Wasn't bag drops for gear removed because no one liked it?

WaveRun

And they said they were getting rid of tokens and comms because it was too confusing, and look at the contorted mess we ended up with.

Plain and simply, they will say things that fit their narrative of the time, though I have no idea what you're talking about as gear that goes into your inventory? How else are you suppose to receive it?

And they said they were getting rid of tokens and comms because it was too confusing, and look at the contorted mess we ended up with.

Plain and simply, they will say things that fit their narrative of the time, though I have no idea what you're talking about as gear that goes into your inventory? How else are you suppose to receive it?

Back when swtor was first released you received a bag from doing dailies. Inside the bag was a piece of gear.

Should have been around for the Warlord Boxes. Cant remember the number of what the requirement was for that. Do remember 22 boxes in a row with the belt That was so fun. I even think I have one of my original fifties with 5 of those belts in her inventory last I looked

If you want to know why we have Command Crates just search engine for Battlefront II (or even just EA) whose Lootcrates are basically the same thing - only going one step further where you could purchase them outright - in addition to slow grinding for them.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2s-loot-crates-prices-reveal/1100-6454786/

it obvious to me that SWTOR was used as a test bed for Battlefront II which also sucked attention away from SWTOR in the process.

Many of us erroneously blamed former producer Ben Irving and/or current producer Keith Kanneg and perennial blame target Eric Musco. Gearing via Lootcrates was all top down EA orders with disastrous results.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Things are kind of circular in TOR. They also removed Bronze items from the cartel market, then re-introduced them, then removed them again. Then there's tokens and commendations, as mentioned...

Time... line? Time is not made of lines. Time is made of circles. That is why clocks are round.

Why do we have it back in the form of command crates? Did someone who was fired back then get rehired?

Yeah hehe battle bags was a disaster and it didn't last very long. That point has been brought up numerous times since 5.0 dropped. It was much worse in the first few months of 5.0 because there was literally no other possible way to get the better gear other than by command crates. That was a nightmare. Slowly though with each new patch the introduced alternative methods for getting the higher rated gear, I personally have been fine with it since they introduced UCs as a method of buying the new gear and I didn't find it especially terrible to gear up that way. I've been full 248 since about a month after 248 gear was introduced. Now, with all the increased methods for gearing, I really don't see any basis for complaints, in fact, it is easier now than ever to gear up, there is a greater grinding element to it, but it isn't in any way hard.

People seem to forget that there was a time when the only possible way to get BIS gear was from completing NiM Operations. That was hard, took time, and was gated behind player skill. Compared to that, this is a lot more advantageous a system for people of all skill levels, to much so in my opinion. BIS gear shouldn't be easy or fast to get.