.

What will my character miss out when skipping those?

Like game-wise!? I think it cant be much.

The only content that gets auto-completed when skipping ahead to Fallen Empire is:

• Class story - Chapters 1-3
  • Class companion story arcs - all conversations and any companion missions
  • Forged Alliances - the SoR prelude
  • Rishi and Yavin - Shadow of Revan
  • Ziost - the SoR epilogue

Skipping ahead to JuS marks all of the above content complete as well as:

• Fallen Empire
  • Eternal Throne
  • The Traitor arc - Iokath through Nathema

See this post for a reminder of the assumed decisions when skipping.

The following is not auto-completed by anything:

• Planetary arcs
  • Planetary bonus series - now repeatable
  • Ilum
  • Makeb - RotHC
  • Oricon

All of those can still be played as normal after you skip ahead to FE or JuS if not already completed. But they do not make reference to anything that came out after they were released. So during all of it you will still be called Master Jedi, for example, rather then Outlander or [Alliance] Commander.

Skipping ahead to start Iokath does not auto-complete anything, but it does allow you to play through the entire Traitor story arc and move forward into JuS. Once you start JuS, the cut off is actually once you finish the first conversation with Lana, then all of the above content that gets auto-completed by skipping ahead will be marked as complete.