Enough with the skimpy gear already.

GrimAce

Vanguards running around in bikinis makes me cringe

I think they should add bacta tanks on fleet filled with various bikini and relaxed outfit characters each with severe blaster burns, lacerations, blunt traumas.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-game just now, I saw a Commando (huge gun on her back and all) with her Elara companion out, both decked out in the bikinis.

It looks absolutely absurd.

There is no way in this universe that is anything but a teenage kid or a very immature adult.

Probably true, but you can't dictate to others what they find entertaining. Well, you can try, but you'll just end up frustrated.

Probably true, but you can't dictate to others what they find entertaining. Well, you can try, but you'll just end up frustrated.

Lies!!! All lies, I say! You will like this post and you will like it immediately, if not sooner!

There, I don't feel at all frustrated :rak_03:

Vanguards running around in bikinis makes me cringe

I think they should add bacta tanks on fleet filled with various bikini and relaxed outfit characters each with severe blaster burns, lacerations, blunt traumas.

But...smugglers and force users always wear normal clothes! Don't you watch the movies? Only Troopers and Bounty Hunters wore heavy armor, and they always die from one blaster shot!

But...smugglers and force users always wear normal clothes! Don't you watch the movies? Only Troopers and Bounty Hunters wore heavy armor, and they always die from one blaster shot!

Which begs the question...who designed/does the maintenance on all the equipment the heavy armor users from the movies use? 'Cause not only is their armor defective as all heck, their blasters are clearly beyond borked since they never seem to be able to actually hit anything.

Unless it's Han and Luke rescuing Leia while in stormtrooper disguise...funny how that works :o

Which begs the question...who designed/does the maintenance on all the equipment the heavy armor users from the movies use? 'Cause not only is their armor defective as all heck, their blasters are clearly beyond borked since they never seem to be able to actually hit anything.

Unless it's Han and Luke rescuing Leia while in stormtrooper disguise...funny how that works :o

You mean the part where they break out Leia in the jail and they arent wearing their helmets? the scene before that when Luke, Han and Chewie (in restraints) are waiting for the elevator (when they have their helmets on) what was it that Luke said to Han as they were getting on the elevator? =O

Edited by swtonewbie

Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.

Or you could just look away and not worry about it.

You know, the same thing you do in real life when someone wears something that offends your sensibilities?

:D

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

• 6 months later...

THIS.

(Well, except for the 13 year olds part and no demand part. There's demand. Just not from me.) :)

I just want pieces that are a middle ground. I don't mind people wanting things to be modest or things to be skimpy... but why can't there be a V-neck once in a while (that doesn't have some kind of collar)? We have all the way to the neckline (or higher), and we have skimpy. I'd just love in between. Preferably without some odd belly plate (elegant/luxurious dress *cough*) or other attachments (aspiring knight leg dangly things), but I'll take what I can get.

~IRL female, market full of clothes and nothing to wear...

Look, I know back early on post release there was an outcry for more 'sexy' gear (for males especially), and it's awesome that you guys are listening to community demands, but enough is enough.

We've gotten to the point where this stuff is seriously oversaturated, and introducing more items of a similar nature - or a different colour - just isn't worth it right now. And on the rare occasion we do get a new model for armor involving even an inch of exposed flesh, it's way too excessive. Where are simple low-cut tops, or v-neck shirts? Maybe even just a tunic with short sleeves, or a halter top look chestpiece instead? We're not all hormonal 13 year olds, but more variety can be done with showing skin then what we've currently got, and in more creative ways that might actually find some circulation in the in-game market. 15 odd pages of dancer's gear pieces should be indicative that we're just not interested in any more of this gear right now - there's no demand for it.

Edited by chibiseira

It's me searching for an issue I have and finding a thread already exists so why start my own? Not like it's been fixed in the last 6 months.

Well judging by your post you would have better luck making a thread asking for what you want in the suggestion or cartel market suggestion forums instead of necroing a thread.

Can do. Hadn't looked for those. My forum etiquette must not be up to date. :) *shrug*

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=706702 <- better? :)

Well judging by your post you would have better luck making a thread asking for what you want in the suggestion or cartel market suggestion forums instead of necroing a thread.
Edited by chibiseira

there's no demand for it.

Obviously there is a demand, quite a large one. And it's not just the men putting there female companions in it, or playing female characters in it, quite wierdly some women actually put their characters in it (yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)

Heavy armour restricts movement, which affects fine aiming (like the side of a barn), and those helmets restrict vision too.

As for the manufacture and maintenance of said armour, I believe it's done by Acme Armour Limited, a branch of the same company that manufactures Wiley Coyote's equipment.

Obviously there is a demand, quite a large one. And it's not just the men putting there female companions in it, or playing female characters in it, quite wierdly some women actually put their characters in it (yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)

Why is it weird that real women put their characters in revealing clothes? You do realize lots of women dress revealingly in real life right?

I personally don't use the extreme bikinis, but I don't mind revealing clothes at all. I wish the designs would stop being so excessively skimpy though. I think it's worth pointing out that the classic Slave Leia bikini is downright modest compared to just how much shows in the SWTOR bikinis. This is the only game I've ever played with underboob on nearly every revealing chest.

I like a lot of the non-adaptive revealing chest armor that is more modest in that it covers the way a sports bra would.

But mostly I wish they'd add "normal" levels of revealing, i.e. more short skirts, shirts that cover the stomach but are low cut, etc. Even the corset they added (which I love) is excessively low cut... it's like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

In short, revealing isn't bad, but the art team takes it to this crazy extreme...

(yes, actual women, which is why I said wierdly)

Weirdly, some men put their male characters in skimpy clothes.

GOSH.

Has it occurred to you that a) lesbians and bisexual women play this game and b) women don't always dress themselves up for men.

Also, the latest dress does look ludicrous and uncomfortable - it's resting just above the n*pples, looks ike it'll fall down any second. Not to mention the male version looks moronic. What did they say "Uhh, you can't put him in a dress! He might look gay!"

Some guys like to show their (virtual) assets too.

I know, we have a weak and dwindling cultural taboo against it, because showing off your body, instead of your achievements is usually seen as a woman-thing and may therefore be seen as unmanly, but it really is outdated.

Be out and proud. :)

It's me searching for an issue I have and finding a thread already exists so why start my own? Not like it's been fixed in the last 6 months.

That's because there is nothing to fix. People like you just exaggerate because you don't like what others like.

Look at the last cartel pack for example. Why cartel packs? Well because that's where the vast majority of all moddable gear comes from.

So let's look at the opportunist's bounty back: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/12/swtor-opportunists-bounty-pack-contents/

Look at it. How much of this is too skimpy? I dare say none of it.

Then let's take the one before it. The Tracker's bounty pack. http://dulfy.net/2013/10/15/swtor-trackers-bounty-pack-contents/

Look at it. Two dancer outfits and another that you could argue. And 8 that are not.

Honestly, the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy at all. If you think you see too many skimpy outfits around you from other player's characters. Well, then that means that you are in a minority and you don't get to dictate what others can and cannot wear. You don't have that right.

And no, I don't use skimpy outfits much myself. Hardly at all. But the fact is that the vast majority of gear that comes out is not skimpy and therefore you are simply talking nonesense. If you think there's too much of it on the fleet then you simply need to realise that a lot of people will choose that sort of thing even when there are other options.

Sorry but you don't get to impose your morals on others. I think BW has done enough to allow you to dress up the way you want as much as others get their choices. If you are not tolerant of other people's choices in that you shouldn't play an MMO. It's a given that you'll run into a lot of people who don't share your standards, whatever they may be.

Dancer and Slave outfits are female-only, mind, hardly fair.

Well there is that I suppose. I do wonder what BW has to balance in this entire equation though. I sometimes thing that even though it's not fair they do have to consider certain traditional views as to not to get too much flack. And where do you draw the line.

Sure there are a few people here who would probably like dancer outfits for male characters but before we start throwing around words like prejudice there is the simple reality that they would only put effort in something that would be interesting to enough people. And I honestly don't know but it could be that there aren't that many people who really want dancer outfits for male characters. But if I look at this game 18 months ago and now, there are tons of options there didn't used to be, including bare chested males. The female characters still get a boring bra-like cloth contraption so even though they can wear it, it's not really useful for female characters.

My point is that there are options and the skimpy gear is still a minority and no matter how BW respond to the issue, there will be a thread to complain about it.