Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carbonize??

-Cybrax-
01.16.2012 , 12:27 PM | #1
Ok, this is driving me insane. For some reason carbonize only seems to work 25% of the time for me. In pvp I could maybe write this off due to resolve/trinkets/etc, but why when running instances is this happening on non-elite mobs in hard mode instances. What I like to do is get threat on everything then hit carbonize but frequently i only see one guy encased afterwards. My tech hit is 108% so it cant be missing, all the monsters in question are not even being dpsed.

I have noticed on some that it just does not display the graphic and I seem to not be taking damage. If anyone can help me understand this ability better and could shine some light i would appreciate it. My understanding is it should stun 5 non champion mobs for 2 seconds within 8 meters (about the same nova as flamesweep).

TY

Mordercai
01.16.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
I have never had a problem with Carbonize not working, until I got the pvp armour set. I picked up the Powertech armour set that isn't the Supercommando one, and have enough pieces to receive the +.5s duration bonus. However, after testing multiple times on other players, I noticed that the skill just doesn't work at all. I don't know if its just the set or me, but one time during a hutball game tied 2-2 with 10s left our ball carrier was going down, and I was out of combat so i actually dropped one piece of my pvp gear to run up and carbonize and voila, it worked.

As far as I can tell, the skill is broken with 2 pieces of the pvp set.
I do not aid. I do not defend.
I do not seek justice. I seek only my reward.
There is no "We" or "Us", there is only I. And I am a Bounty Hunter. And Killing is My Business.

-Cybrax-
01.16.2012 , 01:17 PM | #3
fml thats the set i purchased all champion of lol

Steeeeve
01.16.2012 , 01:17 PM | #4
I don't ever have an issue with carbonize honestly. My only suggestions would be the following:

For pvp make sure the enemies resolve bar is not full. That is the white bar under their health bar, if it's full they will be immune to it. Additionally some classes have buffs that will temporarily make them immune to CC as well.

Fo pve some mobs are just immune to CC. I don't mean to sound condescending but it's the only reasonable conclusion for me. Damage won't break carbonize so pay attention to the mob's debuffs. It is also possible they are being carbonized and your video is not working properly. Try updating your video drivers if they are getting the carbonize debuff without the visual effect as well.

Rabbitofdoom
01.16.2012 , 01:45 PM | #5
Actualy he is corect. To make it even more funy this bug persist when removing the armor. I think it works back as it should after changing instance.
Battlemaster Doomsong Skyburner "This is not the bountyhunter grapling peoples in to acid pits you are looking for."
23/16/2 Iron Fist
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...MboMZrcrroZb.1

Loytal
01.16.2012 , 01:58 PM | #6
He is correct.... the 2 piece comat tech armor breaks carbonize. I have reported it a few times without response and I have not seen the bug confirmed by anyone. So who knows how long we will have to wait for a fix.

AetherMcLoud
01.16.2012 , 04:55 PM | #7
That's one of the worst bugs I've ever read.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

-Cybrax-
01.16.2012 , 05:47 PM | #8
Just confirming i tested this today and yes, the two set piece did break carbonize. The zone thing is also true which would have made this impossible to discover without this forum thread. Thank you for your help!

AetherMcLoud
01.16.2012 , 05:51 PM | #9
This really needs to be fixed ASAP. I really want to get the Combat Tech PVP set because lower cooldown on determination is sweet, more crit on rocket punch is sweet and 0.5 seconds longer duration for carbonize is just icing on that cake.

But if you simply cannot use carbonize anymore with this set on this set is completely useless. I don't want the tank set, so I'll probably go for the dps merc one (Eliminator) which gives crit chance on rail shot as the 4 piece bonus (but has a completely useless 2piece for PTs).

Again, I really would love to get the Combat Tech PVP set but I simply cannot endure carbonize not working with this bug.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

natrol
01.17.2012 , 01:02 AM | #10
Confirming. 2 pieces indeed breaks it instead of improving it. Another bug out of millions in this game.

Let's mass report this plz.