Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolve needs a slight tweak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Resolve needs a slight tweak

Ronxz
02.09.2012 , 08:02 AM | #1
So after being told Resolve was function perfectly fine and still seeing problems with getting chain stunned I decided to continue researching into the this "functioning as intended" resolve issue. What I have found is that on the surface, yes, resolve does work. If you are at max resolve you will not be stunned but you can still be slowed or have movement impairing effects placed on you.

Now ignoring the question: Why are movement impairing effects allowed but stuns aren't? The problem is that if you get stunned or CC'd continuously before your resolve bar reaches maximum you will remain stunned and CC'd after reaching full resolve.

Example: Player X is at 90% resolve, Player X then receives a stun pushing them to 100% by Player Y but then Player A also puts a stun on before Player Y's stun has worn off. Player A's stun remains in effect despite Player Y's stun wearing off. This will continue for every stun placed on Player X until they die or the stun wears off, then they become immune.

Resolve does not BREAK the stun when you hit 100% nor does the system differentiate between the stun or CC cast which pushes the player to 100% resolve and subsequent stuns and CCs put on after. So resolve allows you to remain stunned continuously despite hitting 100% so long as the stuns are continuous and do not drop off. This is a very easy fix, when you get to 100% resolve it needs to break the stun or CC itself rather than waiting for it to wear off.

Please fix this slight oversight.
-Ronxz
"In Pace Decus, In Bello Praesidium"
Guildleader of Anthology, High Priest of the Bacon, Godfather of Middle-Earth, and Sith Overlord.

Ronxz
02.09.2012 , 09:16 AM | #2
*Bump*
-Ronxz
Guildleader of Anthology, High Priest of the Bacon, Godfather of Middle-Earth, and Sith Overlord.

AcerLerxt
02.09.2012 , 09:18 AM | #3
That's like saying our government needs a slight tweak. LOL.
╬ SP€CTR€ ╬
Invitation-Only, Competitive PVP Community
Jung Ma (RP-PVP) Battlemaster Sage

Ronxz
02.09.2012 , 05:05 PM | #4
Well, if the shoe fits... Lol
-Ronxz

Aaoogaa
02.09.2012 , 05:08 PM | #5
You mean resolve isn't working as intended? You mean the complaints about resolve from beta on still have not been addressed? Say it isn't so.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Ronxz
02.10.2012 , 10:05 AM | #6
I know I know, I still hold out though since they said the pvp update is coming in March. So until then I'll do my best to give solid reasoning and report these issues. I still have faith in Bioware, they didn't try and scam off Kung Fu Panda... yet.
-Ronxz

Elyree
02.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #7
If by "slight tweak" you mean "complete overhaul" then I fully agree.

EscVelocity
02.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
Apparently sorcs can continuously stun you (I can't turn or move or pass the ball) even when the bar is fully white.
I have to wait for them to be knocked back by an ally or CC'd by an ally before I can continue walking very slowly due to other snares or be able to pass the ball.

The good news though is that at least one class's (you guessed it: sorcerers) resolve system is working fine. Because their resolve bar doesn't even have to be over half white for them to be immune to grapple or any other CC. But then again, they're sorcs. That's why you see 90% of emp are players of that class (that's right, it's not actually that the majority of the playerbase is obsessed with lightning only affects, but have instead chosen to roll the most OP/rigged class to boost their e-peen).

So fix resolve? And have one of your devs try to go against a Sorc (Merc too while they're at it) in Huttball. I mean I 'm assuming Huttball is somewhat important to factor in while balancing the classes, seeing as how 99% of all PvP is Huttball. I mean don't get me wrong, you can 1v1 in a duel in certain areas, but I don't think the majority of PvP is done through dueling. Just a hunch.

Ronxz
02.14.2012 , 07:55 AM | #9
An ineffective resolve system in a game where every class has at least 2-3 stuns and crowd control skills is the root of a lot of frustration. I know when I am carrying the ball in huttball and I get stunned at the goal line for 20 seconds straight I am asking "Why didn't resolve let me score?" Or when I get grappled repeatedly into fire traps or acid with the ball and I am wondering "I had a full resolve bar, why am I still being grappled?" or when I see some classes without resolve simply ignore CCs because of some latent lag on the resolve system. I don't think anyone here is trying to flame or ***** but point out a major issue that needs to be addressed.
-Ronxz