The Gemini Deception , survive skytrooper ambush

Protoaloe

I looked on internet but apparently the quest was changed or something, because all of the walkthroughs of this quest were different.

I get to be locked in with that Gemini type and have to fight the Big Boss plus Skytroopers and the Gemini type is useless and I am just not strong enough to fight ALL OF THEM.

So it this the point where you want to get rid of players in this game and get them to buy an explanision? Or force solo players to group (can you even group for this game spoiler part?

I have always loved this game but now have reached a point where I think it is ridiculous. You get to basically end of this segment to go on to next expansion, and they have to spoil it by making it impossible. Not only is the big boss totally overpowered but also the Skytroopers, and yes how mean are these devs now - you can kill just about all and suddenly they come alive again, especially the big guy. So this is a neverending fight with dying, dying, dying----I think I cancel cancel cancel this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked on internet but apparently the quest was changed or something, because all of the walkthroughs of this quest were different.

I get to be locked in with that Gemini type and have to fight the Big Boss plus Skytroopers and the Gemini type is useless and I am just not strong enough to fight ALL OF THEM.

So it this the point where you want to get rid of players in this game and get them to buy an explanision? Or force solo players to group (can you even group for this game spoiler part?

I have always loved this game but now have reached a point where I think it is ridiculous. You get to basically end of this segment to go on to next expansion, and they have to spoil it by making it impossible. Not only is the big boss totally overpowered but also the Skytroopers, and yes how mean are these devs now - you can kill just about all and suddenly they come alive again, especially the big guy. So this is a neverending fight with dying, dying, dying----I think I cancel cancel cancel this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slow down, calm down, breathe. It clearly isn't impossible to beat the fight because there are also endless complaints about two other fights that appear later in the same chapter. But they, too are possible, since people also complain about the one in the following chapter.

So let's break it down and check a few things.

* First off, check to make sure you aren't running it in Veteran or (worse) Master difficulty. If so, turn it down to Story.

* Are we talking about the same fight? There are three big fights in this chapter: the ambush as you arrive, you and SCORPIO versus a large tripod battledroid skytrooper and some ordinary ones; the second one in the heart of the skytrooper production area, involving lots of skytroopers and a big ordinary skytrooper, and (if memory serves) Senya as companion; and the finale with you and Senya and the GEMINI Captain (starts with nine ordinary skytroopers and once you slap them down, the captain fights you, bats you around all over, and occasionally spawns decoys of herself).

* What Influence rank is SCORPIO? How can you have reached this point in the story without knowing what your companions are called? If she is still Influence rank 1, give her suitable gifts. The Internet can tell you the best ones to give. Buy them from the Companion Gifts Vendor on the Fleet.

* What class and discipline is your character?

* What level is your character?

* Is your gear up to scratch? What's the "ITEM RATING" from the top-left of the character panel?

* Do you know your character's "rotation" well?

The later stages of KotFE and KotET that follows it are a step up in difficulty, to be sure, but the step is on a human scale, so it's not like you have to (metaphorically) suddenly climb the front of Half Dome or something.

And yes, you can recruit one or two fellow players. Go into the chapter and then use the "/invite" chat command to invite them to your group and they will be able to join you in your instance of the chapter.

you can do it on story mood I did it a number of times it is not that hard at all

Use AOEs and don't spam basic attack. This fight is far far FAR from impossible.

That chapter is weird and the end fight in it sometimes seems to be way harder/tuned higher than at other times. Don't know if that is now affecting other fights in the chapter. SCORPIO may also be suffering from the ranged companion bug so try to stay close by.

If you don't feel like building up her influence with gifts, use one of the pink presence stims you can get on Odessen or from any of the medical droids to make her wake up a little more and help.

That chapter is weird and the end fight in it sometimes seems to be way harder/tuned higher than at other times. Don't know if that is now affecting other fights in the chapter. SCORPIO may also be suffering from the ranged companion bug so try to stay close by.

If you don't feel like building up her influence with gifts, use one of the pink presence stims you can get on Odessen or from any of the medical droids to make her wake up a little more and help.

I have never ran into an issue of that chapter being "overtuned". This is a issue of player not using all abilities.Not to mention, you don't have a ranged companion, you have Senya. You can simply YT the chapter and see what to do. All you have to do is stay out of AOE areas and focus on captain and not adds. Or use 1 aoe and wipe out the adds.

This is player error not the game.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

I have never ran into an issue of that chapter being "overtuned". This is a issue of player not using all abilities.Not to mention, you don't have a ranged companion, you have Senya. You can simply YT the chapter and see what to do. All you have to do is stay out of AOE areas and focus on captain and not adds. Or use 1 aoe and wipe out the adds.

This is player error not the game.

There are plenty of posts here who have observed the final fight seeming to be tuned higher, including people who have been through it numerous times without issues, so no, it's not just a LEEEEARRRN TO PLAAAYYY NOOOB!!!! issue. Not going to argue about it with you, believe what you will and so will I.

And no, it's not Senya in the fight the OP is discussing. The OP is clearly referring to the earlier fight in the chapter with SCORPIO and not the final one with Senya, and that is what I addressed when I clearly said "other fights in the chapter." SCORPIO is ranged in KOTFE, so the ranged bug absolutely could be coming into play for the Skytrooper ambush. As I recall the Skytroopers run around quite a bit of distance in that area so if the OP is too far from SCORPIO she could be failing to heal or fight.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There are plenty of posts here who have observed the final fight seeming to be tuned higher, including people who have been through it numerous times without issues, so no, it's not just a LEEEEARRRN TO PLAAAYYY NOOOB!!!! issue. Not going to argue about it with you, believe what you will and so will I.

And no, it's not Senya in the fight the OP is discussing. The OP is clearly referring to the earlier fight in the chapter with SCORPIO and not the final one with Senya, and that is what I addressed when I clearly said "other fights in the chapter." SCORPIO is ranged in KOTFE, so the ranged bug absolutely could be coming into play for the Skytrooper ambush. As I recall the Skytroopers run around quite a bit of distance in that area so if the OP is too far from SCORPIO she could be failing to heal or fight.

You don't fight any boss with Scorpio in this chapter, she gets fried. You fight both the Skytrooper Constructor and the Gemini Captain with Senya. Unless the OP means another chapter. As for this whole "over tuning thing", thing unless you have a link, well I am going to just have to disagree. Played this chapter like 20 times. Scorpio gets fried within the first 10 minutes while running in hall when she tries to override the Gemini Captain. Then you meet Senya. I even looked it up on youtube, there is no boss fight with Scorpio in this chapter.

Oh and here is the link in case you want to check out the Gemini Deception Chapter

The only other fight with Scorpio is with the Gold Star robot, which has skytroopers, all you have to do is CC the robot,kill the troopers and then kill the robot. But that isn't even a boss fight. Also, it sounds like the OP wasn't using heroic moment or the other buff you get with your companion (can't remember name because I hardly every use it). I was just assuming the OP meant a boss fight, and not a fight with a normal gold star enemy. Which if this chapter is on Story, and not MM, then yeah....it is so an issue of L2P.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

I've done this chapter 30+ times with all classes (though not all specs) and never seen any change in difficulty. Most of the times Senya was lower than 10 Influence rank. Half the time my characters were in green or blue 220 gear.

I've done this chapter 30+ times with all classes (though not all specs) and never seen any change in difficulty. Most of the times Senya was lower than 10 Influence rank. Half the time my characters were in green or blue 220 gear.

Thank you Elessara :D

Glad I am not the only voice in the wilderness.

Thank you Elessara :D

Glad I am not the only voice in the wilderness.

You're welcome! :)

I admit to being surprised to hear that other people were running into random issues with this chapter. The only problem I ever recall having was on the last boss fight on my heal spec'd scoundrel and that's because I was being dumb.