Hutt Cartel

EAFSAMWISE

SPOILERS

So as of the end of the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, the Hutt Cartel was definitely allied with the Republic, albeit reluctantly (it's official enough that there's even a lore entry about it). However, we hear almost nothing about them except it seems they're acting on their own and even teaming up with the Exchange during the Mek-Sha storyline in Onslaught. Did the alliance end off-screen or is there somethin else going on?

I seem ot dimly recall there being a conversation option for republic players where you learn that the Hutts managed to weasel out of most of their obligations during the chaos of the EE's invasion

Even if i'm remembering wrong, it seems quite plausible.

I seem ot dimly recall there being a conversation option for republic players where you learn that the Hutts managed to weasel out of most of their obligations during the chaos of the EE's invasion

Interesting. Either way they should have a more concrete status for the Hutts, given their amount of power. They've practically disappeared except for a minor reference in Onslaught during Mek-Sha

I remember something to that effect as well. I can't recall where that conversation takes place though.

Interesting. Either way they should have a more concrete status for the Hutts, given their amount of power. They've practically disappeared except for a minor reference in Onslaught during Mek-Sha

Well there was the whole Feast of Prosperity, during which Duuba refers to "things haven't been good for the Cartel lately," without going into specifics. The advertising for the event described that, "[t]he once powerful organization no longer instills respect and fear."

I remember something to that effect as well. I can't recall where that conversation takes place though.

Well there was the whole Feast of Prosperity, during which Duuba refers to "things haven't been good for the Cartel lately," without going into specifics. The advertising for the event described that, "[t]he once powerful organization no longer instills respect and fear."

This definitely brings much-needed clarification. The Feast of Prosperity event doesn't seem to happen often and I missed it or wasn't interested when it came out last fall so I am not aware of story connections in there

This definitely brings much-needed clarification. The Feast of Prosperity event doesn't seem to happen often and I missed it or wasn't interested when it came out last fall so I am not aware of story connections in there

Feast of Prosperity is seasonal like Nightlife (summer) and Life Day (winter). Feast is their autumn event.