Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

MadDutchman
11.11.2019 , 07:23 PM | #21
Why would they give a hoot about people who aren't paying?

It costs them money to have F2P and Preferred players using their servers. Now getting people into the game clearly is worth it to them up to a point, but if every "remove X restriction from F2P" demand we have on here got implemented, we would no long have subs at all, and everything would have to go through the cash shop (and people complain about nickel and dimeing now...)
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Spikanor
11.12.2019 , 02:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Why would they give a hoot about people who aren't paying?

It costs them money to have F2P and Preferred players using their servers. Now getting people into the game clearly is worth it to them up to a point, but if every "remove X restriction from F2P" demand we have on here got implemented, we would no long have subs at all, and everything would have to go through the cash shop (and people complain about nickel and dimeing now...)
who tells you there not will sub more at some point.

we talk here about credits only not about the other things you get for free to use in a subscription like: exp boost, beter item drop rate, free cartel market coins each month and go on.

if players wane use a animal mount and there are preferred or free to play there need to buy cartal coins with real money.
if there wane level up fast there need to buy exp boosters from the cartal market with cartal coins.
if there wane use a adaptive armor set that you only can buy from the cartal market there buy cartal coins.

preferred and free to all players use faster there real money for cartal coins then for subscriptions.
then there are still paying like sub players only in a diffrend way.

and there is also a other thing bioware can add in the cartal market for preferred players only to risce there max lvl limit from 60 to 75 item there can add in the cartal market and the player can use it only on that char to risce the max level limit from 60 to 75 for that char only that means if the preferred player wane chance the max level limit from 60 to 75 on 2 chars he most buy it 2 time's then.
will for subs its free to have there max limit 75.

there are a lot off things subs get for free and preferred players most pay it to get it with real money.

xordevoreaux
11.12.2019 , 06:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikanor View Post
who tells you there not will sub more at some point.
Logic does, and Dutchman is right. The point of having restrictions is to entice people to sub.
Remove the restrictions, there's no point in subbing.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Spikanor
11.12.2019 , 06:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Logic does, and Dutchman is right. The point of having restrictions is to entice people to sub.
Remove the restrictions, there's no point in subbing.
credits are a small thing off the game.
if you are woried there not gone spent real money in the game then here is something to think also about it.

if players keep selling stuff there have buy from the central market and keep selling it on the GTN's then the normal free to play and preferred players spent no real money in the game.
but if bioware chance it to bount to Legacy then free to play players and preferred need to spent real money to get the cosmetic stuff like a mount or gear.
but so long we are keep selling central market items on the GTN only to make some credits for it

and thats how most off the game's i know are still runing after 10+ years since there make it account binded what you buy in that game shop and not cant sell it to other players in the game.
then can a free to play player have a lot off credits but still cant have any stuff like that since he not wane spent real money.

xordevoreaux
11.12.2019 , 07:15 AM | #25
credits are a small thing off the game.
if you are woried there not gone spent real money in the game then here is something to think also about it.

if players keep selling stuff there have buy from the central market and keep selling it on the GTN's then the normal free to play and preferred players spent no real money in the game.
but if bioware chance it to bount to Legacy then free to play players and preferred need to spent real money to get the cosmetic stuff like a mount or gear.
but so long we are keep selling central market items on the GTN only to make some credits for it

and thats how most off the game's i know are still runing after 10+ years since there make it account binded what you buy in that game shop and not cant sell it to other players in the game.
then can a free to play player have a lot off credits but still cant have any stuff like that since he not wane spent real money.
Obviously, based on your continued flawed defense of what you've proposed, the time spent by everyone in this thread, including me, trying to explain the real-world repercussions of what you are suggesting, has been a complete waste.

You fail to acknowledge the simple truths we've mentioned, so we are done here.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Ylliarus
11.12.2019 , 09:52 AM | #26
It costs money to run this game, so any F2P or Preferred player are basically making use of a service they don't pay for, but costs money to maintain it. It's absolutely, 100% fair that they have restrictions and limits on playing the game. If they want to have full access to everything, including higher credit caps, then they simply have to sub, period.

Think about it this way: you're going to a restaurant, order a three course meal and expect to walk out without having to pay for any of it. Does that make sense to you?

Another example: you go to the grocery store, buy all the things you need and expect to be able to leave with your shopping cart filled to the brim without having to pay for it. Does that make sense to you?

This game is a product and offers services that need to be maintained. That maintenance happens by asking the users of the product to pay money through a subscription. The fact that there is a F2P or Preferred option, already is a really big, generous gesture, that you can basically make freely use of the product, but only up to a point. And those restrictions and limits are completely fair, if you consider that you get to play this game for free already if you want to.

As you can see from the responses here, people aren't supportive of this idea and it's only logical that we aren't. If you want to have full access to all the game's aspect, you simply have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay for using the game, you have to be content with the already generous gesture of being able to play the game as a F2P or Preferred player.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Toraak
11.12.2019 , 10:02 AM | #27
Unlimited Credits is one of the major reasons to subscribe. The other major reasons are for access to operations, and unlimited access to PvP.

It is very important to keep this restriction in the game for F2P. If you want to have no limit, you can spend the $15 a month, which is minimal.

People spend that for a 2 hour movie in many places, or on junk food, or fast food. The monthly sub for any MMO is well worth it if you even play one night a week for 2-3 hours. Many forms of Entertainment will cost much more $ for a couple of hours of entertainment. Let's say you play 4 hours a week, you would only be paying just under $1 per hour of entertainment per month. This is a very cheap form of entertainment.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Spikanor
11.12.2019 , 12:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
It costs money to run this game, so any F2P or Preferred player are basically making use of a service they don't pay for, but costs money to maintain it. It's absolutely, 100% fair that they have restrictions and limits on playing the game. If they want to have full access to everything, including higher credit caps, then they simply have to sub, period.

Think about it this way: you're going to a restaurant, order a three course meal and expect to walk out without having to pay for any of it. Does that make sense to you?

Another example: you go to the grocery store, buy all the things you need and expect to be able to leave with your shopping cart filled to the brim without having to pay for it. Does that make sense to you?

This game is a product and offers services that need to be maintained. That maintenance happens by asking the users of the product to pay money through a subscription. The fact that there is a F2P or Preferred option, already is a really big, generous gesture, that you can basically make freely use of the product, but only up to a point. And those restrictions and limits are completely fair, if you consider that you get to play this game for free already if you want to.

As you can see from the responses here, people aren't supportive of this idea and it's only logical that we aren't. If you want to have full access to all the game's aspect, you simply have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay for using the game, you have to be content with the already generous gesture of being able to play the game as a F2P or Preferred player.
i know it cost money to run this game but then explane me this why are other online game's that are much and much older still runing by this day since there nerf the exp for a free to play player hard.
and the only by getting good exp and level up faster is with memberships there over with extra exp bonus.

let me tell you this also:
4 years ago was the last time i have play this game then the comunety was big but now its low and really low.
same go's for the exp 2 weeks ago i have make a new char without sub 2 weeks later its max level all with only doing the main story quest's and the side quest's and some heroic's my max lvl char is at the start off chapter 3 still my older char from 4 years ago is 50 he has compleet chapter 3 all.
done with my old char the same things main story,all the side quest's all the bonus quest's lot off heroic's and he was sub and still its lvl 50.

and you all forget 1 big thing this game needs free to play players without free to play players this game will not run for long more since there are not coming new players more to play it then if there not can play it for free and see if there like it or not and to lure new players you need to give then sometime's good benefit's not to big and not to small.
and a credits limit is one off the things that needs a big chance.
and the wold is changing same with the game's what first works good is not gone keep working for ever and sometime's big chance's are need to lure new players and boost the player base from the game.

and the main part is its EA game there have all a lot off money then is something like runing this game with getting less money from this game almost notting for a company like EA

casirabit
11.12.2019 , 12:46 PM | #29
https://massivelyop.com/2019/11/01/s...-most-pleased/

This doesn't seem to indicate that F2P are helping SWTOR......
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Ylliarus
11.12.2019 , 12:49 PM | #30
i know it cost money to run this game but then explane me this why are other online game's that are much and much older still runing by this day since there nerf the exp for a free to play player hard.
and the only by getting good exp and level up faster is with memberships there over with extra exp bonus.

let me tell you this also:
4 years ago was the last time i have play this game then the comunety was big but now its low and really low.
same go's for the exp 2 weeks ago i have make a new char without sub 2 weeks later its max level all with only doing the main story quest's and the side quest's and some heroic's my max lvl char is at the start off chapter 3 still my older char from 4 years ago is 50 he has compleet chapter 3 all.
done with my old char the same things main story,all the side quest's all the bonus quest's lot off heroic's and he was sub and still its lvl 50.

and you all forget 1 big thing this game needs free to play players without free to play players this game will not run for long more since there are not coming new players more to play it then if there not can play it for free and see if there like it or not and to lure new players you need to give then sometime's good benefit's not to big and not to small.
and a credits limit is one off the things that needs a big chance.
and the wold is changing same with the game's what first works good is not gone keep working for ever and sometime's big chance's are need to lure new players and boost the player base from the game.

and the main part is its EA game there have all a lot off money then is something like runing this game with getting less money from this game almost notting for a company like EA
I am not going to argue with you anymore, you keep defending something that we have all tried to show you will not and should not work, and yet you persist. It's not going to happen, the credit cap is not going to be removed, it simply will not happen. So please, as much as you want it to happen, don't hold your hopes up because Bioware will never remove the credit cap.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!