Story line companion on ossus just standing there, wont attack or heal at times.

darkwarrior_

Will randomly attack a mob of npc on Ossus and my Anri companion just stands there doing nothing like she is on passive but even when I hit the attack button nothing happens, no rhyme or reason from my point of view for this happening.

It happens on every planet, not just Ossus.

1. This is a huge problem and ruins gameplay.

2. Using passive on and off all the time is no solution. It does not improve ruined gameplay and only makes it worse.

3. Trying to carry your comp to within 30 meters of any enemy you may want to attack, and making sure you take no subsequent action during the battle that pushes your comp >30 meters away from the fight, is no solution to ruined gameplay and only makes things worse.

4. Not using ranged companions at all, because they are hopelessly broken, is no solution to ruined gameplay.

The only partial solution I've found is to use the companion #1 cooldown attack (default ctrl 3) instead of basiic attack when instructing the companion to engage an enemy. This attack works properly and the companion will trot off and take care of business like it's supposed to no matter how far away the enemy is. But this is no solution for the companion freezing out of the battle as it progresses because you've used force leap or scamper or enter a room or run around a building or whatever.

The only total solution I can think of is to quit playing until they fix this. That's the direction I'm heading.

As someone who finds the game ridiculously easy (for various reasons) I actually can sometimes enjoy having to micro-manage the companions.

Personally, all of my main characters (6 or so) have at least 2 influence level 50 companions, and at least one is a "ranged" companion and one is a "melee" companion (Lana is a good choice). Even in spite of the comp-not-doing-anything bug, it is also good to have both types because of the various sorts of AOEs/attacks that different enemies do.

For example, some foes will use AOE type attacks where some companions will tend to sit in the "red circle" and die. In that case you can put the comp on passive long enough for them to move out of the AOE or use a melee comp that stays close to the enemy.

Conversely, some foes use AOEs around themselves, and then a ranged companion is better.

In any case there are sometimes areas where the companions don't seem to want to enter unless you summon them (by putting them on passive) or you go in far enough for them to wake up and follow you.

Most of my "preferred" companions happen to be "ranged", but I will switch to a melee if desired. I've often been in veteran FPs where one member will DC and/or quit and in those cases a melee companion (healer) usually works best, especially if there is tank or melee DPS.

Edited by JediQuaker