Utilities for mirror classes not in the same spot!

Benirons

This is a massive bummer for me.

I have all 8 classes both sides, and i respec a lot. Quite often the utilities r simply not in the same spot as the other side. The image is not always the same, so not worth remembering that. The perk is also called something else both sides so not a good way to go by either. The only thing that is consistent is the position of the perk.

Pls Pls for the love of all mighty holyness have the same kind of perk in the same spot for mirror classes. Of course imp side version should be default (eat it pubies!), but joke aside i dont care. Just pls have consistency.

I agree. I don't think names and icons have be the same as they reflect the story and lore of the class, but I do think equivalent utilities should be in identical positions. Also, umm... why can't we save Utility selections? This is software. I know it can save things, I've seen it!

And FOR THE LOVE OF THE DARK SIDE please please please let us save Quickbar setups, not just the layouts and keybindings, but the actual contents of each slot. It takes way to long during respec, especially on Operative from healer to dps. What's wrong with this picture: Quickbar layout save... check; Quickbar keybinding save... check; Discipline layout... hahaha enjoy your next 5 minutes tossing quickbar salad!

I agree. I don't think names and icons have be the same as they reflect the story and lore of the class, but I do think equivalent utilities should be in identical positions. Also, umm... why can't we save Utility selections? This is software. I know it can save things, I've seen it!

And FOR THE LOVE OF THE DARK SIDE please please please let us save Quickbar setups, not just the layouts and keybindings, but the actual contents of each slot.

Agree on all three suggestions, they would improve quality of life. :)

And FOR THE LOVE OF THE DARK SIDE please please please let us save Quickbar setups, not just the layouts and keybindings, but the actual contents of each slot. It takes way to long during respec, especially on Operative from healer to dps. What's wrong with this picture: Quickbar layout save... check; Quickbar keybinding save... check; Discipline layout... hahaha enjoy your next 5 minutes tossing quickbar salad!

Dang cant believe i didnt think of that!

I had all that QoL stuff in wildstar (cause we could mod it to our liking), would be a serious buff in contentment if we didnt have to drag abilities around so much....

Yep indeed, that would be helpful. I had that thought for quite some time already. I just lost hope they will ever adress this or things like this in general - there are MANY.

They are even overstrained to run the game on a very minimum level to justify the sub fee, much less caring for "old stuff" and fix things. I wish they did and had some love for detail and oversight about the games issues, also the long time ones, but they just don't. I guess manpower/financial issues.

Pls Pls for the love of all mighty holyness have the same kind of perk in the same spot for mirror classes.

Out of curiosity, what "spot" are you talking about? The spot in the skillbar, or the spot in your abilities list, or the spot in the utility menu, or what?

In any case, it sounds to me like you just want someone else to do the work for you. After all , it should be simple enough to take screen shots and mark locations, or have a spreadsheet or table, or even a plain old pencil and paper list.

And, of course, I would suggest you try to not re-spec so often. If you really, really, have to have a particular class with more than on spec, maker more than one character of that class. :rolleyes:

Edited by JediQuaker

Out of curiosity, what "spot" are you talking about? The spot in the skillbar, or the spot in your abilities list, or the spot in the utility menu, or what?

In any case, it sounds to me like you just want someone else to do the work for you. After all , it should be simple enough to take screen shots and mark locations, or have a spreadsheet or table, or even a plain old pencil and paper list.

And, of course, I would suggest you try to not re-spec so often. If you really, really, have to have a particular class with more than on spec, maker more than one character of that class. :rolleyes:

what are you talking about?

OP is asking for the exact same Utilities to be in the exact same order for mirror classes. For example, if my Scoundrel takes the "Back at Ya" legendary utility, it would be a great QOL improvement for the Operative to have the exact same utility in the same spot in the legendary utilities.

It's a reasonable request and TBH it should have been in place when we switched from Skill Trees to Utilities.

Agreed. Do this shizzle up BW, it's a good idea.

The perks in the utility selection window. The post below yours explains it spot on.

Why should I not respec often? WBs always needs heals. Ill be damned if I do my dailies in heal spec though. I q fps for both roles, whatever pops, pops. Having another of the same class for another spec is silly, monstrously time consuming and a waste of time. You must be one of those people who is in full 258 dps set, but cant respec heals for a lousy WB kill cause you never respecced.

Field respecialization is a legacy perk for a reason. A lot of players will end up doing dual roles by endgame on their mains. Even for pure dps classes there are times one spec is preferable to another one.

Do you have characters in more than 230 gear? Making an alt in the same class just to play one role means you need to do the insane gear grind for an entire extra set of left sides.

All my mains have gear for both roles, it's useful to be able to respec to what is needed on the character you want to play. (And MM que's pop a lot faster if you can que up as heals/dps or tank/dps).

On topic: yes, please put the mirror utility perks in the same spot, it makes no sense to have them in different places. I don't care about names, but location should be the same.

• 6 months later...