Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why has the vanguard skill tree been messed with?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Why has the vanguard skill tree been messed with?

me_unknown
04.13.2012 , 05:42 AM | #11
i never tryied it before 1.2 but now pulse generator's 5 stacks do not increase puls cannons damage at all neither does it apply the mentioned slow of 70%.

and actually, pulse cannon with these 5 stacks does less damage than it did before the patch without even being skilled tactics.

Arzoo
04.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #12
They fixed it in 1.2

No wait, they actually DISABLED THE ENTIRE TALENT.

Pulse Generator does not work at all right now.

Varena
04.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #13
When I respecced tactics last night I noticed that they'd added an extra tick to pulse cannon and reduced the damage by about 25% per tick.

So, instead of 3 ticks for 2.4-2.5k self buffed I'm getting four ticks for 1.8-1.9k

I didn't try PvP so I didn't really see if the slow was working. PG does still affect MV and SG though.

And yes, if the RNG gods smile and everything crits, the combination of SG/MV/pulse cannon with 5 stacks of PG does absolutely insane AoE damage. (3k+6x1.6k+4x1.8k, or just under 20k damage over 6 seconds). Of course, the chance of everything critting is pretty minimal, even with cooldowns and you can only do it once a minute.
"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future.

Zunayson
04.14.2012 , 08:02 AM | #14
Well, ALSO! Explosive Surge now generates a PG even if it doesn't hit anyone! So now you can always start a fight with explosive surges, then recharge and reload!

Loving these new "bugs". I just wish explosive surge made a PG Per target hit. And at 5 stacks, PG is like Ion Pulse - so it's more damage/ammo and damage/time effecient when hitting 2+ people in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box