Can someone explain?

TehGrunt

So I'm not going to make some huge thread about this, but I'm genuinely confused. I've been PvPing since launch, first as an assasin dps/tank hybrid (The glory days amirite?) and then as a marauder (my main is now the marauder).

So here's what I need explained to me. How are Mercs OP? Everyone is complaining about mercs, yet I have more problems with assassins than I do with mercs. Everyone is complaining about mercs, and I just got yelled at in gen chat because I said mercs weren't OP, but I have yet to see anything Mercs have/can do that doesn't have an easy work around.

Someone help me understand this. Shouldn't we be complaining about how they took away our beloved stat of expertise instead? Is this because of an influx of new PvPers trying to grind out some easy CXP or is it genuinely a problem?

Because people are bad and they don't like the idea of their free kills fighting back.

Exactly.

In peoples minds - merc/mando is still an easy victim - because merc/mando was the victim for years.

Now things changed.

I cannot describe How i enjoyed my first Solo ranked games this Season xD but I have to admit this is too much defense now.

In my opinion they should take away Adrenalin rush and merc/mando would be perfectly fine - because shield is now the most important def so taking shieldheal away would make us as vulnerable like pre 5.0 and taking the new rofl reflect away would remove our "Ohh **** ****" skill to force the enemy to swap the target which would be very bad.

Anyway I enjoy my shadow, too :D - too bad they took away phasewalk xD but I like the burst now and god damn no force reg Problems :)

Exactly.

In peoples minds - merc/mando is still an easy victim - because merc/mando was the victim for years.

Now things changed.

I cannot describe How i enjoyed my first Solo ranked games this Season xD but I have to admit this is too much defense now.

In my opinion they should take away Adrenalin rush and merc/mando would be perfectly fine - because shield is now the most important def so taking shieldheal away would make us as vulnerable like pre 5.0 and taking the new rofl reflect away would remove our "Ohh **** ****" skill to force the enemy to swap the target which would be very bad.

Anyway I enjoy my shadow, too :D - too bad they took away phasewalk xD but I like the burst now and gosh darn no force reg Problems :)

I think Mercs should stay the way they are tbh. The reflect ability is pretty easy to spot and the moment it goes up, I just go to a different target and wait it out, then jump back. I've made many mercs/mandos back pedal super hard by just being patient, and that's with a Marauder.

Sin's are fun to go against. They have enough DCD's and CC's that actually beating one feels like an accomplishment. Though screw that piss puddle of doom ability sins have now. Never been parried so much before in my life.

So I'm not going to make some huge thread about this, but I'm genuinely confused. I've been PvPing since launch, first as an assasin dps/tank hybrid (The glory days amirite?) and then as a marauder (my main is now the marauder).

So here's what I need explained to me. How are Mercs OP? Everyone is complaining about mercs, yet I have more problems with assassins than I do with mercs. Everyone is complaining about mercs, and I just got yelled at in gen chat because I said mercs weren't OP, but I have yet to see anything Mercs have/can do that doesn't have an easy work around.

Someone help me understand this. Shouldn't we be complaining about how they took away our beloved stat of expertise instead? Is this because of an influx of new PvPers trying to grind out some easy CXP or is it genuinely a problem?

Merc are not OP just the 120k heal is OP there damage is fine 15 stack at 5% Remind me of

I typed up a long winded explanation, but I just deleted all of it. The reason is two-fold: 1) as someone who enjoys playing Mara, I'd rather not tip off the masses of FoTM reroll Mercs as to what they are doing wrong and have tons of electro-net continuously ruining my fun, 2) as someone who has been having a blast playing OP Arsenal Merc, I'd really prefer to not see it get nerfed. Ideally, it will stay as it is but not many people will know how to use it effectively. :D

I have a merc and commando. They are nice now. I understand how some people could perceive them as OP. I think they have a tiny bit too much defense atm. Especially if you are not another merc, Op, mara or sin. I can kill mercs no problem on those classes, but for classes with less burst mercs are a bit strong. Just a tick. Maybe reduce adrenaline rush to 60% life...