Price of Thermal Regulators

Kurkina

People are that stupid.

Average price for MK-9 over past month, for a single, has been around 65K. Stacks of 10, 14 and sometimes larger are usually up for several K less on a per item basis.

This morning the multi-stacks were hovering around 62K, with one stack of 50 sitting at 60k. Lowest price for a single was 66K, with only a page of supply before the price was close to 70K.

Some genius posted up three pages of singles for 58K each. I posted up 20 at 69,999. An hour later his and mine were gone, and the average price was hovering around 66K for singles.

I figure if someone forgoes hundreds of thousands in potential revenue for just pricing dumb, they are just paying a tax on stupid.

And the augment market is my bane these days. They aren't selling in high quantities, are fiercely undercut all day, and have huge swings in average price and / or price for similar augments.

This past week I watched Absorb augments go from 95K to 75K, Might from 78K to 93K to 85K, and Redoubt go from 88K to 110K to 92K.

If one is willing to bank a decent amount of augments in every stat and constantly check the GTN, list, and relist, one can make good money.

But other than trying to unload the stocks I have, I'm pretty much moved to just being lazy and selling the Therm Reg and not bothering with all the constant re-posting and undercutting.

I moved out of the Augment market due to the under cutting. Ditto the Mk-9 kit and Thermal Regulator markets. There are simply too many other opportunities opening up daily to stay in a saturated market.

• 1 month later...
I used to make a nice profit just by slicing/crafting augments. Undercutting (and by that I mean the senseless kind) made me stop doing it altogether. Just now the price of resolve 28s were around 95k, plus some *genius* put some up for 80k - which I bought as an effort to stabilize price range, only to have the same guy saturate the market with his retarded undercuts all over again and other *geniuses* undercutting those further. I will never understand them.

I used to make a nice profit just by slicing/crafting augments. Undercutting (and by that I mean the senseless kind) made me stop doing it altogether. Just now the price of resolve 28s were around 95k, plus some *genius* put some up for 80k - which I bought as an effort to stabilize price range, only to have the same guy saturate the market with his retarded undercuts all over again and other *geniuses* undercutting those further. I will never understand them.

Funny thing is 80k on my sever is actually pretty good :)

When this happens, and it always does, I simply have a bargain basement price that I will post at. If the current value is lower, I will still post at that bargain basement and wait out the rebound because value always rebounds.

I have a similar competitor in the mods markets. Every so often this person will post mods at prices at cost. I buy them up and repost them at normal prices; I treat that competitor as my "wholesaler". Every now and then he/she floods the market and some undercut him/her more (you're right...idiots). At that point I just wait it out.

Patience and diversity.

Edited by psandak

Funny thing is 80k on my sever is actually pretty good :)

When this happens, and it always does, I simply have a bargain basement price that I will post at. If the current value is lower, I will still post at that bargain basement and wait out the rebound because value always rebounds.

I have a similar competitor in the mods markets. Every so often this person will post mods at prices at cost. I buy them up and repost them at normal prices; I treat that competitor as my "wholesaler". Every now and then he/she floods the market and some undercut him/her more (you're right...idiots). At that point I just wait it out.

Patience and diversity.

I follow this same pattern. I have multiple markets I concentrate on and have "absolute minimums" that I will post at. Surprisingly, I will still get my minimum price over a 48 listing period as the lower priced items get snatched up (and often resold).

I will only leave a market, albeit temporarily, when a glut of undercut items are listed (call it 3 or 4 pages). I'll keep an eye on the market and start listing again only if the market doesn't continue its downward spiral due to undercutting.

My "absolute minimum" prices take into account the item costs and a small but still worthwhile profit margin. If I'm not going to make decent money on the item it gets warehoused until prices come back up.