Do you regret your choice of vanguard or commando? (and wish you could switch)?

Finrok

No way Vanguard is just awsome, and when u have around full champion gear the class feels so insanely strong, and this with Supercommando set( absord/def stats), you can have a shield specc and then just change from Supercommando to Elimiantors set and you can solo healers so fast ahah awsome.

I am happy with my choice. I chose commando/combat medic and I enjoy every minute of it.

I would try a vanguard though so I am thinking about starting another toon and go vanguard with it...but that is in the future. i have so many things to do at the moment that I wouldnt have time for an alt.

I was a bit sceptic when choosing trooper/vanguard since I enjoy being in the thick of it and had the notion of a trooper being ranged. To my surprise and glee the vanguard is ALWAYS in the thick of it and I love being able to charge in and mash faces and having the armor to sometimes even getting away with it :-D

I am very happy with my vanguard shield spec right now, both in PvE and PvP!

Commando full Artillery specced and... damn i'm powerful, being able to solo green H4s with only Elara is just completely insane.

I like the gameplay mostly, I like the resource system, I like that you're able to control a bunch of the battelfield at once with all your KB/stuns and aoe, I love the stroy line.

And everytime I'm playing him I wonder why I picked a Jedi Knight as my main.

But then I go back to the JK, and realize his gameplay is just a hundred times more dynamic than the trooper and I'm pretty happy I chose him as my main instead ^^

I went vanguard at virtually a coin flip. I was intending to go commando but the friend I was playing with went sage and I didn't think us both having healer specs was a good idea. Best choice I ever made! Vanguard is amazing and the play-style is exactly what I wanted

I went Commando originally for the gun, but regretted at 16. Thankfully liked the Trooper enough to reroll and very happy as a Vanguard. Should've known better at the beginning to take the class that has the same name as the Mass Effect Vanguard :p

Gunnery Commando here and loving it! Like most I was, at first, put off by the assault cannon but as time goes on its something you get used too. And its a blast to use the huge *** gun to blow big holes in things!

With Elara healing or Aric DPS'ing with me, depending on content and my mood, we've been blowing through content and having a blast!!

Edited by Rhyys

I originally planned on being commando healer. After leveling to 50, healing the whole way and starting to get into some hard modes, it just didn't feel like the class was designed with healing in mind.

I re-speced to DPS and have really enjoyed the class. I'm probably the top DPS in my guild (toss up between me and a gunslinger). Luckily my guild has a number of competent sages to heal and somewhat of a lack of DPS.

If my guild needed healers I think I would have regret rolling a commando.

Not regretting it at all, loving my Vanguard. With Elara out and shield-spec, you can bulldoze anything, and with Jorgan you can faceroll mobs nicely. My only problem is deciding whether to roll a trooper alt or try a different base class!