Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Decimus approving of Sith Inquisitor ascending to the Dark Council

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Darth Decimus approving of Sith Inquisitor ascending to the Dark Council

kingofdecepticon
11.09.2019 , 10:50 AM | #1
As I was playing Chapter 3 on my Sith Inquisitor and I decided to do the Corellia Planetary Arc (Battle for Corellia) prior to completing the Sith Inquisitor chapter 3 mission on Corellira.

Just before finishing the planetary mission, there is a cutscene where the player, being a Sith Inquisitor, meets Darth Decimus and during the cutscene Darth Decimus tells the Inquistor: "I am grateful for the help. Win this final battle and I will fully support your ascension to the Dark Council" (I have the recorded cutscene) and yet after defeating Darth Thanton and triggering the final cutscene Darth Decimus doesn't do or say anything.

My suggestion is for the players (Sith Inquisitors) who spent time completing the Corellia planetary missions should get a bonus reward in the form of a cutscene where Darth Decimus approves of the ascension while informing the rest of the Council of the player's glorious deeds of helping the war effort on Corellia (or something cooler), maybe even having Darth Acharon and/or Hadra agreeing alongside Decimus. I figured since the developers on SWTOR are focusing on unique single player storytelling then this would be a place to start.

I have submitted this idea to customer service in-game in the form of ticket# 34039999 and was advised to present it here as well.

SteveTheCynic
11.09.2019 , 01:52 PM | #2
You're probably right, but the time to propose this was during the game's pre-release testing, eight years ago. There is less than no chance that this will be changed now.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

BelorfinSiana
11.09.2019 , 05:45 PM | #3
I guess this is a Republic spoiler so to be safe

Darth Decimus
Spoiler
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin Raster; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); LucÓan

kingofdecepticon
11.10.2019 , 06:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BelorfinSiana View Post
I guess this is a Republic spoiler so to be safe

Darth Decimus
Spoiler
Yeah I already took that account while suggesting the idea as since it is therefore concluded that Decimus dies after the Inquisitor ascends to the Dark Council. If you have played the Inquisitor (or even the Warrior) final storyline on Korriban you can clearly see Darth Decimus (along with Hadra and Acharon) on their thrones via holo.

My suggestion is to not change his death but to make him voice his thoughts on the Inquisitor's ascension while he is still alive and attending the meeting.

kingofdecepticon
11.10.2019 , 06:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
You're probably right, but the time to propose this was during the game's pre-release testing, eight years ago. There is less than no chance that this will be changed now.
That may be so, but I was told that my idea was interesting and might be considered in the future (they will let me know). I don't mind the idea being waived off (or put on hold) in favour of other improvements but so long I get a genuine reason for it.

SteveTheCynic
11.10.2019 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kingofdecepticon View Post
That may be so, but I was told that my idea was interesting and might be considered in the future (they will let me know). I don't mind the idea being waived off (or put on hold) in favour of other improvements but so long I get a genuine reason for it.
The reason is liable to be because it is a tiny tweak in ancient content, and by all accounts the launch-time content like this is a tangled mess of tangled tangledness, and not worth the risk of modification.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.