Doc Is Coming Back <3 (This Is a Positive Thread)

Ylliarus

Yes, Doc's coming back in the Jedi Under Siege storyline and I am very happy about that! Finally my Jedi Knight's husband will be returning to her side, something that has been overdue for a long time. I know people want Kira back a lot and don't care as much for Doc, but to me he is more important than Kira. My Jedi Knight is finally going to have her love interest back and that just makes me incredibly happy!

I remember when I first played through the Jedi Knight story and encountered Doc on Balmorra. If my Knight had eyes (she's a Miraluka) she would have been rolling them constantly just like I was IRL. I kept choosing the "you're a horrible person" options on Balmorra at the start but the further the story progressed there the more I came to tolerate him. I was adamant however, even though he was the only romance option for female Jedi Knights at the time I would not romance him. I was certain and utterly convinced... but that attitude didn't last for long.

Even though I kept reminding myself "this dude is bad" I couldn't help but warm up towards him over time. My Jedi Knight was the same, she at first was like "nope" but eventually he just started winning her over. I remember distinctly not wanting to immediately go for kisses and all, I wanted Doc to work on winning over my Knight's heart because. There was a small moment of crisis when the Twi'lek who he abandoned at the altar came up and I wanted to strangle the man and a second crisis when Scourge popped up and I desperately wanted to romance him (sadly, that was a no-go), but eventually Doc just won over both my Knight and me IRL and they married.

It was a very long wait, especially hard since Theron Shan would have matched my Jedi Knight perfectly, but I wanted her to stay loyal to Doc because that just felt right. After having tried so hard to make Doc only look at my Knight and no other women, it would have been hypocritical of her if she went for Theron. But now Doc's coming back and I can't wait to see the reunion! :D

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I warmed to him when I found out how cute his voice actor is irl :D No but seriously Doc does earn my respect in the story, he's a cad but as time goes on it becomes clear that he really does want to help people. He's fun and I'm glad he's coming back.

I warmed to him when I found out how cute his voice actor is irl :D No but seriously Doc does earn my respect in the story, he's a cad but as time goes on it becomes clear that he really does want to help people. He's fun and I'm glad he's coming back.

Yes precisely! At the start he really comes across as this poodoohead that just has one thing on his mind. But as time goes on you notice he has his heart in the right place after all.

What I also like about Doc is that you can see him change as the romance progresses. At first he's seeing the Knight as yet another conquest, perhaps his biggest so far. But eventually you start seeing he falls in love with the Knight as well and that's incredibly adorable to see!

Who is his voice actor?:rak_02:

But eventually you start seeing he falls in love with the Knight as well and that's incredibly adorable to see!

Well put :)

He's the only LI I can think of who gets a dark side fade to black too, which is kind of hilarious. He comes back looking all disturbed and I'm like, omg what did I just do to him?? :p

Well put :)

He's the only LI I can think of who gets a dark side fade to black too, which is kind of hilarious. He comes back looking all disturbed and I'm like, omg what did I just do to him?? :p

I love how at one point you can go back for a 'second round' with another fade to black and you literally wear him out. It's hilarious! (Also, I'm pretty sure the DS fade to black bit is a hold-over or mistake, considering it's only the female Knight who experiences it, while male Knights and all Consulars don't face DS points for any saber-sheathing that goes on.)

Doc is a LI that took me a while to appreciate too, but now he's in my top 4 romances--specifically because of his character mini-arc and how his demeanor towards you changes as he grows as a person. Also, underneath all the Bruce Campbell smarm and womanizing he's a genuinely good person who gives all people in need medical treatment for free, regardless of their political affiliation. You see that all the way back on Balmorra, where he refuses to abandon both Imperial and Republic wounded.

Yeah, he's not anywhere near perfect, and I understand completely why some people would get so put off by his early silliness and affectations that they wouldn't want to pursue the romance with him. Heck, my first run-through of the Knight story, I didn't go through with it either (though I did tell him we could talk about it after the whole business of killing the Emperor was done). But if you stick with him, the payoff is worth it. The proposal and marriage scene is priceless.

Edited by AscendingSky

I do hope Doc gets more than the two minutes of return cutscenes we've seen with previous companions.

I'm still angry at Corso for not buying us the Ronto farm he promised.

DEVS, we need some Ronto and stables and wood fence decorations!

I always loved Doc. There was never a "he grows on you" sort of thing for me. He's funny, charismatic, and way long over due to get him back in my Knight's life. Plus the only romance where you actually get married in the game. And yes his VA is very handsome!

Not to mention the talent this guy has in voice impersonations!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Bowen

Edited by Swingkittie

But now Doc's coming back and I can't wait to see the reunion! :D

Yay! Doc thread! I mentioned this was needed just yesterday in that other love thread I frequent far too often ;)

The JK romance with Doc is really good - he may have been a terrible womaniser & boasts far too much about his brilliance, however he is clearly in awe of his knight and he's quite honourable when it comes to the treatment of enemies in trouble. Doc's return has been too long in coming. He's has the only companion gift receiving response that I find hilarious and don't mind listening too

I've done the dark side thing and seen the forbidden spoilers. If they stay how they are I think Doc romance fans will be very, very happy with his return story

:eek::eek:

What the whating what? How have I not seen this man until now?

I've always enjoyed him, I'm glad he's coming back too. Seeing as over time my other JKs have become 'spoken for' I've been leveling another, just for him. :)

He reminds me so much of Bruce Campbell, and makes me laugh.

Edited by Lunafox

Yay! Doc thread! I mentioned this was needed just yesterday in that other love thread I frequent far too often ;)

The JK romance with Doc is really good - he may have been a terrible womaniser & boasts far too much about his brilliance, however he is clearly in awe of his knight and he's quite honourable when it comes to the treatment of enemies in trouble. Doc's return has been too long in coming. He's has the only companion gift receiving response that I find hilarious and don't mind listening too

I've done the dark side thing and seen the forbidden spoilers. If they stay how they are I think Doc romance fans will be very, very happy with his return story

:eek::eek:

What the whating what? How have I not seen this man until now?

You should check out the link I put on his career on Mad TV. Very talented actor who has done a lot of film, TV, and games.

I have been waiting for his reunion for a long time. Now I have someone to give all those courting gifts to! I just hope we get more than two minutes!

I have this thing for giving my LIs a themed stronghold room. Doc's is in my Coruscant stronghold and is cross between a palace and a science lab:

Doc's Den

Doc's corner of genius (or doom :D )

Mr & Mrs Kimble

Yes my original Doc Knight character really is called xx Kimble! I made her Mirialan because Doc seems to like exotic women (shallow? Yes - gotta compete with the bikini fetishers somehow :D )

I hope returned Doc keeps his animations when placed in a stronghold. It makes him look like he's plotting his next genius research plan.

Should have called this thread "You love me! Admit it"

Edited by Sarova

I have this thing for giving my LIs a themed stronghold room. Doc's is in my Coruscant stronghold and is cross between a palace and a science lab:

Doc's Den

Doc's corner of genius (or doom :D )

Mr & Mrs Kimble

Yes my original Doc Knight character really is called xx Kimble! I made her Mirialan because Doc seems to like exotic women (shallow? Yes - gotta compete with the bikini fetishers somehow :D )

I hope returned Doc keeps his animations when placed in a stronghold. It makes him look like he's plotting his next genius research plan.

Should have called this thread "You love me! Admit it"

I have a Mirialan too. On my original Knight though she is human. Mirialan is my next favorite species. I like your pictures! I will be glad to see a non holo version of him soon.

Yay a Doc thread!

True story: when I first played the game, Jedi Knight was the first story I was playing through, and I was super psyched to get to the love interest. Then I got to Doc and was SO PUT OFF that I stopped playing for a week. (Bear with me here.)

But then I finally went back to it and realized how great Doc is. Not only does the romance let me play my favorite trope -- slap/slap/kiss -- (I swear none of the others let you!) -- but he won me over just by being completely fantastically ridiculous.

People always focus on the horndog part of his character and somehow miss how great his ridiculous storyline quests are. ("You had to be rescued from your own rescue mission. Classic Doc.")

Anyway, I'm so glad we are FINALLY getting him back, and hopefully the new Jedi Knight I played through for him (because my main has not gone through KotFE in protest!) still has her romance flagged, even though she never got his letter.

I have a Mirialan too. On my original Knight though she is human. Mirialan is my next favorite species. I like your pictures! I will be glad to see a non holo version of him soon.

I caved and grabbed Doc back from the terminal to make screenshots. His Holo version is naked in my stronghold on that character. Nice but just not right for taking pictures.

Anyway, I'm so glad we are FINALLY getting him back, and hopefully the new Jedi Knight I played through for him (because my main has not gone through KotFE in protest!) still has her romance flagged, even though she never got his letter.

Has it been confirmed that you can skip kotfe/kotet to access the 5.10 story? I thought they mentioned in Livestream that completing kotfe/kotet was a pre-requisite, especially as the story follows on from all of that mess & the Iokath/traitor storyline mess.

I'm 100% convinced that Bruce Campbell's portrayal of Autolycus was BioWare's main inspiration for Doc. Not only personality-wise, but appearance-wise as well! The resemblance is undeniable.

:eek: I think you might be right! That is uncanny!

The best thing about the Doc romance is that you get an actual wedding. I don't think any of the other romances get this (I only do/have done female character~male LI romances so I don't know about the others).

Doc's a Dev favourite so I'm sure his return is going to be as awesome as

the spoilers I've seen suggest

Edited by Sarova

Yay a Doc thread!

There have been no Doc threads so far (correct me if I am wrong), so I felt he deserved some love to! Ever since it was announced he would be returning I saw people being all "no one cares about Doc, bring back Kira!" and I was like "No, I care about Doc, he's my Knight's husband!". Like, I get that people want Kira back and that she's a huge fan favourite, but those who romanced Doc have been waiting for his return just as long as well!

The best thing about the Doc romance is that you get an actual wedding. I don't think any of the other romances get this (I only do/have done female character~male LI romances so I don't know about the others).

Agreed, it was amazing to actually get a full wedding scene and not just "let's get married" "okay!" *kiss and then blackout*. Especially that you get the droid reciting it all, it's just amazing and lovely to see! I had it recorded and still love to rewatch that scene sometimes :D