2.0 Sage PVE Healing Build

sithlordmauler

Does anyone know a source for this information? Any place to find reliable stat priority for 2.0 healing Sage/Sorcs?

Thanks!!!

I run 8% alacrity, 31% crit surge is over 70% not sure exactly and about 990 power. Broke 2 mil heals in a warzone today.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. Posting here because I found better discussion in the sage forum than sorcerer. P:

Anyways, why do I see people skipping Humility? Seems like reducing damage output by 25% could spare quite a significant amount of HP on hard hitters.

I'm going to have to agree with the person who suggested force speed. I also suggest respec on the fly, because if you're going to do Scum & Villiany HM, you are going to want Egress if you get lost i a sandstorm. If you've done the content, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Points in Amnesty are not needed as using Noble Sacrifice with resplendence up eliminates any force degeneration.

Points in Egress have some benefit in lvl 55 end game PVE content to remove movement imparing debuffs.

Points in Psychic Suffusion are better spent elsewhere as in Egress or increasing self healing. While creating a free heal sounds inticing, it is a knockback meaning you can only use it when against bosses that are immune to movement imparing affects. Otherwise you are moving a mob away from the mele DPS our out if the AOE the ranged is putting down. Not a wise choice for PVE. Great for PVP.

Augments. I saw someone post using willpower augments. For healing, not so much for DPS, power is king over mainstat. The increase to bonus heals is better than main stat after the mainstat increase from skill points and sage/sorc buff to a point is is certainly more beneficial than the very modest increase to crit chance the main stat adds. Do the math yourself and it becomes clear.

While I have not gone through measuring parsing, the most basic question would be his much crit. The more active sage/sorc raid healers will probably settle with a crit chance somewhere between 25% to 30% crit fully buffed and stimmed. The benefit of a point if crit so low to where we used to have it and power has remained the same. At 30% crit chance I have received my procs as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm trying to figure out where my last point or two in the Seer tree should go. My remaining openings will be:

1. Psychic Suffusion (for the free force wave heal, though using force wave in group PvE is a "delicate" matter);

2. Humility (just one point, nice damage reduction, but limited as to who in end-game you can apply it to);

3: Egress (limited PvE utility...unless you need it...magnetic shackles, magnetic shackles, KEEP FIRING!!!);

4. Master Speed (again, seems more PvP'ish to me, but I'm willing to be convinced of raid utility).

Also, I saw someone mention that Amnesty isn't really necessary given the impact of Resplendence charges. I'm still leveling my Seer, so I've not gotten to the Salvation stage yet (now that it's been bumped to tier 7). Anyone care to weigh in on the idea of dropping that for an extra dot in the talents above?

Lastly, I technically only need to put one more point into Seer to get to Salvation, meaning I could put that additional point into the other trees. (I'll have Will of Jedi 2/2, Inner Strength 3/3, Mental Longevity 2/2 and TK Defense already). I suppose a little dps bump wouldn't hurt for dailies, etc., but I'd think it should go in Seer, no?

• 2 months later...
No. Fadeout|Egress isn't beneficial for Dash'Roode on any mode. Though you might not expect this, Force Speed without Fadeout|Egress removes the adds' slow.

I never had that happen, either HM or NiM. If slowed I run at the expected 150% but then go back to being slowed.

As far as Amensty vs Master Speed goes, it depends on fight as well as familiarity. I will usually take Amnesty while doing progression and always take Amnesty for healing intensive fights (DG, Kephess) and Master Speed for movement heavy fights like Titan 6 (mostly just for the .5 increase not so much for the refresh) or Dash'Roode.

I never take both.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

I never had that happen, either HM or NiM. If slowed I run at the expected 150% but then go back to being slowed.

I believe that you're correct: it's not Force Speed (without Fadeout|Egress) that is removing the slow. I immediately Force Speed > Force Barrier > Force Speed. The slow is either removed by Force Barrier or, after back-to-back 2.5-second Force Speeds, has expired. Five seconds of Force Speed puts enormous distance between me and the adds, and I'm nearly back to the raid.

Fadeout|Egress isn't a skill that I'd recommend for Dash'Roode (or any other NiM PVE encounter).

Edited by Orderken

I believe that you're correct: it's not Force Speed (without Fadeout|Egress) that is removing the slow. I immediately Force Speed > Force Barrier > Force Speed. The slow is either removed by Force Barrier or, after back-to-back 2.5-second Force Speeds, has expired. Five seconds of Force Speed puts enormous distance between me and the adds, and I'm nearly back to the raid.

Fadeout|Egress isn't a skill that I'd recommend for Dash'Roode (or any other NiM PVE encounter).

I take it as a safety wall since it is apparently a bug that you can get lost twice (used to think it was just unfortunate mechanic). But then again I once got lost on my Jugg tank when carrying shield, which was a lot of fun.

1. Lost, Shield, Speed (Egress removes snare) and walk the rest of the way, Speed again when off cd.

2. Lost, Speed, Barrier, Speed, self heals and pray

Once that is fixed I won't spec it anymore. I trade it for 2% crit chance which works well as DR is not healing intensive (in fact I forgot and kept it for Titan). But yes it is just a kind of a response to bugs and I was also using it when playing on laptop which threw me into splash screen whenever I got lost so i could not avoid the rats. As you say it is not suggested if you are not doing it on purpose.