(What If?) Anakin was not Luke and Leia's father.

phaylis

What if the force manipulated the Midi-chlorians with Luke and Leia again to re create the balance that it created with Anikan, knowing it mistakenly created Darth Vader.

yes the force created anakin but it did not act by itself........

in swtor:darth plagueis they state that plagueis and palpatine reached out with the dark side and tipped the force scales to favor the dark side. and at that moment the force acted and made anakin to balance itself

so to answer the question i do not think luke and leia were born that way cause there was no dark side rituals happening that we know of to make it happen

If you have read the EU, Palpatine isn't dead for good after his trip down the reactor shaft.

Mara Jade doesn't think that was really Palpatine anyway... I prefer to think of him as an echo (tho I'd really prefer the whole Dark Empire saga be removed from the EU and placed in a bubble-universe, since it doesn't mesh well with the Thrawn Trilogy and the characterization doesn't really mesh with the rest of the EU)

What if the force manipulated the Midi-chlorians with Luke and Leia again to re create the balance that it created with Anikan, knowing it mistakenly created Darth Vader.

You need to make a CONSPIRACY KEANU REEVES image with this text.

thats the think though, the EU isnt canon to george lucas, and to george lucas, anakin brought balance to the force.

The EU is Canon because the man that Lucas hired to take care of Canon for him says it is. You don't seem to realize that George doesn't have any interest in what is and isn't Canon beyond the Clone Wars TV show and the movies, that's the only part of Canon he cares about, and as long as the rest of the Extended Universe conforms to that, he's fine leaving it where it is. That does not, however, mean that it is Non-Canon.

There's a rather interesting bit of canon where Darth Vader had a small guilt trip and begin having dreams about an alternate reality where he killed Palpatine while Windu had him cornered. Padme went on to give birth to a son they named Jinn and later went on to become Supreme Chancellor, while Anakin became the Jedi Grand Master.

I thought it was rather sad. Vader never really forgave himself for killing his wife. And until Luke showed up, he thought he had killed his unborn children as well. That being said, taking it out on the entire galaxy for nearly twenty years was a bit much.

Edited by Malles

I like to think of it as anakin smashing padme's back doors in and filling her with man fat.

In that way luke and leia are definately anakins.

The EU is Canon because the man that Lucas hired to take care of Canon for him says it is. You don't seem to realize that George doesn't have any interest in what is and isn't Canon beyond the Clone Wars TV show and the movies, that's the only part of Canon he cares about, and as long as the rest of the Extended Universe conforms to that, he's fine leaving it where it is. That does not, however, mean that it is Non-Canon.

for someon that quoted me directly you sure got what i said wrong. let me reiterate:

"The EU is not canon to George Lucas"

hence, your post, was unnecessary. you just agree with me because im right.

that is all.

Edited by Ricktur