SWTOR and Book

laurosoto

Hello all i was wondering something i Read on General Chat that SWTOR "Lore" or some of it was based off a book ? is this true if so i was wondering 2 thing did the books come out before or after the game ? and also does anyone has a link to those books ?(to buy or read i dont mind ) ?

Hmm not quite thats just an encyclopedia i meant a book to read the Lore as other book like Timothy Zahn books ( PLEASE DONT focus on the author im just giving an example) i meant more about Read this book if you dont wana know the lore and just focus on gameplay (again just an example)

Hmm not quite thats just an encyclopedia i meant a book to read the Lore as other book like Timothy Zahn books ( PLEASE DONT focus on the author im just giving an example) i meant more about Read this book if you dont wana know the lore and just focus on gameplay (again just an example)
OK so I assume you mean a novel of some kind, like a story?

OK, well there are quite a few novels written around the game. I'll lay they out chronologically:

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan - this is basically about the heroes from KOTOR I & 2 and explains a bit about what happens after these games and before SWTOR, it also ties into Revan's reappearance in game.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance - this takes place a little bit before the games Prologue and focuses on Satele Shan and a few other characters who don't actually appear in game.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived - this is focused around Darth Malgus.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation - this is set a little after the games storyline and follow's up on some of the games events, its focused on Darth Malgus' apprentice and Satele Shan's son.

There are a few short stories as well but this basically makes up the bulk of it. You should be able to find them all on Amazon or something. Hope that helps!

@Beniboybling or anyone i know this is a long shot but still i wana ask , is there a novel focusing in the actual events like they give the "Jedi Knight " a name and he does everything we do but in a novel ? , sorry this is a longshot and yes im a little bit on the JK lore / novel . anyway thanks

@Beniboybling or anyone i know this is a long shot but still i wana ask , is there a novel focusing in the actual events like they give the "Jedi Knight " a name and he does everything we do but in a novel ? , sorry this is a longshot and yes im a little bit on the JK lore / novel . anyway thanks
I'm afraid not, the JK hasn't appeared in any novels yet, or any other classes. Probably because they don't want to define gender and whatnot.

Revan ties in closest with the JK story though.

No, not yet. I think they're going to stay away from canonizing the class stories (at least for now) so they can give players the freedom of playing out each character's stories as they want without feeling like they're "wrong".

If anything they could give the characters the "Shepard treatment", where all references made to the class characters in the supplementary material will be both clear enough that we'll know who and what they're talking about, but also vague enough that it fits regardless of the choices we made.

No, not yet. I think they're going to stay away from canonizing the class stories (at least for now) so they can give players the freedom of playing out each character's stories as they want without feeling like they're "wrong".

If anything they could give the characters the "Shepard treatment", where all references made to the class characters in the supplementary material will be both clear enough that we'll know who and what they're talking about, but also vague enough that it fits regardless of the choices we made.

That's how they handled Revan for years until the novel and the "definitive" appearance in this game. While KotOR II let you tell the game what "your" Revan was like, the Knights of the Old Republic comic and other sources kept his appearance and even gender ambiguous.

I'm guessing the same will be done for all the characters here until after the game itself is discontinued.

Edited by DarthDymond

This is just second hand information, so I may be completely wrong, but i hear one of the novels makes a reference to Darth Nox, which would make the canon SI Dark side, not that anyone seriously thought it wouldn't be.

This is just second hand information, so I may be completely wrong, but i hear one of the novels makes a reference to Darth Nox, which would make the canon SI Dark side, not that anyone seriously thought it wouldn't be.

That novel is Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihiliation.

As far as SWTOR game based stories are concerned, all of them have been canonized in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia. Even genders of "playable characters" have been hinted in the same book, not explicitly mentioned but hinted.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

That novel is Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihiliation.

As far as SWTOR game based stories are concerned, all of them have been canonized in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia. Even genders of "playable characters" have been hinted in the same book, not explicitly mentioned but hinted.

Are we sure that Nox is in fact mentioned in this novel? I can't seem to find any trace of it, nor any trace of him supposedly being "the weakest member" as many claim.

Are we sure that Nox is in fact mentioned in this novel? I can't seem to find any trace of it, nor any trace of him supposedly being "the weakest member" as many claim.

I was wondering the same thing, I had completed my SI playthrough as Darth Occlus before I read Annihilation, so I think I would have remembered seeing a different SI ending being canonized in it.

I admit I may have just missed it, but I thought I specifically noted not seeing any reference to any of the SI names when Marr is talking about/to other Dark Council members.

I was wondering the same thing, I had completed my SI playthrough as Darth Occlus before I read Annihilation, so I think I would have remembered seeing a different SI ending being canonized in it.

I admit I may have just missed it, but I thought I specifically noted not seeing any reference to any of the SI names when Marr is talking about/to other Dark Council members.

Indeed and a while back I did a search on my Kindle of Nox, Sphere of Ancient Knowledge etc. and looked over all the Council scenes in the book. I found nothing. Yet there is a reference on Nox's Wookieepedia page...

Yet there is a reference on Nox's Wookieepedia page...

It's an "indirect mention only" entry - which means it's probably a reference to "After Darth Thanaton was defeated" or "Darth Thanaton's successor" - something like that which obliquely references to the SI's actions/position without actually naming him/her.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, just Marr thinking about how much "turnover" the Dark Council's had lately might be enough for someone to say "oh, that includes SI taking over for Thanaton" and throw it in as a cite on the wiki.

Edited by DarthDymond

It's an "indirect mention only" entry - which means it's probably a reference to "After Darth Thanaton was defeated" or "Darth Thanaton's successor" - something like that which obliquely references to the SI's actions/position without actually naming him/her.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, just Marr thinking about how much "turnover" the Dark Council's had lately might be enough for someone to say "oh, that includes SI taking over for Thanaton" and throw it in as a cite on the wiki.

Probably.