Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For KOTFE and KOTET 1st playthroughs....play as Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
For KOTFE and KOTET 1st playthroughs....play as Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight?

Majestic_Jazz
04.29.2019 , 02:34 PM | #1
Currently I am doing a 1-70 playthrough with the Sith Warrior (LS) and Jedi Knight (DS).

Last time I played SWTOR I played all the way up to SoR and finished that. Everything after SoR I have never touched.

For story purposes, will I get a better enjoyment playing KOTFE and KOTET for the 1st time as a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior?
Want to enjoy a unique Star Wars story experience?

What are you waiting for? A galaxy awaits your arrival...

DarthCasus
04.29.2019 , 03:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Currently I am doing a 1-70 playthrough with the Sith Warrior (LS) and Jedi Knight (DS).

Last time I played SWTOR I played all the way up to SoR and finished that. Everything after SoR I have never touched.

For story purposes, will I get a better enjoyment playing KOTFE and KOTET for the 1st time as a Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior?
It's the general consensus that it was written for Knight first and foremost but it seems to fit Knight, Consular and Warrior just well. Inquisitor, not so much for Inquisitor-specific reasons but one thing those expacs taught me is you can stretch your head canon pretty far to get through a lot of what's coming. It all depends on how you receive the story tbh.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Goreshaga
04.29.2019 , 04:08 PM | #3
I'd add that IMO, the story make more sense with a rather LS to neutral or very slightly DS character than with a completely evil psycho one.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

DarthCasus
04.29.2019 , 04:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
I'd add that IMO, the story make more sense with a rather LS to neutral or very slightly DS character than with a completely evil psycho one.
None of the stories imo work well as a full DS maniac. They all come across as goofy and plain idiotic and that's more of a writing issue than a preference for mostly LS.
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.

SiegePro
04.29.2019 , 05:30 PM | #5
Personally, I thought it worked best with a Light Side Inquisitor. Chapter 12 of FE particularly has a lot of nuance for a former slave who was trained in the Dark Side, but ultimately rejected it.

Second best for me would be Light Side Jedi Knight with Consular a solid second. The Imperial Agent and Pub Trooper both get some significant companion reunions along the way which are worth it just for that.

Majestic_Jazz
04.29.2019 , 07:38 PM | #6
For me, I will have a DS Jedi Knight and a LS Sith Warrior.

Which would I get the most out of playing it for the first time? You only get 1 time to experience these expansions for the first time so I want to make sure it is the optimal experience.

Right now I plan on doing the LS Sith Warrior playthrough first as I always play games for the 1st time using the LS/Good/Paragon route and then go back for a 2nd run and play the DS/Bad/Renegade run. However I hear the story makes the most sense as a Jedi Knight.....
Want to enjoy a unique Star Wars story experience?

What are you waiting for? A galaxy awaits your arrival...

Sambril
04.29.2019 , 11:45 PM | #7
My first complete playthrough was with a Jedi Knight Guardian. I had originally started with a Sentinel but switched to the Guardian for some very minor reasons (I really should go back and finish the Sentinel). It did feel like it was a good fit with a lot of references to the Jedi Knight back story.

I have also completed it on a Smuggler Gunslinger and while it had its moments where it was OK, overall the story is just too force focused for any non-force user to feel completely right. I did it mainly for one particular companion not normally available to smugglers.

I have not played it on an Imperial character yet, but would likely pick a Warrior as my first option there.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor" RaF: http://www.swtor.com/r/YBLLhw

LD_Little_Dragon
04.29.2019 , 11:55 PM | #8
If companions matter at all to you then I suggest taking your Warrior through first.

The Knight gets seriously shafted on the companion front, especially for what is claimed to be the class the story was written for.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

DarthCasus
04.30.2019 , 01:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Personally, I thought it worked best with a Light Side Inquisitor. Chapter 12 of FE particularly has a lot of nuance for a former slave who was trained in the Dark Side, but ultimately rejected it.

Second best for me would be Light Side Jedi Knight with Consular a solid second. The Imperial Agent and Pub Trooper both get some significant companion reunions along the way which are worth it just for that.
Yeah but ghosts and mind control and all. And being flung around like a force-less whelp. I love my LS Sorc and Sin but they really got the shaft there, even with the slave background setting some limitations on their power.

Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
The Knight gets seriously shafted on the companion front, especially for what is claimed to be the class the story was written for.
The companions became so important that they tossed dozens at us and said 'do whatever outside of the chapters'. I feel like companions is one area they did poorly in these expacs on but it's fair to disagree, with the abundance of them. The ones that did return lacked quality returns barring few. Otherwise, this was a straight up Knight story and as a Knight/Warrior fan, I hated it.

JuventusAndFCK
04.30.2019 , 10:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
If companions matter at all to you then I suggest taking your Warrior through first.

I feel like this is a truth for most pub chars though, perhaps except trooper.