Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make annihilation more viable for pvp (specially Ranked).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Make annihilation more viable for pvp (specially Ranked).

James_Mcturney
09.24.2020 , 10:24 AM | #1
Concentration/fury has a 6 sec huge slow each 16 sec, 2 immobilizes/gap closers on short cooldown (force jump/zealous jump), complete CC immunity 6 sec each 30 seconds, very nice defense from concentrated slash......
Why not give force melt a natural slow like 30% for its duration, it won't change a damm thing in PvE, as operation bosses will obviously be immune to it?
Maybe remove the 6 second cc immunity from force exhaustion and make it baseline of sentinel through some other skill, each 30 seconds, obviously won't work for PvE so whats the problem? Concentration/Fury is already very strong by its dps/burst capability, so it will still be top tier.
With those changes, people would be able to use carnage and annihilation more viably for pvp, as it stands now, people will kite a lot and cc you a lot, which makes stacking all the dots in a 9 second window pretty much impossible.

gasxero
09.25.2020 , 08:04 AM | #2
both non-fury specs need a lot of work...hell, most warrior specs overall do. Juggs are pure ****e right now.

but there is a tier 1 utility that gives force melt a slow...i use it all the time in lowbie pvp.

vfreelancerv
10.14.2020 , 03:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by James_Mcturney View Post
Concentration/fury has a 6 sec huge slow each 16 sec, 2 immobilizes/gap closers on short cooldown (force jump/zealous jump), complete CC immunity 6 sec each 30 seconds, very nice defense from concentrated slash......
Why not give force melt a natural slow like 30% for its duration, it won't change a damm thing in PvE, as operation bosses will obviously be immune to it?
Maybe remove the 6 second cc immunity from force exhaustion and make it baseline of sentinel through some other skill, each 30 seconds, obviously won't work for PvE so whats the problem? Concentration/Fury is already very strong by its dps/burst capability, so it will still be top tier.
With those changes, people would be able to use carnage and annihilation more viably for pvp, as it stands now, people will kite a lot and cc you a lot, which makes stacking all the dots in a 9 second window pretty much impossible.
^^^^ Yes. Give warrior some counter - cc. Its far to easily controlled for its mediocre damage output.

Enticy
10.14.2020 , 04:49 PM | #4
Annihilation Mara has a high skill ceiling, and it’s always been that way. It’s perfectly viable for PvP if you know how to kite and use your cool downs. Every class doesn’t need an “activate this to be awesome automatically” utility or skill. Not every class is designed to stand up and facetank the enemy while doing dps in the high hundreds of thousands or millions depending on what mode you’re playing.
http://www.swtor.com/r/C5HCPD My referral link.

TmoneyTime
10.16.2020 , 08:04 PM | #5
I have done a lot of thinking about annihilation and pvp. I used to be on the cc immunity train as well, but then I started to think what really made Anni good in the early days. It was tankyness, the % health change to self heals hurt the spec and it hasnt really recovered in pvp.

I did a test with the victors set in pvp (20% heal on a kill) and it felt amazing when it went off the spec just felt right with it even though its a big dps loss.(not worth the dps loss). If they the % heal was reverted it would start to see way more play.