Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khiriath's Avatar


Khiriath
11.17.2015 , 01:35 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Why would they do that? Everyone on the server is affected equally so delaying or repeating the conquest won't help. One day delay won't break the whole conquest week.
In fact, since they posted the schedule early this time, players expected it to be definite and planned their playing time/vacation days around it. Changing the schedule now will cause more problems than a maintenance that lasted a few hours longer than usually.
Because for EU players its already approaching late evening, and there is, as yet, no idea when servers are going to come back online. So EU players are going to lose an entire day. Whereas NA players will probably still be on at prime time.
Payen<Eternal Serenity> Red Eclipse Pay'en<Eternal Insanity>

For free stuff, including server transfer, feel free to click my referral link.

Obiwhankurr's Avatar


Obiwhankurr
11.17.2015 , 01:37 PM | #92
Houston we appear to be patching!

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
11.17.2015 , 01:37 PM | #93
Client patching issues you say?
My client (non-streaming) updated many hours ago. Can't you bring the servers up for me?
Here is a referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H579Bl
Be you newbie, subscriber or old-hand - we both get free things if you click me!
7 days of free subscription, a free character transfer & a bundle of free unlocks

Khiriath's Avatar


Khiriath
11.17.2015 , 01:39 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by zhandao View Post
For one thing, 5AM-9AM PST = 1PM-5PM GMT, which is basically work hours for Europeans.

Whereas 5AM is NOT work hours for (West Coast) Americans.

Now if you want them to do things even earlier, then you'd be seeing Bioware employees working at like 3AM.

Unless you want to shell out money for Bioware to move to Europe, then I can't see what you're complaining about.
Since they are segregated servers, in which you can't even transfer players btwn Europe and North America, they should be able to have separate maintenance times as well. That way they don't so negatively affect their European player base.
Payen<Eternal Serenity> Red Eclipse Pay'en<Eternal Insanity>

For free stuff, including server transfer, feel free to click my referral link.

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
11.17.2015 , 01:39 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Khiriath View Post
Because for EU players its already approaching late evening, and there is, as yet, no idea when servers are going to come back online. So EU players are going to lose an entire day. Whereas NA players will probably still be on at prime time.
Like I wrote, not a problem. NA users play on NA servers, Europeans play on EU servers. So even if Europe has one less day to do conquest, this is not a problem because conquest is only a server-wide competition. Why care if NA has more time to contribute to conquest if they are no competitiion for your server?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Khiriath's Avatar


Khiriath
11.17.2015 , 01:41 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Like I wrote, not a problem. NA users play on NA servers, Europeans play on EU servers. So even if Europe has one less day to do conquest, this is not a problem because conquest is only a server-wide competition. Why care if NA has more time to contribute to conquest if they are no competitiion for your server?
Its not about which guild wins. Its about having sufficient time to complete individual conquest goals. I can already tell you which guilds will win on my server, its the same 5 guilds that have won every conquest since they launched conquest a year ago.

What many of us on European servers are concerned about are getting the individual achievement and completing our own conquest goals, which this puts a major dent in.
Payen<Eternal Serenity> Red Eclipse Pay'en<Eternal Insanity>

For free stuff, including server transfer, feel free to click my referral link.

Taraq's Avatar


Taraq
11.17.2015 , 01:42 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by zhandao View Post
For one thing, 5AM-9AM PST = 1PM-5PM GMT, which is basically work hours for Europeans.

Whereas 5AM is NOT work hours for (West Coast) Americans.

Now if you want them to do things even earlier, then you'd be seeing Bioware employees working at like 3AM.

Unless you want to shell out money for Bioware to move to Europe, then I can't see what you're complaining about.
Thank you, i felt embarrassed for being european when i read KrukPL's post.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
11.17.2015 , 01:44 PM | #98
This is a long downtime, what happens? Does the companions fight back, they do not want to be nerfed?

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
11.17.2015 , 01:44 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Khiriath View Post
Its not about which guild wins. Its about having sufficient time to complete individual conquest goals. I can already tell you which guilds will win on my server, its the same 5 guilds that have won every conquest since they launched conquest a year ago.

What many of us on European servers are concerned about are getting the individual achievement and completing our own conquest goals, which this puts a major dent in.
Don't worry, this week it is very easy to reach the goal. There are plenty of one-time flashpoints that give you points, and just crafting a single conquest material will get you nearly halfway to the goal. There are way more difficult conquest weeks than Revenge of the Revanites.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Divona's Avatar


Divona
11.17.2015 , 01:47 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
This is a long downtime, what happens? Does the companions fight back, they do not want to be nerfed?
No companions started boycoting and resist back what Bioware did not see coming.
The Division Dev:
I will say this. Video games have a business side as well as the creative side. This is necessary to function and only time will tell what the future of the game is.