TRE - Server Lag Spikes on afternoon's

NeverLoseFaith

Dear BW,

Last 2 - 3 days I am experiencing huge Lag Spikes on afternoon's. From 75 MS I am going to 150 and then sometines on 1k+. Today I've even got DC'd for like 3 secs. I would like to mention that I have contacted my Internet Provider and run some Speedtests like 2 days now. It is pure Server problem.

Server: The Red Eclipse

Edited by NeverLoseFaith

It's the weekend so will not get a response today or tomorrow and in most cases a response would come from another player.

In regards to the issue, this issue can exist anywhere between your computer and the server. Just because you may not have any ISP issues doesn't mean it's a server issue. It's not a straight shot and can exist anywhere in the network of servers your computer takes to get the BW Servers.

What I would recommend doing is to grab http://www.pingplotter.com and run this to the servers when playing and see what it graphs. Allow it to run for at least 5 - 10 min to get a good amount of data graphed This graph can be saved as a JPG and upload the results to the Answers HQ page or imgur and linked in the same page as well.

If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28

If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252

If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

Also don't run a standard traceroute as that will only provide a snapshot of the current moment and not necessarily get the right data. Pringplotter graphs a whole time frame and as I mentioned at least 5 - 10 minutes especially when it happens.

Also for future reference as per the Bug Report Usage here

Tech Support:

Answers HQ: Answers HQ is a great resource for people with technical support or other general game needs. It is staffed by the Answers HQ Community Team, the Answers HQ Champions and Heroes for SWTOR are very active, and include the likes of long-time forum help giver OwenBrooks (who can be found on AHQ as Proxos666).

Customer Support: The SWTOR Customer Support team is ready and available for any support needs. You can find all of their contact information and the best way to contact for your type of issue here: https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-support/