Purchased item due to incorrect image on the character display panel :(

TrixxieTriss

I just spent 1 mil buying 2 Sabre hilts because they were ALL Black on the character display panel.

I’ve been waiting for some weapons like this for a very long time and was really excited and just purchased them.

Then I equip them and they aren’t all black at all. They actually have no black on them and look terrible. I am mighty disappointed because it also cost me CC to open them and I hadn’t actually looked closely before I did it.

The two weapons in question are the :

Exquisite Champion’s Lightsaber

Exquisite Champion’s Dualsaber https://imgur.com/gallery/p59xpcy

I will link a screen shot a bit later. But if you want to see what I’m talking about. Go check.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just spent 1 mil buying 2 Sabre hilts because they were ALL Black on the character display panel.

I’ve been waiting for some weapons like this for a very long time and was really excited and just purchased them.

Then I equip them and they aren’t all black at all. They actually have no black on them and look terrible. I am mighty disappointed because it also cost me CC to open them and I hadn’t actually looked closely before I did it.

The two weapons in question are the :

Exquisite Champion’s Lightsaber

Exquisite Champion’s Dualsaber

I will link a screen shot a bit later. But if you want to see what I’m talking about. Go check.

"character display panel" ===> "New Preview Window" but yeah, they do, indeed, look blacker-than-black in there.

I'm curious about one thing. How did it cost you CCs? Did you account-unlock them before seeing what they really looked like? I ask this because I can't find them on the CM right now, and you can character-unlock stuff from the GTN without paying CCs.

"character display panel" ===> "New Preview Window" but yeah, they do, indeed, look blacker-than-black in there.

I'm curious about one thing. How did it cost you CCs? Did you account-unlock them before seeing what they really looked like? I ask this because I can't find them on the CM right now, and you can character-unlock stuff from the GTN without paying CCs.

It cost me CC’s because I unlocked before actually zooming in (I zoom out 80% for pvp).

I’d already purchased a whole heap of things and I was busy equipping then unequipping them.

After I’d done that I went through unlocked them all and it wasn’t until I went to use them on another character that I realised they weren’t black.

These hilts weren’t cheap. There were others on SS and SF and they were 2-5 mil each. I’m glad I didn’t pay that or I would extremely upset.

Not that I think Bioware are likely to do it. But I would like it if they would just make these 2 weapons actually look all black, just like they currently do in the preview window.

I’m sure anyone else who has purchased them didn’t know they weren’t black at the time. So it doesn’t matter what ever bug that has caused, they should just remove the coloured skin from the weapons and make them all mat-black like the preview window.

It cost me CC’s because I unlocked before actually zooming in (I zoom out 80% for pvp).

I’d already purchased a whole heap of things and I was busy equipping then unequipping them.

After I’d done that I went through unlocked them all and it wasn’t until I went to use them on another character that I realised they weren’t black.

OK, fair enough.

Not that I think Bioware are likely to do it. But I would like it if they would just make these 2 weapons actually look all black, just like they currently do in the preview window.

I’m sure anyone else who has purchased them didn’t know they weren’t black at the time. So it doesn’t matter what ever bug that has caused, they should just remove the coloured skin from the weapons and make them all mat-black like the preview window.

I think it's unlikely they'll do that. These weapons have been in the game for ages, introduced in the Star Cluster Nightlife Pack in 2014.(1) It's surely a rendering bug in the new preview window. (A frustrating bug, for sure, but a bug all the same.)

(searches)

Oops. No. It's also a bug in the old preview window: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958467

That said, an all-black sabre *would* be cool, perhaps with a crystal-following blinkenlight or two to add interest.

(1) Dulfylink: http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/swtor-star-cluster-nightlife-pack-preview/

That's strange. They've always had a wooden look to them in preview window (the old one anyway) for me. There is an all black version of those though. I hate the sound they make so I never use them. I'll have to look them up as I don't remember the name.

EDIT: You want the etched dueler's version

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/etched-duelers-lightsaber/

Edited by kodrac

With the way they look in the preview window it's obviously a bug. They're not just solid black, which would be an indication in itself since there is zero texture detail, but they're also transparent.

BTW: both of the etched sabers, single and double, can be had for less then 650k on SF right now. You're not likely to get back your credits, but you might be able to get CS to undo the account unlock for both of the exquisite sabers.

Edited by ceryxp

That is not mat-black, it is clearly a missing texture.

Yes, when you zoom in and crop the picture to view on a larger screen it is a missing texture,

When you are looking at it on a 24inch 1080 monitor in the preview window, it looks mat black.

Yes, when you zoom in and crop the picture to view on a larger screen it is a missing texture,

When you are looking at it on a 24inch 1080 monitor in the preview window, it looks mat black.

I saw them on a 22" 720p monitor in the preview window and had no problems with it looking like an obvious bug/missing texture to me. This is on you. You MIGHT be able to get the CC's back, but that's a BIG might. If that looked textured to you and not like a bug you should either invest in a new monitor or some glasses...

I saw them on a 22" 720p monitor in the preview window and had no problems with it looking like an obvious bug/missing texture to me. This is on you. You MIGHT be able to get the CC's back, but that's a BIG might. If that looked textured to you and not like a bug you should either invest in a new monitor or some glasses...

LoL, I already wear glasses and I’m not asking for the CCs back. What I would really like is for Bioware to make the items look the same as they do in the preview window. So all black and no detail. Then they can look like an all black stealth looking weapon to go with my all black outfits.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, I already wear glasses and I’m not asking for the CCs back. What I would really like is for Bioware to make the items look the same as they do in the preview window. So all black and no detail. Then they can look like an all black stealth looking weapon to go with my all black outfits.

Except how they look in the preview window is a bug. And since people, including myself, have already paid for them the way they look, with the wood handle, they're not likely to be changed to something with a texture that amounts to a 1px x 1px black dot. If you want a black version then use the etched dueler's sabers. They look almost exactly like the exquisite champion's sabers (just the end is a little different).

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/etched-duelers-lightsaber/

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/etched-duelers-dualsaber/

They were fairly cheap on SF (the dualsaber is still up for 75k), but someone decided that a saber that cost 550k a few days ago is now worth 3.9 mil. On SS you can get both for 525k.