Shoulder Cannon Explained [Video!]

Cilas

Hey all, check out the link below to watch a video of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJugdySvuIg&feature=youtu.be

Things I noticed up front:

1) You cannot right-click the loading buff off once you've activated the ability.

2) Once all missiles are loaded, you have 5 minutes to use them before they go away. Once all missiles have been used, the ability goes on cooldown.

3) It takes approximately 18 seconds to load all 4 missiles.

Awesome just awesome and thanks for getting it up so soon...yeah I did not mean it that way. Love the new ability not so sure about the sorcerers but the Bounty Hunter is awesome.

i admit, my powertech is in ****** gear for PvP so I can't speak too much to the damage done by it, only the functionality of it!

Seems like a lot of the new abilities are like that. Which is awesome to be able to do something while stunned the number one complaint I have had. I want to say thanks for doing all these videos just great that you are doing them so that we can at least know what is going on.

i was able to click the buff off to set it on cooldown after they had all loaded (i had been sitting at a node doing nothing and wanted to reset the cooldown).

i did like it tho, especially being off the GCD

you can click off the buff when they're all loaded, but you can't click off the loading buff itself

Great explanation - LOL at firing it from while in Whirlwind. So if you don't deplete the last missile, the cannon won't go on CD for 1.5 min? What's the CD on each missile reload - 15-20 seconds?

I don't have a Powertech, but this just got even more awesome.

Great explanation - LOL at firing it from while in Whirlwind. So if you don't deplete the last missile, the cannon won't go on CD for 1.5 min? What's the CD on each missile reload - 15-20 seconds?

I don't have a Powertech, but this just got even more awesome.

Not sure I understand your question.

the ability CD is 1.5 minutes. When it is clicked for the first time, you get two buffs. One buff 'loads' your missiles until you have four missiles. While loading, you can fire your missiles, as long as you have one to fire. the loading buff lasts about 18 seconds. so, approx 4 seconds to load a missile. You can only load a total of four missiles.

The missiles themselves will stay loaded and ready to fire for around 4 minutes and 45 seconds. after that time, or when you use all of your missiles, the ability goes on cooldown

Not sure I understand your question.

the ability CD is 1.5 minutes. When it is clicked for the first time, you get two buffs. One buff 'loads' your missiles until you have four missiles. While loading, you can fire your missiles, as long as you have one to fire. the loading buff lasts about 18 seconds. so, approx 4 seconds to load a missile. You can only load a total of four missiles.

The missiles themselves will stay loaded and ready to fire for around 4 minutes and 45 seconds. after that time, or when you use all of your missiles, the ability goes on cooldown

I think the question was after ur full in missiles(4) and use like 3 of them are u forced to fire the 4th missile in order to start the reloading? or as long as u keep 1 missile u can dodge that 1.5 min CD(doubt u can)

Anyway i really missed the heatseeker animation on my PT and now i have it:D(miniature version LoL) I`m gonna have lots of fun with this, obviously a stealther is still the best node guard but this new toy is gonna make for a good replacement in pugs

I think the question was after ur full in missiles(4) and use like 3 of them are u forced to fire the 4th missile in order to start the reloading? or as long as u keep 1 missile u can dodge that 1.5 min CD(doubt u can)

Anyway i really missed the heatseeker animation on my PT and now i have it:D(miniature version LoL) I`m gonna have lots of fun with this, obviously a stealther is still the best node guard but this new toy is gonna make for a good replacement in pugs

Ah. The answer is no, you are never forced to fire the missiles. However, the missiles are on a 4:45 cooldown. So you either fire 4 missiles in that time and put it on cooldown, or you wait it out the 4:45 and it goes on cooldown anyways.

I got a chance to check this out with better gear and the damage is decent. Because it can be used while cc'd, it is primarily great for casting when you are stunned.. But it is also nice to add if your heat gets too high.

Pt rotation stills seems to stem around flame burst, rail shot, and rocket punch

Can anyone with better gear provide insight on its damage output? Will it be worth anything to use in a rotation, or only usable when cc'd

i crit someone for ~2k with one when i used it. so the damage is not too bad.

seeing it is off the GCD, i see no reason to not use it if youre in heavy combat. if youre guarding a node tho, i wouldnt use it other than being CC'd, just in case you really need it.

i crit someone for ~2k with one when i used it. so the damage is not too bad.

seeing it is off the GCD, i see no reason to not use it if youre in heavy combat. if youre guarding a node tho, i wouldnt use it other than being CC'd, just in case you really need it.

Good to know!