Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm a Pyromaniac at heart, but......

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
I'm a Pyromaniac at heart, but......

Golden_Archer
04.11.2013 , 10:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
pt used to be sux at high-end pve until tfb came out,
it is only useful during few patches,
if pt dps is not as top as mara sniper, why should i play it,
i havent experience the new end ops, but if pt dps lower than mara sniper, then ill quit,
science this game has no more class story to play it.
Ok, quit, I don't see a problem there

I'll stay and play my favorite class to eventually outdps both of those classes. Already doin' more dps then top snipers in my gi.

RoninKetch
04.12.2013 , 08:58 AM | #12
OP -

Bads and those that only play FOTM will tell you the class is aload of crap now, and to reroll.

The thing with rerolling is that in 3-6 months time the nerf bat WILL swing again, & the class you rerolled maybe the next in line... Then what will you do? QQ & scream out that your class is aload of crap now and reroll?

Stick to the PT its more than viable... its still does great damage only time will tell if its is viable for RWZ's, but in all honesty the best will always have a spot in a RWZ team.

Operatives/Scoundrels got a huge nerf over a year ago but the pro players adapted and stuck to their class.... the Good concealment Operatives/scrapper scoundrels do disgusting amounts of damage their opener is devastating!

mfourcustom
04.12.2013 , 05:30 PM | #13
Ya, stick to PT and do useless Fluff damage and have the slowest TTK of any of the classes with the least utility and survivability and uhh no burst... OH wait i must be one of those FOTM players talking... sorry

Not like my PT has been my main since launch or anything the guys who are crying don't know what there talking about we are all just FOTM players.. Stick with PT and get rolled in wzs and bring down your ops groups..

GG

Dasgruberg
04.12.2013 , 05:35 PM | #14
I realized this after trying both pyro and AP in pvp. AP is okay for HM FPS as i can see it. In most mmos the underdog class changes regularly. First operatives got the nerf-sledgehammer, then mercs and now its our turn.
Now i rerolled tankspec and im having a blast!
Try it before you reroll to the next FOTM.
Maekor - 55 Juggernaut
Andrine - 55 shadow
Kintara - 55 Powertech
Zaekor - 55 Sniper

DinesenDK
04.12.2013 , 06:33 PM | #15
I don't see the issue with BW trying to get the class more in line with the rest. yes we were really good at bursting. I'm not gonna stop playing my Vanguard or Powertech both "pyro" specced because of that. I still get my 8 medals from WZs and bring 2 taunts, grapple and a couple of stuns to help our team win. But if you ONLY have fun from being number one DPS, then I see your problem.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Fauhn lvl 55 Warrior - Juggernaut.