Rocket Pods are they broken?

Yaseiko

For some reason no matter how accurate I am with these things they just pass right through everything doing no damage? How can you hit and run with these things if they doing nothing. Edited by Yaseiko

Are you guys sure you're talking about the same rockets here? They all work differently. The heatseeking ones requires you to target for a certain amount of time then it beeps and you can let go and fire off the rocket. The others work like the blaster, you need to aim them. Edited by Hendar

I usually just aim at the same "lead" circle that I aim my laser canons at. Or you can just aim right at the ship itself. The firing arc for the pods is pretty small in the default base load out. This can be upgraded but it never gets too large.

There is no lock on for these. But be careful because you only get like 20 of these to start with and if you spam fire them too quickly your are left with only blasters. At least until you are killed/Kamikaze for a re-spawn with full ammo again.

Edited by drwcroaker

With concussion missiles and other heat seeking weapons, once you achieve lock (i.e. It repeatedly beeps very fast while the targeting reticule is flashing) you fire by letting go of the button. If at any point your target drifts out of your arc, or you let go of the button, the timer is reset and you have to start over.

Even then, if the target is on the ball, they can boost out of range or lose the lock by pulling an evasion maneuver, so it's not a guaranteed hit even when you launch. They are not the easiest things to use, but man are they pretty when they do land. :)