Easiest survival class?

LeeMerriman

I figure surviving is easiest in leveling/flashpoints as a tank (Tanks absorb damage, etc) but if I'm wrong, correct me.

I'm looking for a class that doesn't rely on a bunch of procs and a hundred different skills to survive (Marauder only survives with Quinn, which is something else I don't like .. Unless I roll BH/Trooper)

TLDR I hurd PT has passive survivability, easiest class to survive when playing? Yes/no?

Yeah Powertech is really good. Maurder i found really easy but then again i have it dps spec with a dps companion and nothing lives long enough to be a challenge. The biggest thing is keep it on or slightly above level for the content your doing . Mixing some pvp ( do the daily) with the odd flashpoint and doing all the quests will easily give it to you. Dont know what kind of character your playing or like to play. Id say in terms of surviving from what i have seen Powertech would be highest they get great amount of damage and tanking in one package. Assassin after they get their tank stance speced for tanking does a good job too. Or just for something different heal spec Agent as that way you have like the assassin stealth to get around easier and healing mixed with good dps comapnion and the agent dps can do pretty good.

I wouldnt pass up the Shadow/Assassin tank spec, the ability to sneak pass pointless trash mobs while leveling to get to that quest mob is an absolute godsend and something I truly miss when I'm leveling my gunslinger or sentinel.

I wouldnt pass up the Shadow/Assassin tank spec, the ability to sneak pass pointless trash mobs while leveling to get to that quest mob is an absolute godsend and something I truly miss when I'm leveling my gunslinger or sentinel.

Yeah, but assassin tanks take a while to develop compared to others, get their healing companion late (unless you actually want to use annoying droid), and have lots of procs/buffs to watch for. Though once you get your abilities, they get pretty beastly, able to tackle things and walk away with near full health thanks to the heals, allowing them to use DPS companions and still have squat for downtime.

PT, on the other hand, is a lot more straightforward and you get Mako as your first companion.

Edited by Battilea

Yeah, but assassin tanks take a while to develop compared to others, get their healing companion late (unless you actually want to use annoying droid), and have lots of procs/buffs to watch for. Though once you get your abilities, they get pretty beastly, able to tackle things and walk away with near full health thanks to the heals, allowing them to use DPS companions and still have squat for downtime.

PT, on the other hand, is a lot more straightforward and you get Mako as your first companion.

Agree with the development, they're really boring to play till you get to lvl 40.

But if you roll Shadow, you get your healing companion on Nar Shadaar. I don't really call two "alot of procs". The only one you really have to watch out for is Particle Accelerate (or its assassin equivalent). Harness shadows (or its assassin equivalent) is predictable so you don't have to watch for it.