Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

Spikanor
11.10.2019 , 02:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Merely yet again another player who's currently subbing (as we can tell by the OP's ability to post on these forums) wishing to cancel his sub (or his remaining time is already running out) and simply doesn't want to have to maintain his subscription in order to do what he's currently doing now.

It's like someone publicly begging to keep his 4,000-square-foot house but no longer willing to pay his mortgage.

If you want to go preferred, there's coffee and beds at the local mission.
If you want to keep the mansion, sub.
here is a question i wane ask you.

why is this game not pay for play then?
maybe the reason is that if there make it only pay to play there lose a lot off players and no new players are coming to try it out and the game is death.

and still to give preferred the same credits limit as free to play is stupid since preferred got all most extra things but then give then the same credits limit as free to play is stupid.
preferred needs a max credit off 10 mill for sure.

SteveTheCynic
11.11.2019 , 05:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikanor View Post
and still to give preferred the same credits limit as free to play is stupid since preferred got all most extra things but then give then the same credits limit as free to play is stupid.
preferred needs a max credit off 10 mill for sure.
I'll admit that I thought that raising both limits to the same amount was a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "stupid", just "wrong".

That said, I don't think a 10:1 disparity is appropriate. The old disparity was 1.75:1, and that was plenty, but I'd go for round numbers, and make it 2:1 (2 million for Pref, 1 million for F2P).

Nothing that's *needed* to play the (main) game costs enough to justify raising the Pref limit any higher than that, especially when you consider that Pref accounts can stash excess credits in their legacy storage and pull them out when they want to buy interesting things that are below the credit limit.

And no, Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk (aka Space Barbie) is not part of the main game. That's about the only thing that really costs lots of credits.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

AshurDarksoul
11.11.2019 , 06:51 AM | #13
Guessing this limit on credits may make it harder on gold farmers to ply their trade?

-Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

DarkTergon
11.11.2019 , 08:16 AM | #14
No, the credit limits are there for a reason. If you want the full credit limit, sub. The question should be , can the limit be increased. Yes, along the lines of what steve posted above. Everything in the game (apart from fashion) would be affordable, and they could still store excess in their legacy bank.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Spikanor
11.11.2019 , 11:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I'll admit that I thought that raising both limits to the same amount was a mistake, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "stupid", just "wrong".

That said, I don't think a 10:1 disparity is appropriate. The old disparity was 1.75:1, and that was plenty, but I'd go for round numbers, and make it 2:1 (2 million for Pref, 1 million for F2P).

Nothing that's *needed* to play the (main) game costs enough to justify raising the Pref limit any higher than that, especially when you consider that Pref accounts can stash excess credits in their legacy storage and pull them out when they want to buy interesting things that are below the credit limit.

And no, Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk (aka Space Barbie) is not part of the main game. That's about the only thing that really costs lots of credits.
still 2 mill credits limit is still notting in the economy from today.
what about stull like mod's for you adeptieve armor and weapons.
since few update's i think there have add new versions off mod's that are much better then the old one's but to get the right level off mod item you need for you char to become stronger is rare to buy in the GTN's since most off the players not sell then or craft any more.
then the option is to craft then on your own but with the stuff you need to craft then is at some point also hard to farm it on your own and you need to buy the craft materials from other players on the GTN but the price's there are selling and the higher stacks there are selling it like in stacks off 100 or 500 the price for it is most time's more then 1 mill credits or 2 mill credits is also about the grade off craft material you need.
then is a credits limit from 2 mill still notting for a preferred player.

and steve if there remove the credit limit for preferred players and free for all then you can allways nerf the exp for then that there level up what slower then now then there can buy a Subscription for the exp boost or also a option buy the exp boost's from the Cartel market with Cartel coins then there got 2 options to get exp booster or there wane level slower and slower.

Toraak
11.11.2019 , 11:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
They increased the credit limit just recently but removing the credit limit completely for free to play and preferred players is not a good idea in my opinion.
I agree with this. Gold sellers would take advantage of no limit to Credits on F2P accounts.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Spikanor
11.11.2019 , 01:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I agree with this. Gold sellers would take advantage of no limit to Credits on F2P accounts.
so long there are players selling there credits and buying there credits from gold sellers then you keep having this problem same will happing if this game is only playfull for sub's then you keep the gold sellers thill nobody buys and sells to then.

and so long there are type players that not wane work for there credits to get something or think there can live from selling credits for real money you always keep the gold sellers in the game and notting will be chance.
and since bioware or EA is doing notting against the players that are using this game for making real money then the gold sellers will not stop and keep going.

and all MMORPG game's have this gold sellers problems and non off then has fix it.
i know 1 game that has a server in the US and that game is gold sellers free and its full free to play since the GMS there do there work.
and from the same game the EU version got a lot off gold sellers since the same game gm's is doing notting against on that server.

Elessara
11.11.2019 , 06:45 PM | #18
FTP and Preferred already get a heck of a lot. I do not agree with removing the credit limits although raising the limit on Preferred players would be good.

Ylliarus
11.11.2019 , 07:05 PM | #19
If you want the credit cap removed, subscribe. If you don't want to subscribe, then you have to live with the credit cap. It's simple really, if you ask me.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SerraShar
11.11.2019 , 07:07 PM | #20
These stupid Limit are only hurting Swtor . It frustrate player into subbing.

I guess they rather peoples sub out of frustration then actual LOVE. Who cares, LOVE is overrated..anyway.

Every other MMO I play don't have 'Limit''..and they are just DYINNNNNNNNG !
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!