Which Class should be Most popular?

xjaydub

Since people accociate OPness with class numbers in WZ. What class would you like to see percieved as OP?

which one? and dont say "even numbers" cause its never gonna happen. One class will be percieved as the funniest to play.

There is flawed logic in your argument but I'll ignore that for now.

Using your premise, most would say sorc/sage is OP because they're the most played class and certainly so in PVP.

However, that has been declining a lot lately and will even more so after 1.2 when they're getting gutted. Their healing is getting a major nerf and the popular hybrid spec is no longer.

The ones that most people cry for nerfs on now are sins/shadows and they've gotten no nerfs in 1.2 so they're probably next for OP king status.

But imo coming from a pvp perspective, classes are pretty well balanced. PVP'ers are notoriously whiny QQ creatures who cry about whatever beat them last regardless of reason. This is nothing new to MMO's and 99% of it should be disregarded.

Edited by jblazen

Marauders are OP as hell. High damage, a bunch of defensive cooldowns, and a good amount of utility as well(Healing debuff, group speed, group damage increase). Honestly the best class in the game. Makes it hard for me to play my alts.

There is flawed logic in your argument but I'll ignore that for now.

Using your premise, most would say sorc/sage is OP because they're the most played class and certainly so in PVP.

However, that has been declining a lot lately and will even more so after 1.2 when they're getting gutted. Their healing is getting a major nerf and the popular hybrid spec is no longer.

The ones that most people cry for nerfs on now are sins/shadows and they've gotten no nerfs in 1.2 so they're probably next for OP king status.

But imo coming from a pvp perspective, classes are pretty well balanced. PVP'ers are notoriously whiny QQ creatures who cry about whatever beat them last regardless of reason. This is nothing new to MMO's and 99% of it should be disregarded.

I partly disagree.

You say

PVP'ers are notoriously whiny QQ creatures who cry about whatever beat them last regardless of reason
but thats EXACTLY why a class that is considered OP because theyre most unevenly represented class in the game as well.

you flame the so called qqers for voicing their discontent over the class yet you embrace the ones who reroll it because they too AGREE with the QQers thats the class is OP they just chose to be the lames who rerolled for the sake of maintaing the advantage.

come 1.2 you will see dozens of rerolls, dozens of QQers that they cant achieve the sucess they had befor - not because their class has been made underpowered, but b/c what lead to their skill was the abilities that were gone.

Same for OP, commando and merc.

I have more respect for a good jugg pvper then i ever will for a proclaimed good sorc/merc/commando pvper. And anyone who has played the low represented classes in pvp youll completely understand the struggle those classes have to go through to stay level with these other one dimensional classes.

just a question of curiousity. Jugg and sin are suppose to be classes that are similar in style and play with lore differences. But their mechanic abilities (dps tank) compliment each other. So why was it Sin's execute(finish blow due to low hp) is 30% and juggs was 20%? and it took til 1.2 for them to notice or i should say "change" jugg to 30% as well.

Edited by LeonkRAV

Same for OP, commando and merc.

You are seriously delusional if you think mers are OP. I can only assume you mean Arsenal (TM/GR). If you think we're OP now, just wait until we have pyro PPA proccing 75% of the time. From what I hear on PTR, it's a buff to damage output.

P.S. If you ever lose to an Arsenal merc 1v1 as melee, you are terrible at this game.

Edited by crrypto

You are seriously delusional if you think mers are OP. I can only assume you mean Arsenal (TM/GR). If you think we're OP now, just wait until we have pyro PPA proccing 75% of the time. From what I hear on PTR, it's a buff to damage output.

P.S. If you ever lose to an Arsenal merc 1v1 as melee, you are terrible at this game.

Thats the problem with people like you. you dont see the big the picture. you paint a scene that supports your claim. You dont look at the general purposes of the thing they do. CLEARLY in their data and log, when they look up merc/cammdo. all the see is tracer, tracer,tracer.tracer.tracer x a mil. This leads to to the thinking, well are mercs using anything else? Why are majority mercs arsenal?? We dont want a class in the game that is so one dimensional and successful at the same time. We need to make this class more indepth, have to work more to achieve success.

and the notion everyone makes is, well if you lose to an arsenal merc 1v1 as melee you are terrible at this game? so am i to believe that arsenal merc spec is SOOOO ATROCIOUS that nobody could possiblylose to one?

You know how dumb that sounds?

Tracer missle spam is OP, and abused. THATS why they are changing. When you get the logs, and data and performance and post then ill consider youre claim. Til then, im going to stick with the professionals claims.

Class representation =/= OP'ness.

I think sorc's were considered OP for a number of reasons, none of them due to any true OP ability or dmg. Utility, an ability to take advantage of a hybrid spec (design flaw) and lots of sorc's make it seem they're OP. Play one and they're really not, at least not anymore than any other class in the hands of a competent player.

But I do stand by the argument about MMO PVP'ers are an incredibly whiny, emotional bunch who cry more than any other subset of the genre. Perception is reality and that generates QQ and misconceptions. True reality and verifiable data is another story altogether.

What will be interesting is to see how many sorc's continue to PVP after 1.2. I know I will even though it will be more difficult and I will have to adapt to a new playstyle but that's what's fun about the buff/nerf cycle. Change is good.

Thats the problem with people like you. you dont see the big the picture. you paint a scene that supports your claim. You dont look at the general purposes of the thing they do. CLEARLY in their data and log, when they look up merc/cammdo. all the see is tracer, tracer,tracer.tracer.tracer x a mil. This leads to to the thinking, well are mercs using anything else? Why are majority mercs arsenal?? We dont want a class in the game that is so one dimensional and successful at the same time. We need to make this class more indepth, have to work more to achieve success.

and the notion everyone makes is, well if you lose to an arsenal merc 1v1 as melee you are terrible at this game? so am i to believe that arsenal merc spec is SOOOO ATROCIOUS that nobody could possiblylose to one?

You know how dumb that sounds?

Tracer missle spam is OP, and abused. THATS why they are changing. When you get the logs, and data and performance and post then ill consider youre claim. Til then, im going to stick with the professionals claims.

Yeah.... The one class that can be completely shut down at will by 3/8 classes in the game is overpowered... Right.

Tracer Missile isn't fun to play, it isn't fun to play against, and it's too easily shut down, which is why the class is changing. DPS Mercs are by far the least valuable class on any team, and any competent rated team will avoid them to the furthest extent possible.

Shadows / assassins are op, a class thats both tank and dps and can dps as well as the best dps class is definatelly op

If they dont nerf it ill surelly hang my sentinel and roll a shadow

Shadows / assassins are op, a class thats both tank and dps and can dps as well as the best dps class is definatelly op

If they dont nerf it ill surelly hang my sentinel and roll a shadow

A hybrid Shadow can't come close to doing the dmg of a marauder or sniper, not good ones anyway.

Easily Mercs. They're easy to take down 1 vs 1 but when they're launching tracer missiles in a crowd and there's sometimes more than one of them it's just hopeless.

I have in numerous Huttball games now had two enemy Mercs camping mid as if they were stationary missile launchers and it's just ridiculous. The whole "work as a team" is not a valid excuse for their OP'ness because pretty much every game has atleast 4 pugs and people are spread out over the map in an attempt to stop the ball carrier or score. It is impossible to go for a ball respawn when half of my team is back at the goal line and those two mercs are just sitting there.

I can interrupt one and CC the other but the CC will quickly be broken and I want to see the player who can control two Mercs and not die in 5 secs.

Now, I'm not saying that one should be able to take them down but I can't think of any other class that can be as successful by spamming one button and in such short amount of time. I definitely do not understand how people can argue that Sorcs are OP when pretty much every game I'm in has a BH in the top DPS position. I can promise that everyone in here will be able to endure two sorcs for quite some time due to their lack of high crits.

Edited by MidichIorian

A hybrid Shadow can't come close to doing the dmg of a marauder or sniper, not good ones anyway.

Sure but if you add the survivability and stealthiness the shadow can most definatelly kill a 17k sentinel before the sentinel can kill the 15k shadow

In Pve obviously a sentinel would be much better but this is a pvp discussion

Sure but if you add the survivability and stealthiness the shadow can most definatelly kill a 17k sentinel before the sentinel can kill the 15k shadow

You know nothing of Sentinels.... Sentinels are the only class that Shadows don't look overpowered when compared against.

Not true at all. Marauders have and excessive amount of defensive cooldonws. 1 v 1 the shadow wouldn't stand a chance.

Not true at all. Marauders have and excessive amount of defensive cooldonws. 1 v 1 the shadow wouldn't stand a chance.

A good shadow is the only thing a sentinel fears, a tank shadow in dps gear specially

A good powertech is far more scary. Shadow is a joke for me.

Maybe depends on your spec and combat rotation, gear, etc

I use watchman and only been killed once by a 20+ hp powertech when i was like a 16k sentinel, i still remember i almost had him dead but couldnt finish him off, but i have been killed more numerous times by assasins

I havent played more pvp at illum after the last patch so i guess my info could be a little outdated

I still looks a shadow tanks with dps gear as my only worry but i guess that could change after 1.2

Maybe depends on your spec and combat rotation, gear, etc

I use watchman and only been killed once by a 20+ hp powertech when i was like a 16k sentinel, i still remember i almost had him dead but couldnt finish him off, but i have been killed more numerous times by assasins

I havent played more pvp at illum after the last patch so i guess my info could be a little outdated

I still looks a shadow tanks with dps gear as my only worry but i guess that could change after 1.2

After 1.2 we will be gods. Pretty much every other class got nerfed.