New to Reinstalling the game

AggiePunbot

Not a new player here, but I am new to having to reinstall the whole game. Long story short: my hard drive died so I have to reinstall the game on the new one. The Minimum Download feature allows me to play on the starter planets while the rest of the game loads, and it even shows an indicator telling me how much of the game is left to download, so that's nice.

What I am wondering is if that indicator that tells me how much game I have left to download includes all of the subsequent patches and expansions, or if that's just for the base game. I have a monthly bandwidth cap so thisis something that I need to know. Thanks for any help you may offer. :-)

You launcher will dl all the way to the most current patch. It will include all data for the game. Keep in mind, however, that it is broken into about three different sections or so. I've no way of knowing which one of those sections you're on. I can assume since you are at least playing on starter worlds, that you are through at least the first section as it allows no play at all until it is installed.

Hope that helps.

It helps a little, I think. I'm just seriously hoping that the indicator I see in-game is for the entire game and not just section 2, since the process of re-downloading the game thus far (up to starter planets plus 50% on the bar in-game) has chewed up around 37GB of bandwidth so far.

Not sure if you'll see this but just in case, I had to manually allow either swtor.exe or launcher.exe past the windows firewall when I had to do the reinstall. I forget which one it was but one of them didn't get added back in during the reinstall.