Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish people that leave WZ!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish people that leave WZ!

Talcyndl
02.14.2012 , 12:07 AM | #51
The funny thing is the number of times I've WON matches after people quit who thought the team was going to lose. Perhaps it's not the other players that were sucky.

Oh and the whole "The team was a bunch of newbs" excuse is great, especially when the same people complain about the long queues. Guess what? If you won't play with the new 50's they are going to have a hard time regearing. And some of them will give up on PVP completely.

BoDiE
02.14.2012 , 07:08 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
the title was enough
the ragin that followed was a bit ott
kids should just calm down.
Pot and kettle
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

Talcyndl
02.14.2012 , 07:24 AM | #53
As I said in Ops chat last night: I'd rather be a loser than a quitter. Although I'd prefer to be neither.

Lugors
02.14.2012 , 07:51 AM | #54
As a chronic leaver of warzones, I'll explain my reasons for doing so. EA has not provided enough incentive for me to stay in. The daily and weekly quests are for 3 or 9 wins. Leaving a warzone where you are down 2 to 0 (Empire here, so all I do is Huttball) means I will have a very low percentage of completing that quest in that match. So, I leave and join another one with a higher percentage of me winning. My goal is to complete the daily in the shortest amount of time so I can do other stuff.

Adding a deserter flag will just make people frustrated by bugs that kick you from the warzone, and encourage people to AFK during a losing match.

The best change would be to require X amount of valor to complete the daily, where I could win 3, or lose 6 to 9 and still finish my daily quest. That would require a bit of retuning the valor rewards for wins and loses, but I don't believe the current incentives are working out correctly anyway.

L

Talcyndl
02.14.2012 , 07:55 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugors View Post
Leaving a warzone where you are down 2 to 0 (Empire here, so all I do is Huttball) means I will have a very low percentage of completing that quest in that match.

Unless the requeue on your server is A LOT quicker than what I see, you are hurting yourself (plus screwing over your teamates - who may actually be trying to earn commendations as well as wins).

SirRobin
02.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #56
Yeah...

How about BioWare start addressing the long list of problems with warzones before finding "more" ways to punish "paying" customers who have limited game time.

Seductivpancakes
02.14.2012 , 08:35 AM | #57
I'm pretty sure if a punishment of some sort is implemented, players would just stealth afk or run around not helping and just acting a fool.

I suppose a Vote kick can be added, which is exploitable.

I suppose you can report people, but since is it a crime to NOT help your team?

Point is, people will always find a way to not play when they don't want to.