SWG players, give up the ghost.

ZionHalcyon

However, the issue here is that SWTOR is not SWG, and many SWG vets are dogging this update for NOT being just like SWGs system. The constant comparisons are completely unfair. Yes, both were Star Wars, but one was a sandbox mmo, and the other is a theme park mmo. 2 different genres, and you can't just make one the other.

Yet you listen to the ex-SWG vets, and all they can do is to be mad that SWTOR isn't a sandbox. Their requests would be far more valid in the forums of another sandbox mmo.

I may be an 8 year vet of SWG but, just because I think grinding out millions of credits to unlock existing rooms in a house that's a carbon copy (in it's own isolated instance/world) of everyone else's house is a bad idea.. that doesn't mean that I want a copy of SWG's housing. there have been more than a few people who pointed that out to you.

as far as player housing goes, player housing in MMO's is about variety and choice. MMo's all around are about variety and choice. I'm not asking for a sandbox but SOME type of choice in any type of direction would be nice. Want a house? here ya go... PVP- Your minigame is that way. PvE- your minigame is that way. Space? here's your ship, your minigame is that way. No incentive? here's some higher rated armor.. now go back and grind out yet another suit from the same minigames and flashpoints/operations you already ground out 15 suits in.

BW would do well to learn at least a few things from SWG as well as many other MMO's. I mean.. don't even get me started on planetary "conquest".

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish we could let SWG die already...

It was a decent game, it had problems, the servers shut down.

SWG did some things well, it did many things poorly.

Bottom line? It is gone for a reason, a successful game doesn't just shut down and go away because it has been around a while. However a game that is losing money and subscribers does.

Sorry, I'm not nostalgic for SWG. I'm glad it's gone.

I would like some of the Armor/cloths etc to make a comeback, but not the game itself.

Unfortunately SWG fanboys are some of the most diehard people around and they will still be claiming it was the best game ever 30 years from now.

Edited by RiVaN_