Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very strong Vanguard dps hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Very strong Vanguard dps hybrid

Sunsoar
02.15.2012 , 03:12 PM | #91
Here is a spec I have been playing around with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...boMZMsZfhboz.1

Close range burst is awesome:

Been starting with Incen Round, followed by HIB and SS.

Fill with some Ion Bursts.

Chill in Plasma cell.

Try it out and let me know what you think. I have been playing around with builds and I find not having Charge sucks. So I built a build and been having a blast with it in warzones. Huttball without charge is no fun at all.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

va_wanderer
02.15.2012 , 03:49 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirokinae View Post
Haha i'm just having a little bit of fun. =) Like i said, valid points from you and helping out healers is always a plus. For the most part, however I find that careful use of defensive cooldowns and avoidance of mechanics saves my butt a lot more than a couple of talent points, so I try to maximize my dps. Essentially my view is, the faster things die, the less damage the healers have to heal through.
True, though I was looking with some interest in the fact that each Trooper generates their own stack of effects on a target- and those effects are cumulative.

Someone noted to me recently that Commandos each can put a 5-stack of Grav Round on a target, and each stack applies fully- so every full Grav stack is 20% reduction to armor rating.

Sadly, the closest thing we have is Static Field- on the other hand, the idea of 16-man Vanguard squads that taser a target for a combined 64% damage reduction is kinda awesome...
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

Hirokinae
02.15.2012 , 05:47 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunsoar View Post
Here is a spec I have been playing around with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...boMZMsZfhboz.1

Close range burst is awesome:

Been starting with Incen Round, followed by HIB and SS.

Fill with some Ion Bursts.

Chill in Plasma cell.

Try it out and let me know what you think. I have been playing around with builds and I find not having Charge sucks. So I built a build and been having a blast with it in warzones. Huttball without charge is no fun at all.
^^. Thank you for the reply. To be honest, I feel that the build simply does not have much damage potential. You do not have ionic accelerator, which is probably the biggest reason to be assault, and the ammo consumption in the spec would be rather steep. I think you'd end up using hammer shot a lot more than you'd like because you lack the ammo regen from high impact bolt, or high energy cell from tactics. For pve dps, I would probably shy away. For pvp utility, it might be ok, but more of a tanky build.

Sunsoar
02.15.2012 , 06:18 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirokinae View Post
^^. Thank you for the reply. To be honest, I feel that the build simply does not have much damage potential. You do not have ionic accelerator, which is probably the biggest reason to be assault, and the ammo consumption in the spec would be rather steep. I think you'd end up using hammer shot a lot more than you'd like because you lack the ammo regen from high impact bolt, or high energy cell from tactics. For pve dps, I would probably shy away. For pvp utility, it might be ok, but more of a tanky build.
This is definitely not a PvE spec in any means. I use that only for PvP and having the points in Parallactic Combat Stims helps with ammo regen.

As I said I find this a good spec for hard hitting consecutive abilities. Not having Ionic Accelerator is a loss for PvE but like I said I use this spec as a DPS PvP spec. The loss of charge in any other build is no fun, and having Charge for Huttball is a must.

I tried a build based around gut, but gut is an ability that doesn't offer much in PvP.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Nomiematiko
02.15.2012 , 10:18 PM | #95
Normaly i use Iron Fist like specc, but 1 or 2 talents changed, with Combat Tech gear and some eliminator/rakata pieces (set is Combat Tech)

I'm going to give this build a try, and since i like having some survival capabilities i'm not going for the Fire pulse skill(15sec cd is a nono).

Using Ion pulse to stack 5times is a must, Static field and Power Armor are awsome dmg reduction talents, got all the talents to increase HIB and Stockstrike dmg + set bonus from Combat Tech, with dual build incoming i'm going for this build and the one i use now almost like Taugrim Iron Fist.
(congratz for the awsome job your doing for the Vanguard community Taugrim)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GMZMsrbRrfkdcZb.1

Ofc Storm > everyother skill just love it

Rank 63 Vanguard, afk
Niman PVP server
Guild Aordem
Vanguard Costa

mykaelmjr
02.20.2012 , 09:57 AM | #96
@Hiro

In regards to HIB, are you using it every single time it's up or are you only using it on proc?

Clucker
02.20.2012 , 12:21 PM | #97
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMZfhrbzGhM.1

Why not this?

The 3% endurance does zero for actual dps. While Parralactic Combat Stims has the potential to give you more ammo for more Ion Pulse spam.

Sweltering heat I feel is just a good utility for trash mobs.

I guess the 3% endurance is just useless imo.

I love this spec though, I wish we had an aggro dump ability though.

EteREaL
02.21.2012 , 09:15 AM | #98
First of all thanks for all the informations and the work you're doing Hirokinae, reading your posts is a real pleasure for the rest of the DPS vanguards.

Recently I've been wondering more or less where the raw dps of the vanguard lies, in order to have a full picture and compare it with the rest of the dps classes. So looking at your little experiment in page 7, where you calculated the damage along 150 seconds for the assault spec, we can derive the dps 131000/150 = 873 dps. Plasma cell wasn't included in that calculation but i remember reading in another post of yours that it does 1200 damage every 6 seconds which is 200dps more. So adding the two number together we have that an assault vanguard full rakata does 1073 dps (in the ideal case where no hammershots where necessary, which is never possible).

This number seems rather low when you compare it with the average dps for scoundrels/hybrid sages which is know to be around 1300/1400. Are we that low in comparison with other classes?

Khoifish
02.21.2012 , 12:23 PM | #99
For all of you Vanguards out there, what DPS set should we go once we start getting Rakata tokens?

Hirokinae
02.21.2012 , 07:22 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Khoifish View Post
For all of you Vanguards out there, what DPS set should we go once we start getting Rakata tokens?
The dps set for troopers is combat tech, which is a HUGE boost to our dps. On top of that, i'd like to know that it is best for dps to pick up 4 pieces of rakata, plus the eliminator boots because it has more aim than the rakata boots.