Alacrity and madness

iamnoobplzhelp

What's the point? All of the dots are insta-cast (if done right). The two non-channeled lightning abilities are insta-cast (if done right). The only channeled ability is force lightning. Is there a point to having alacrity?

I'm trying to stack crit/surge, but all the damn PVP,PVE gear stacks power/alacrity! It drives me crazy! Thankfully I have so many duplicate PVP pieces that I can pull out the correct mods, but why am I FORCED to stack power/alacrity?

Alacrity SUCKS! Just means you burn through force faster!

The combination of the amount needed to make a bonafide difference coupled with the number of insta-casts (be they actual like shock or procced) make it about the weakest stat that will still show up on sorc gear).

If they uncapped that 10 second timer for the insta-proc off of force lightning I could see some use to it, beyond that not a fan in any of the dps combinations, surge, crit, and power are all of sufficient value that I don't want to waste my time on even more stats to diffuse my attentions.

If they uncapped that 10 second timer for the insta-proc off of force lightning I could see some use to it, beyond that not a fan in any of the dps combinations, surge, crit, and power are all of sufficient value that I don't want to waste my time on even more stats to diffuse my attentions.

If you're referring to the Wrath proc, it's the only of the 3 major Sorc procs (Lightning Storm, Lightning Barrage, and Wrath) that doesn't have a 10-second ICD.

alacrity is somewhat useful for madness, since it reduces the channel time of force lightning

But USELESS for the FOUR other things you use:

Affliction

Wrathed Crushing Darkness

Wrathed Chain Lightning or Creeping Terror

Death Field

Alacrity SUCKS and we're stuck with it unless we downgrade or get the mythical Advanced Adept Enhancement drop.