15% Movement Increase Utilities Not Working?

Ld-Siris

To start off with I noticed that I generally feel slower on my assassin than I do on my marauder. The assassin has a Utility called Obfuscation which increase movement speed by 15% and increases stealth levels. The marauder has a similar utility called phantom which increases movement speed by 15%, increase camo movement speed gain by 20% and extends the duration of camo by 2s.

Now on all the class that have a 15% movement increase it just says increases movement speed which suggests that it's overall movement speed. So I started testing my assassin. I ran a known distance on my guildship three times for each event to exclude human error on things like me hitting the stopwatch and I found that the assassin utility didn't change my movement speed. I then tested while in stealth and still no change. So then I got on my marauder and found its utility also didn't change the movement speed. The only thing I didn't test was in combat movement speed. I will do this next. Below are my times in seconds.

Assassin with utility: 10.10, 10.15, 10.03

Assassin without utility: 10.15, 10.19, 10.20

Assassin Stealth with utility: 11.42, 11.53, 11.46

Assassin Stealth without utility: 11.39, 11.35, 11.62

Marauder with utility: 10.06, 10.13, 10.06

Marauder without utility: 10.10, 10.07, 10.15

So before I submit a bug report I wanted some feed back to see if others found these utilities not working. Are you guys finding this the case? does it only effect in combat movement and if so the wordage needs to be cleared up. What are your findings?

They do work, but only in combat. This is because movement speed buffs don't stack, so the 15% is getting over-ridden by Sprint's 35% out of combat, rather than added to it. Sprint is off in combat, so the 15% applies normally.

I take the 15% buff on my toons that can access it, but truthfully, it doesn't make a huge difference.

Incidentally, Merc & PT's Hydraulic Overrides suffer from the same problem, the 30% movement increase is lower than Sprint's 35%, so it's useless for speeding up movement out of combat, unless you take the PT utility that boosts it.

They do work, but only in combat. This is because movement speed buffs don't stack, so the 15% is getting over-ridden by Sprint's 35% out of combat, rather than added to it. Sprint is off in combat, so the 15% applies normally.

I take the 15% buff on my toons that can access it, but truthfully, it doesn't make a huge difference.

Incidentally, Merc & PT's Hydraulic Overrides suffer from the same problem, the 30% movement increase is lower than Sprint's 35%, so it's useless for speeding up movement out of combat, unless you take the PT utility that boosts it.

Ahh that makes perfect sense thank you. And I just finished my testing of in combat and found the same thing. I did not realize that about sprint. for some reason I always assumed you had a movement impairment in combat.

This kind of makes these utilities lack luster and almost need a bit of a buff for the melee classes.

Ahh that makes perfect sense thank you. And I just finished my testing of in combat and found the same thing. I did not realize that about sprint. for some reason I always assumed you had a movement impairment in combat.

This kind of makes these utilities lack luster and almost need a bit of a buff for the melee classes.

I don't think these utilities really need buffs. Sure they aren't amazing but a constant 15% movement speed increase in combat is pretty nice. Especially since most of the classes that can pick these utilities can also get a little extra by picking it. Stealth increase for sins and oppers, and better camo for maras. It's only really PT's that get a raw deal and get only the movement speed increase. But then they do have Hydraulics to make up for it I guess.