Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone try the veteran ranger set yet? (Shoulder missile set)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Anyone try the veteran ranger set yet? (Shoulder missile set)

DrRepulsor
01.09.2020 , 06:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
The set for anyone curious:

Set Bonus:
(2) +2% Mastery
(4) Ion Wave makes all targets Vulnerable to Shoulder Cannon for 5 seconds. While Shoulder Cannon loads missiles you restore 2 heat per second.
(6) Each Shoulder Cannon rocket has a 75% chance to trigger an additional rocket.

What I am wondering is if shoulder cannon rocket procs can further proc off themselves. For example, if you only fire one missile could the set bonus daisy chain a bunch more automatically or is it the one missile you fire only has a one time 75% chance to proc? The former would actually be really good while the latter would make the set trash.

I don't want to invest all the effort into the set just to find out it's garbage.
Hello everyone! Warning it's about to be a biggest disappointed ever I had in SWTOR.
4 set bonus veteran ranger set gives you around 20% dmg on shoulder cannon for 6 sec. CD is 18 sec. Makes it completely useless 4 set in pvp due to other classes can resist or ion wave/searing wave. Range dps if you do not use your CC's can out range once animation of ion wave take place. Bottom line it's one of the most useless set bonuses for pvp.
6 set bonus. No it's does not Daisy chain off proc. Checked it many many times. Max it can do 14 rockets. And one more thing. Talent heal for rocket. HEAL does not proc off additional rockets. Only 7 rockets will heal you if you AP/Tactics spec.
Bottom line - one of the most useless set bonuses for pvp in general...
None of ur damn business !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMAsVvHZlQ

BonnerFett
01.09.2020 , 09:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DrRepulsor View Post
Hello everyone! Warning it's about to be a biggest disappointed ever I had in SWTOR.
4 set bonus veteran ranger set gives you around 20% dmg on shoulder cannon for 6 sec. CD is 18 sec. Makes it completely useless 4 set in pvp due to other classes can resist or ion wave/searing wave. Range dps if you do not use your CC's can out range once animation of ion wave take place. Bottom line it's one of the most useless set bonuses for pvp.
6 set bonus. No it's does not Daisy chain off proc. Checked it many many times. Max it can do 14 rockets. And one more thing. Talent heal for rocket. HEAL does not proc off additional rockets. Only 7 rockets will heal you if you AP/Tactics spec.

That sucks. Thank you for the the sad news.

Fellow-Canadian
01.10.2020 , 09:05 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DrRepulsor View Post
Thank you for confirming my suspicions about this set. I was hoping for some unexpected mechanics like an AOE missile or daisy chains. Utilities not working with the set makes it even worse.

Pretty much just verified for me that meteor brawler is the only set I'm going to need. The set balance in this game is not interesting because you don't have any real choices.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

BonnerFett
01.17.2020 , 11:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
Thank you for confirming my suspicions about this set. I was hoping for some unexpected mechanics like an AOE missile or daisy chains. Utilities not working with the set makes it even worse.

Pretty much just verified for me that meteor brawler is the only set I'm going to need. The set balance in this game is not interesting because you don't have any real choices.
check out the patch notes. Looks like this set is getting buffed.

Fellow-Canadian
01.23.2020 , 01:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
check out the patch notes. Looks like this set is getting buffed.
I am hugely sceptical it is competitive with a post-nerf meteor brawler. I'd have to wait and see some numbers come out first. I've only managed to get a single piece myself, so I won't ever find out personally.

The 4pc bonus of meteor brawler seems to be better than the entire ranger set.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Darkchip
01.23.2020 , 07:10 PM | #16
I wouldn't be shocked if the ranger set was ment to be a tank set with the buff that is coming that makes it keep fireing rockets even when it is on cooldown and if you pair that with the healing from the rockets it wouldn't be a extremly bad set for them.

But honestly nothing is going to compete with the nerfed meteor set still BS that it is getting nerfed because of PvP so sick of PvE getting screwed over for PvP when not meny people even really do PvP that much anymore.

sebakonkol
02.12.2020 , 06:03 AM | #17
Searing Wave in 4pc bonus is terrible in *designed for AP set bonus*, as BW called it. Autocannon sounds nice tbh. I would replace 75% chsnce to 100%, it would not be too op (look at Death Kneel, Gathering Storm or Established Foothold sets)

MacGieger
05.30.2020 , 08:15 PM | #18
Hey all,

So the 6 piece set is a little different now with the new buff ie Shoulder cannon buffs shoulder cannon 3% damage stacking up to 5 times, instead of searing wave putting on a debuff. The extra free rocket does heal you (atleast now), so its possible if all your rockets get a free extra rocket, then yo might heal up to 42% of health (14 rockets max * 3% health = 42% health). Not counting the extra free rocket ever 10 seconds (6 total) with the Autocannon buff, so another 18% health max.

All in all if you are taking no damage you're looking at healing you up to 60% health max, as well as the rockets doing self buffing for extra 15% damage, and draining 2 heat / sec for ~16 sec.

The set might not be as good as meteor brawler, since the only damage buff is to shoulder cannon, instead of all attacks, but it's not bad either. The extra damage done with the salvo buff, probably adds up to close to the same damage as firefall's explosion, but to single target rather than firefall's aoe. Though the extra free healing does help to make up for the heals that PT is lacking. It might not give you the same damage output that Meteor Brawler does, but the slightly increased survivability with an extra 39% (max) healing that you wouldn't have had otherwise has value as well.

EDIT: In PVP the extra outgoing damage and incoming heals does increase survivability more than I had expected.